I'm Done Taking DHEA

Rand56

Despite numerous times trying DHEA, I always end up ditching it, as I have just done recently by "only" taking 1.25 mg's per day. I've been doing this dose for about 3 weeks..and of late I wasn't feeling that good. So a couple days ago I decided to ditch the DHEA and I felt better that day, and feel better today by also not taking any.

I only take 10 mg's of Preg a day...5 mg's morning and 5 mg's at night, and I'm doing 3 drops of Androsterone at night before bed.

At the low dose of DHEA I was taking, I was not getting estrogenic symptoms, like I have before at higher doses, but why is it that I end up feeling worse by only taking 1.25 mg's of it? Maybe the amount of Preg I'm taking is enough for some of it to convert to DHEA, and the extra DHEA I was taking was too much even at that low dose. Anyone else have any thoughts?

J

jb116

Some individuals have high levels of DHEA because of running on adrenals. The net result in quantity may be the same as gonadal activity but the reason is different. You may simply not need DHEA. Your age too will dictate something about levels being produced.

OP
R

Rand56

Some individuals have high levels of DHEA because of running on adrenals. The net result in quantity may be the same as gonadal activity but the reason is different. You may simply not need DHEA. Your age too will dictate something about levels being produced.

Well I'm male and 60 years old, and the last time I was tested, my DHEA-S was on the low end. I can't count that high the number of times trying DHEA, only to end up ditching it at some point.

johnwester130

in dmso or not ?

It should be taken in oil, to make sure you really are only getting 1.25mg

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Apply it to the scrotum. Made a difference for me.

johnwester130

No it was not with DMSO. 5mg tab split in quarters. Always took it with a bit of butter or some MCT oil.

here's what I think

dhea in dmso - converts to estrogen
dhea orally - converts to estrogen in the liver
dhea alone - converts to estrogen

dhea with pregnenolone, in oil - this is safe.

it's a difficult substance to do safely

PUTFOT

I think if you're a male just go with 5-ar androgens and completely skip the risk of estrogenic effects.

sladerunner69

Despite numerous times trying DHEA, I always end up ditching it, as I have just done recently by "only" taking 1.25 mg's per day. I've been doing this dose for about 3 weeks..and of late I wasn't feeling that good. So a couple days ago I decided to ditch the DHEA and I felt better that day, and feel better today by also not taking any.

I only take 10 mg's of Preg a day...5 mg's morning and 5 mg's at night, and I'm doing 3 drops of Androsterone at night before bed.

At the low dose of DHEA I was taking, I was not getting estrogenic symptoms, like I have before at higher doses, but why is it that I end up feeling worse by only taking 1.25 mg's of it? Maybe the amount of Preg I'm taking is enough for some of it to convert to DHEA, and the extra DHEA I was taking was too much even at that low dose. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Have you looked into your thyroid function? There are various factors influencing your body's ability to utilize DHEA and convert it down the optimal pathways- I would first look at your thyroid function. what is your pulse and temps?

Dobbler

bumping this old thread:

I think DHEA crashed me big time again
I took 25 mg for 5 days and at the end could barely get out of bed lol. I quess either my cortisol went super low or estrogen super high, idk. Already bad gut function also got even worse and mood too. Been 5 days soon and still havent recovered. I didnt make any other chances so it gotta be that DHEA. Only supplements i used with it was 500 mg niacinamide and 500 mg aspirin.
any ideas?

Sucrates

bumping this old thread:

I think DHEA crashed me big time again
I took 25 mg for 5 days and at the end could barely get out of bed lol. I quess either my cortisol went super low or estrogen super high, idk. Already bad gut function also got even worse and mood too. Been 5 days soon and still havent recovered. I didnt make any other chances so it gotta be that DHEA. Only supplements i used with it was 500 mg niacinamide and 500 mg aspirin.
any ideas?

Yeah, it's way too much, probably increasing estrogen. Take some oysters, or zinc, vitamin E, progesterone, in sensible amounts.

marsaday

This is a cortisol issue. dhea and cortisol work together. Normally in stressed people DHEA will be too low and cortisol too high. So you feel ill. The balance of cortisol and dhea wants to be "in balance" and if it isn't then you feel crap. I think it is 4:1 ratio, with cortisol being the larger amount.

So adding in dhea will mean you are altering your balance for the worse. I wonder what it would be like if you could up the cortisol level along with the dhea. Pregnenalone is good for this, hence we have pansterone etc, but a much better way of balancing out these hormones is progesterone and ProgestE oil specifically. Have you tried this ?

Dobbler

This is a cortisol issue. dhea and cortisol work together. Normally in stressed people DHEA will be too low and cortisol too high. So you feel ill. The balance of cortisol and dhea wants to be "in balance" and if it isn't then you feel crap. I think it is 4:1 ratio, with cortisol being the larger amount.

So adding in dhea will mean you are altering your balance for the worse. I wonder what it would be like if you could up the cortisol level along with the dhea. Pregnenalone is good for this, hence we have pansterone etc, but a much better way of balancing out these hormones is progesterone and ProgestE oil specifically. Have you tried this ?
No, i have never tried progesterone. Pregnenolone many times and alone it worked pretty nicely. Im low on money right now so cant rly buy it anytime soon. Ill just go without any supplements for now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals