Increasing NAD lowers body weight, cholesterol and blood pressure

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

You know, I experience this too. I eat with so much pleasure after niacinamide 250mg. Perhaps the net effect is a zero, but there is clearly something happening there. Good thought.
I have that same response to glycine and aspirin . Food legitimately tates better. And sometines I even loose weight when binging. Sometines I gain weight.

Last edited:

Frankdee20

Perhaps that's why I crave meat when I take niacinamide? Wouldn't lots of orange juice and meat be enough to support the methyl pool?
You know, I experience this too. I eat with so much pleasure after niacinamide 250mg. Perhaps the net effect is a zero, but there is clearly something happening there. Good thought.
It’s the way people on this forum go extreme, and the majority support them here, that this can get misconstrued with the status quo here, but status quo is not always objective…

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Here's an interesting new study on NAD/NAM .

Can anybody get the full text??

Motorneuron

Here's an interesting new study on NAD/NAM .

Can anybody get the full text??

It makes me wonder if inhibition of SIRT6 (like curcumin) is positive.

Furthermore, it has never been clarified whether low-dose niacinamide (for example below 500mg?) is an activator of SIRT, while doses above 500mg? is inhibitory towards SIRT (which subset and in which organ I don't know).

Perhaps it has already been said, but if we combine ribose with niacinamide we would probably have NMR at a lower cost.

I had written the reports somewhere, hope to find and post them...maybe there was a thread about "fusion vs fission" mitochondria on Longecity.

David PS

It makes me wonder if inhibition of SIRT6 (like curcumin) is positive.
I do not think it is good to inhibit SIRT6. This is especially important as people age. See the graphs at:

Motorneuron

@David PS Maybe I was wrong, it seems turmeric/curcumin would activate SIRT6. Let me know based on your searches if you find anything 😊👍 Thanks

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

The whole sirtuin thing seems kind of confusing to me.
I think someone should do an comprehensive "Sirtuins through a Peat-prism" thread.

How come peat said increasing NAD+ is good but sirtuins are bad ,when nad is a coenzyme for
sirtuins and thus will increase its production.

"Upregulation of NAMPT activates sirtuins primarily through the increase in NAD+ biosynthesis ..."
- It takes two to tango: NAD+ and sirtuins in aging/longevity control - npj Aging.

Niacinamide will increase NAD (and thus sirtuins?) on the other hand it has been shown in some studies to lower sirtuins...
- Nicotinamide Restores Cognition in Alzheimer's Disease Transgenic Mice via a Mechanism Involving Sirtuin Inhibition and Selective Reduction of Thr231-Phosphotau

There's tons of studies showing protective effects of sirtuins but also some showing pro-cancer effects.

Motorneuron

@Mauritio I agree, NAD and Sirtuine are agonists to each other 👍 Methylene blue also seems to behave the same way... oxidation or reduction depends on individual Redox state.

@Elie Maybe I'm getting confused but should it be B1, folate and B3 itself? 🤔 regarding SIRTs, if a subject has a chronic pathology perhaps the SIRTs are over-regulated and you would need tons of niacin (in fact 150mg/kg in vivo is suggested in Cancer cachexia) to have sufficient NAD+ while the niacinamide slows down SIRT and it guarantees NAD+ and recycling again... what do you think?

Attachments

• ypKcUMV.jpg
    ypKcUMV.jpg
    696.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240117-144842.png
    Screenshot_20240117-144842.png
    365.9 KB · Views: 3

Elie

Forum Supporter
Great chart. Where did you get it from?
Yes, Thank you. I saw somewhere elsewhere on the forum that Rutin, Quercetin help replenish NAMPT (and I think ECGC was on that list too).
Also, alpha lipoic acid helps restore NADH to NAD+
I got to figure out the right combo for my aging 50 y.o.+ body

Ismail

Great chart. Where did you get it from?
Yes, Thank you. I saw somewhere elsewhere on the forum that Rutin, Quercetin help replenish NAMPT (and I think ECGC was on that list too).
Also, alpha lipoic acid helps restore NADH to NAD+
I got to figure out the right combo for my aging 50 y.o.+ body
Nichola Conlon speaks about this in nearly every video she has done promoting her product, here’s one example:

View: https://youtu.be/Fp5ZwOUVHkA?si=gmZX_viB1lQYlv12

There’s a very good thread on this forum which @David PS brought to my attention, however I cannot find it, it expounds upon what you have mentioned as well as other things related to NAD, CD38 etc.

David PS

Nichola Conlon speaks about this in nearly every video she has done promoting her product, here’s one example:

View: https://youtu.be/Fp5ZwOUVHkA?si=gmZX_viB1lQYlv12

There’s a very good thread on this forum which @David PS brought to my attention, however I cannot find it, it expounds upon what you have mentioned as well as other things related to NAD, CD38 etc.
Thanks for the kind words about the thread.

Here is another thread that may be helpful. For me, it boils down to switching from a dark roast coffee to a light roast.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals