Confused about DHEA

Sagitarrius90

Hey guys.

Having a hard time understanding this but DHEA is depleted by high estrogen yet DHEA can increase estrogen?

Is it more of a "the dose is the poison" type of deal? I've been doing 20mg DHEA and 20mg preg split throughout the day using pansterone. I've been feeling really high energy but my sleeps starting to suffer. I'm thinking it's either increasing estrogen OR I'm just not eating enough but I feel like a human again after taking this but the side is i actually have so much energy that sleeps being distrubed now. Anyone else have this experience?

Beastmode

Hey guys.

Having a hard time understanding this but DHEA is depleted by high estrogen yet DHEA can increase estrogen?

Is it more of a "the dose is the poison" type of deal? I've been doing 20mg DHEA and 20mg preg split throughout the day using pansterone. I've been feeling really high energy but my sleeps starting to suffer. I'm thinking it's either increasing estrogen OR I'm just not eating enough but I feel like a human again after taking this but the side is i actually have so much energy that sleeps being distrubed now. Anyone else have this experience?

I believe 15 mg is the suggested dose if split up throughout the day, so it might just be too much.

Also, sleep to me is the best indicator of how much or little to take something. If sleep is disturbed, you're most likely not resting properly. Therefore, the increase in energy can easily be coming from stress hormones. No such thing as sleep being disturbed if your energy is coming from the proper place. I have great energy all day (from eyes open to bedtime,) but I also fall asleep like a baby.

I've taken the product and I noticed similar things. I was also a lot more hypothyroid then so that most likely played a part.

Reading your post really brought me back and helped me realized how much things have changed.

Hope that's helpful.

boris

WARNING: It is crucial not to exceed 15mg total DHEA daily dose use even with topical administration. This amounts to using no more than 3 daily doses of Pansterone. The reason for this restriction is that even with topical administration, human studies found that estrogen went up when the total daily dose of DHEA exceeded 18mg (6g of a 0.3% DHEA cream). Here is a study showing that effect:
http://www.hormonebalance.org/images/do ... 20JSBM.pdf
"...Serum estradiol (E2) followed a comparable pattern with the first significant increase being seen at the 0.3% DHEA cream concentration."

Peat deems 5mg of DHEA (by itself) safe for a young person, if thyroid is good. With low thyroid I noticed negative effects from even less, but it could be a bad supplement I was using.

Beastmode

Peat deems 5mg of DHEA (by itself) safe for a young person, if thyroid is good. With low thyroid I noticed negative effects from even less, but it could be a bad supplement I was using.

I take this amount now with a better thyroid than before when I took 10-15 mg with a low thyroid.

T

TheBeard

I believe 15 mg is the suggested dose if split up throughout the day, so it might just be too much.

Also, sleep to me is the best indicator of how much or little to take something. If sleep is disturbed, you're most likely not resting properly. Therefore, the increase in energy can easily be coming from stress hormones. No such thing as sleep being disturbed if your energy is coming from the proper place. I have great energy all day (from eyes open to bedtime,) but I also fall asleep like a baby.

I've taken the product and I noticed similar things. I was also a lot more hypothyroid then so that most likely played a part.

Reading your post really brought me back and helped me realized how much things have changed.

Hope that's helpful.

Testosterone gives me restless and agitated sleep.
Eventhough it completely slashes cortisol.

So sleep disturbance can totally come from other variables than stress hormones when supplementing hormones.

Beastmode

Testosterone gives me restless and agitated sleep.
Eventhough it completely slashes cortisol.

So sleep disturbance can totally come from other variables than stress hormones when supplementing hormones.

I may have been a bit over simplistic there.

If testosterone gives you restless and agitated sleep, wouldn't that trigger a stress response?

If you're not sleeping well, wouldn't it be likely your system will be running on stress hormones a bit more than usual?

Thank you

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

Having more T lowers cortisol so yeah restless sleep would increase cortisol but I still think having high T would help that.

Beastmode

Having more T lowers cortisol so yeah restless sleep would increase cortisol but I still think having high T would help that.

Having high T in a person who isn't stressed is fine as less will be converted into estrogen. Makes sense that Peat rarely, if ever, emphasizes on T levels.

Context is everything as as always.

T

TheBeard

If testosterone gives you restless and agitated sleep, wouldn't that trigger a stress response?

If you're not sleeping well, wouldn't it be likely your system will be running on stress hormones a bit more than usual?

Thank you

T gives me restless sleep in the first place, before a lack of sleep can itself subsequently trigger a raise in stress hormone.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

Update... Still having restless sleep since starting pansterone... 3x 5 drops a day. Going to stop . Not sure if this is increasing stress hormones or my body just doesn't need as much sleep since I'm "healthier" who knows. Sucks but it's ruining my sleep . Feeling alot more aggressive, masculine etc maybe increasing my androgens and it's causing bad sleep or I don't need as much sleep

boris

Any reason why you are taking more than the recommended single dose at once and more than the recommended maximum daily dose? There are several warnings in the main pansterone thread not to do that.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

Dude........ the recommended dosing is 5 drops at a time 3 times daily- that is exactly what I am doing - You're creating more confusion on this thread with you're comment

boris

Feeling alot more aggressive, masculine etc maybe increasing my androgens [...]

Estrogen causes aggression, not androgens.

Dude........ the recommended dosing is 5 drops at a time 3 times daily- that is exactly what I am doing - You're creating more confusion on this thread with you're comment

Check your eyesight? Don't know what else to tell you. This is from the thread that you don't want to (or can't) read:

"Each serving (4 drops) contains the following ingredients:"

"The dose can be taken up to 3 times daily for a total of 15mg pregnenolone and 15mg DHEA daily."

"Do not apply more than a single dose at a time since DHEA can easily turn into estrogen"

I've been doing 20mg DHEA and 20mg preg split throughout the day using pansterone.

"WARNING: It is crucial not to exceed 15mg total DHEA daily dose"

Beastmode

Did you progress up to the recommended dose or start there?

T

TheBeard

He was just making a remark, up to you to take it as an aggression.

You are most likely estrogen-dominant by the way, androgens are not conducive to aggressiveness.

IVILA

Thank you
yeah well sometimes I guess if your body is not used to so much energy, it can lead to stress response and affect sleep. It doesn't mean taking dhea is increasing stress hormones at a low dose.

Beastmode

what were and are your thyroid levels that give you a conclusion that thyroid was low?

Body temp always in the low 97's for years, pulse in the 60's, poor achilles reflex, constipation, brain fog, dry skin, low T and so on.

Since taking T3 consistently, over the past 3 years, all those symptoms have been close to 100% eliminated and/or drastically improved. I started with the fundamentals via food first before I started T3.

My thyroid levels were in the midrange.

Sefton10

Body temp always in the low 97's for years, pulse in the 60's, poor achilles reflex, constipation, brain fog, dry skin, low T and so on.

Since taking T3 consistently, over the past 3 years, all those symptoms have been close to 100% eliminated and/or drastically improved. I started with the fundamentals via food first before I started T3.

My thyroid levels were in the midrange.
Which T3 have you been taking, Beastmode? I am considering getting some to try this winter. Can't decide between that or a DHEA/Progesterone combo.

Beastmode

Which T3 have you been taking, Beastmode? I am considering getting some to try this winter. Can't decide between that or a DHEA/Progesterone combo.
I take cytomel for T3 and cynoplus for T3/T4 (on occasion.

Personally, I prefer to make my own mix of dhea/progesterone. I put them in olive oil daily and apply it on my upper thigh daily. Not a big fan of taking DHEA orally.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals