ILoveSugar History

But if you imagine a vase that is oscillating and about to tumble over, which you briefly keep still with your hand. What then?

answersfound

I would focus on using pregnenolone and cyproheptadine to nuke stress hormones. You may need up to 500 mg of pregnenolone spread throughout the day. Use pregnenolone to eliminate the adrenaline response from taking thyroid or drinking coffee. Always take thyroid, coffee, pregnenolone after the meal. I would make sure you are eating a caloric surplus, eating every 2-3 hours. Also I would take haiduts estroban and retinol supplements. You may need a lot of thyroid, but as haidut said take until you are warm.

OP
OP
I

iLoveSugar

What about dropping dairy out to see if it helps lift the fog?

I just don't know how I could make up for everything it provides, ie, protein, calcium, calories, etc.

answersfound

iLoveSugar said:

I just don't know how I could make up for everything it provides, ie, protein, calcium, calories, etc.

I think If you increase vitamin a intake and fix gut issues with gelatin aspirin and cypro you will be able to tolerate dairy. I think cutting it out would be sort of running away from the problem rather than moving towards it.

tara

iLoveSugar said:
post 100400 What about dropping dairy out to see if it helps lift the fog?

Have you done this before for a few days? Notice any difference? If you haven't tried it yet, it could be worth it for just a week to see what changes.
If you are handling the milk OK it's really valuable for protein, calcium and calories, as you say.
But a few people just seem to get messed up by it. In which case it may do more harm than good. Only way to find out is to try it. If it's going to make a difference, I'd expect it to show in a few days.
Are you OK eating meat? Can you get some clean egg shell or oystershell powder?

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

Parasites are worth considering.
If you are considerring the flowers of sulphur approach, I'd suggest checking your pH first. If you are averaging below 6.3 I would try to get the pH up before using sulpur, if it were me.

HDD

"Activation of the sympathetic nervous system promotes hyperventilation. This means that hypothyroidism, with high adrenalin (resulting from a tendency toward hypoglycemia because of inefficient use of glucose and oxygen), predisposes to hyperventilation.

Muscle stiffness, muscle soreness and weakness, and osteoporosis all seem to be consequences of inadequate respiration, allowing lactic acid to be produced instead of carbon dioxide. Insomnia, hyperactivity, anxiety, and many chronic brain conditions also show evidence of defective respiration, for example, either slow consumption of glucose or the formation of lactic acid, both of which are common consequences of low thyroid function. Several studies (e.g., Jacono and Robertson, 1987) suggest that abnormal calcium regulation is involved in epilepsy. The combination of supplements of thyroid (emphasizing T3), magnesium, progesterone and pregnenolone can usually restore normal respiration, and it seems clear that this should normalize calcium metabolism, decreasing the calcification of soft tissues, increasing the calcification of bones, and improving the efficiency of muscles and nerves. (Magnesium, like carbonate, is a component of newly formed bone.) The avoidance of polyunsaturated vegetable oils is important for protecting respiration; some of the prostaglandins they produce have been implicated in osteoporosis, but more generally, they antagonize thyroid function and they can interfere with calcium control."
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=310

J

jb116

hello ILS, I haven't seen you mention your situation with B12. I saw somebody else mention it but did you expound on it? Sorry if I missed it. At any rate I have lots of personal experience with crohns and b12 is
super important here. Have you checked your levels? Do you supplement it? It would make sense that taking thyroid would give you some relief but if b12 is low, your body can't take over in keeping up the thyroid.

tara

iLoveSugar said:
post 100370 Probably do have parasites, but I have taken quite a bit of abx, colloidal silver, carrots, charcoal, bamboo, etc.
I don't know if any of those will kill parasites? I would not recommend taking more colloidal silver - it is quite poisonous.

answersfound said:
post 100394 I would focus on using pregnenolone and cyproheptadine to nuke stress hormones. You may need up to 500 mg of pregnenolone spread throughout the day. Use pregnenolone to eliminate the adrenaline response from taking thyroid or drinking coffee. Always take thyroid, coffee, pregnenolone after the meal. I would make sure you are eating a caloric surplus, eating every 2-3 hours. Also I would take haiduts estroban and retinol supplements. You may need a lot of thyroid, but as haidut said take until you are warm.

I'd try getting the thyroid up first before going too heavy on the pregnenolone - some people get knocked out by it, if their metabolism isn't running high enough to function without lots of stress hormones - there are a couple of related threads.

OP
OP
I

iLoveSugar

answersfound said:
post 100394 I would focus on using pregnenolone and cyproheptadine to nuke stress hormones. You may need up to 500 mg of pregnenolone spread throughout the day. Use pregnenolone to eliminate the adrenaline response from taking thyroid or drinking coffee. Always take thyroid, coffee, pregnenolone after the meal. I would make sure you are eating a caloric surplus, eating every 2-3 hours. Also I would take haiduts estroban and retinol supplements. You may need a lot of thyroid, but as haidut said take until you are warm.

I do use Pregnenolone, haven't ever noticed anything besides the first dose. Cypro makes me incredibly more foggy than I already am. Even at .5mg.
answersfound said:
post 100401
iLoveSugar said:

I think If you increase vitamin a intake and fix gut issues with gelatin aspirin and cypro you will be able to tolerate dairy. I think cutting it out would be sort of running away from the problem rather than moving towards it.

I do eat liver 1-2x per week as well as oysters.

HDD said:
post 100403 How is your cholesterol?

Not sure, no doc will test it. When I had it tested 2-3 years ago, it was OK.
tara said:
post 100405
iLoveSugar said:

Have you done this before for a few days? Notice any difference? If you haven't tried it yet, it could be worth it for just a week to see what changes.
If you are handling the milk OK it's really valuable for protein, calcium and calories, as you say.
But a few people just seem to get messed up by it. In which case it may do more harm than good. Only way to find out is to try it. If it's going to make a difference, I'd expect it to show in a few days.

I've experiementd with it in the past, but don't remember it doing much. Who knows. I do eat meat 1-3x per week.

HDD said:
post 100437 "Activation of the sympathetic nervous system promotes hyperventilation. This means that hypothyroidism, with high adrenalin (resulting from a tendency toward hypoglycemia because of inefficient use of glucose and oxygen), predisposes to hyperventilation.

Muscle stiffness, muscle soreness and weakness, and osteoporosis all seem to be consequences of inadequate respiration, allowing lactic acid to be produced instead of carbon dioxide. Insomnia, hyperactivity, anxiety, and many chronic brain conditions also show evidence of defective respiration, for example, either slow consumption of glucose or the formation of lactic acid, both of which are common consequences of low thyroid function. Several studies (e.g., Jacono and Robertson, 1987) suggest that abnormal calcium regulation is involved in epilepsy. The combination of supplements of thyroid (emphasizing T3), magnesium, progesterone and pregnenolone can usually restore normal respiration, and it seems clear that this should normalize calcium metabolism, decreasing the calcification of soft tissues, increasing the calcification of bones, and improving the efficiency of muscles and nerves. (Magnesium, like carbonate, is a component of newly formed bone.) The avoidance of polyunsaturated vegetable oils is important for protecting respiration; some of the prostaglandins they produce have been implicated in osteoporosis, but more generally, they antagonize thyroid function and they can interfere with calcium control."
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=310

All sounds good and dandy, and I definitely do hyperventilate, even much more so when nervous, sick, and in public, but I have supplemented long and hard with the supplements listed, all together, and none have done anything.

jb116 said:
post 100476 hello ILS, I haven't seen you mention your situation with B12. I saw somebody else mention it but did you expound on it? Sorry if I missed it. At any rate I have lots of personal experience with crohns and b12 is
super important here. Have you checked your levels? Do you supplement it? It would make sense that taking thyroid would give you some relief but if b12 is low, your body can't take over in keeping up the thyroid.

I have tried different forms of B12, none have ever done anything. If anything, liver does more.

tara said:
post 100483
iLoveSugar said:
post 100370 Probably do have parasites, but I have taken quite a bit of abx, colloidal silver, carrots, charcoal, bamboo, etc.
I don't know if any of those will kill parasites? I would not recommend taking more colloidal silver - it is quite poisonous.

answersfound said:

I'd try getting the thyroid up first before going too heavy on the pregnenolone - some people get knocked out by it, if their metabolism isn't running high enough to function without lots of stress hormones - there are a couple of related threads.

This thyroid ordeal is so tricky for me. I am so jittery, nervous, tired, etc. I have like all hypER and hypO symptoms. Also, my full thyroid panel shows OK, which I know doesn't mean much. Taking half a cynoplus tablet 2x per day hasn't done much. I also undereat right now and am underweight. I can't help it though. Even now, I eat when not hungry. Only way I can start eating more is to start pounding starches.

I spent all day today in the ER since I was so incredibly dizzy and wobbly this morning. I did an enema last night since I didn't go for several days. I suspect messing with my stomach made me worse off. Several blood tests, a brain MRI and neck MRI all showed OK. The only thing that raised a flag with them was an .008 TSH level. Go figure.

Still sick as a dog.

Thanks all, please continue to help.

answersfound

iLoveSugar said:
answersfound said:

I do use Pregnenolone, haven't ever noticed anything besides the first dose. Cypro makes me incredibly more foggy than I already am. Even at .5mg.
answersfound said:
post 100401
iLoveSugar said:

I do eat liver 1-2x per week as well as oysters.

HDD said:
post 100403 How is your cholesterol?

Not sure, no doc will test it. When I had it tested 2-3 years ago, it was OK.
tara said:
post 100405
iLoveSugar said:

I've experiementd with it in the past, but don't remember it doing much. Who knows. I do eat meat 1-3x per week.

HDD said:
post 100437 "Activation of the sympathetic nervous system promotes hyperventilation. This means that hypothyroidism, with high adrenalin (resulting from a tendency toward hypoglycemia because of inefficient use of glucose and oxygen), predisposes to hyperventilation.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=310

All sounds good and dandy, and I definitely do hyperventilate, even much more so when nervous, sick, and in public, but I have supplemented long and hard with the supplements listed, all together, and none have done anything.

jb116 said:
post 100476 hello ILS, I haven't seen you mention your situation with B12. I saw somebody else mention it but did you expound on it? Sorry if I missed it. At any rate I have lots of personal experience with crohns and b12 is

I have tried different forms of B12, none have ever done anything. If anything, liver does more.

tara said:
post 100483
iLoveSugar said:

answersfound said:

This thyroid ordeal is so tricky for me. I am so jittery, nervous, tired, etc. I have like all hypER and hypO symptoms. Also, my full thyroid panel shows OK, which I know doesn't mean much. Taking half a cynoplus tablet 2x per day hasn't done much. I also undereat right now and am underweight. I can't help it though. Even now, I eat when not hungry. Only way I can start eating more is to start pounding starches.

I spent all day today in the ER since I was so incredibly dizzy and wobbly this morning. I did an enema last night since I didn't go for several days. I suspect messing with my stomach made me worse off. Several blood tests, a brain MRI and neck MRI all showed OK. The only thing that raised a flag with them was an .008 TSH level. Go figure.

Still sick as a dog.

Thanks all, please continue to help.

Things didn't start working for me until I learned to overcome my own stubbornness. I would give the pregnenolone another shot. After all, ray says you really can't take too much. Worked for me and I had your exact symptoms.

messtafarian

With respect to all the strong and excellent minds who suggested you may have parasites, I personally don't think you have parasites. With the caveat that there are symptoms you mention that could be *liver* parasites but I can't imagine where an American could have picked those up.

Also just a caution. I know RP believes very strongly in thyroid supplementation and sometimes it seems that he may be recommending that people supplement with T4 even when their TSH levels are low. But personally I think that is how I got into trouble a year ago. I was supplementing thyroid when my TSH was already at .3 and my TSH got down to .00018. I believe I was suffering from thyrotoxicosis a couple months later * but I did not have the nutritional support to handle my own metabolism.* I crashed and I am sick as hell now. I realize now I was severely deficient in most of the b vitamins, magnesium and copper, just to start. I could have a TSH of negative one thousand but if the nutrients aren't there for my metabolism to pick up, then it could just make things worse. There are subtleties to what Ray is saying.

I think you should go back to haidut's original recommendations and try bromocriptine and clonidine to manage bowel inflammation. I am starting to think your real issue is some kind of ileus or pseudo-ileus due to malnutrition or infection, dysbiosis or nerve damage. Lots of gut stuff won't turn up on scans even though it can be really debilitating. Docs can look for years and not "find" anything.

I think you should stop the thyroid if you do not have a full panel that tells you exactly what is happening. .0008 is fine with Ray *as long as you do not have any entrenched deficiency*.

Meantime you have got to get some nutrition in you. Topical A B C D E K is my suggestion.

J

jb116

iLoveSugar said:
post 100501

But did you actually check your levels??
Oral b12 is not efficient with supplements, even for healthy people, let alone a crohns
patient with intestinal damage at the ileum and/or resection surgery.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals