Colonoscopy or no?

iLoveSugar

I'm 36 and have had severe stomach issues for a long time. I'm always in pain through my entire digestive tract. I've had 9 colonsocpies from ages 18-28, but haven't had one in 8 years. I'm debating getting one just because my stomach definitely hasn't gotten better, but I don't want to keep going through these invasive procedures. I do always worry about deeper issues with my stomach developing though. Stuck here between wanting one and not wanting one.

Gustav3Y

While you had these 9 colonoscopies what was the summary? They founds anything? they actively removed something each time during the colonoscopy?

Jon2547

Why aren't you consulting with naturopathic doctors instead of getting all these heinous procedures?

Nicky

Every time you have a colonoscopy you are playing Russian roulette. There is no need for this invasive procedure.
The instruments are so poorly designed that they can never be sterilized properly, there will be fecal matter and tissues from previous scopes.
The material used to sterilize is in the formaldehyde family and therefore will preserve left behind debris and it is also very toxic.
My advice stay away, you have already had too many, find another way.

NK

Perry Staltic

Good information about colonoscopy.

From that website. Whoever wrote this is ignorant:

There are two kinds of dietary fiber — soluble and insoluble. Both kinds are indigestible, and, nutritionally speaking, useless — not an iota of vitamins, minerals, or proteins between them: nothing, nada, zilch.

Once inside the body, both fibers whip up noxious gases, toxic alcohols, and irritating acids — the typical byproducts of bacterial fermentation, which, in turn, cause equally common flatulence, bloating, abdominal cramps, and diarrhea.

Colonocytes get most of their energy from butyrate produced by the bacterial fermentation of dietary fiber. If they are not healthy, leaky gut results with all of its associated problems. Butyrate also promotes tight-junction proteins between colonocytes as well as the mucosal lining, which keeps noxious stuff in the gut from leaking into the body.

Last edited:

Perry Staltic

Good information about colonoscopy.

Here's the specific page on colonoscopy from that website. It's pretty informative. Glad I read it.

Donttreadonme

I'm 36 and have had severe stomach issues for a long time. I'm always in pain through my entire digestive tract. I've had 9 colonsocpies from ages 18-28, but haven't had one in 8 years. I'm debating getting one just because my stomach definitely hasn't gotten better, but I don't want to keep going through these invasive procedures. I do always worry about deeper issues with my stomach developing though. Stuck here between wanting one and not wanting one.
You have had enough colonscopies for a lifetime.

Every time you have one, you risk the doctor penetrating the colon and going into a poop-bag for the rest of your life. My wife does ER medicine and she has seen this happen to people getting scoped. Yes, it does happen and when it does you ARE SCRWED.

Gustav3Y

You have had enough colonscopies for a lifetime.

Every time you have one, you risk the doctor penetrating the colon and going into a poop-bag for the rest of your life. My wife does ER medicine and she has seen this happen to people getting scoped. Yes, it does happen and when it does you ARE SCRWED.
I am not sure if the OP will reply, but that technically happens that the doctors need 9 colonoscopies?
Sounds like they would be constantly removing something, like poliyps? I cannot assume they just do it for the sake of just inspection?
Asking because the repetition of the produce seems like a lot.

Last edited:

Perry Staltic

I am not sure if the OP will reply, but that technically happens that the doctors need 9 colonoscopies?
Sounds like they would be constantly removing something, like polips? I cannot assume they just do it for the sake of just inspection?

It's a big money-maker.

tankasnowgod

I don't know what caused your initial stomach/GI problems, but it's quite possible that the colonoscopies aggravated it and extended the time you have dealt with it. And it's quite possible another one would make the situation worse. Roar of Wolverine's story always stuck with me-

Personally, I am never getting one, for the reasons he mentions (especially the point about never being able to properly sterilize an endoscope). It's almost certain to cause some damage, and the findings might not lead to any sort of improvement. I would see this as an issue of "don't further compound the problem."

I haven't even donated blood this year, as I have pretty much lost all respect for "Modern Medicine." And that is a very safe procedure, with very clear benefits, for someone like me, who was once iron loaded. In the future, I may engage with nurses and doctors that stood their ground against this tyranny and do medicine by private contract.

Perry Staltic

I don't know what caused your initial stomach/GI problems, but it's quite possible that the colonoscopies aggravated it and extended the time you have dealt with it. And it's quite possible another one would make the situation worse. Roar of Wolverine's story always stuck with me-

Personally, I am never getting one, for the reasons he mentions (especially the point about never being able to properly sterilize an endoscope). It's almost certain to cause some damage, and the findings might not lead to any sort of improvement. I would see this as an issue of "don't further compound the problem."

I haven't even donated blood this year, as I have pretty much lost all respect for "Modern Medicine." And that is a very safe procedure, with very clear benefits, for someone like me, who was once iron loaded. In the future, I may engage with nurses and doctors that stood their ground against this tyranny and do medicine by private contract.

Wow that's tough to read. I'm glad I threw away the free fecal occult blood test that my insurer sent me.

Donttreadonme

Sounds like they would be constantly removing something, like poliyps? I cannot assume they just do it for the sake of just inspection?
I am talking about my wife seeing first time patients getting scoped and seeing doctors penetrate their colons and putting the patient into a poop bag for the rest of their life. It happens more than people talk about.

I had one at 30 when I was having irritable bowel. I am never getting one again.

No one in family every had one and no one ever died of colon cancer. Honestly doctors and the medical industry is BIG BIG business and just because a doctor finds a polyp or a small little tumor doesn't mean you're going to die or that anything needs to be done.

I know its controversial to say this but its true.

My 90 year old relative is going to the doctor for a prostate exam and PSA test!!!! Why??? He's 90!!! If he's got prostate cancer at 90 it wont be the prostate cancer killing him in 5 years.

Perry Staltic

From Wolverine's website

Gustav3Y

I am talking about my wife seeing first time patients getting scoped and seeing doctors penetrate their colons and putting the patient into a poop bag for the rest of their life. It happens more than people talk about.

I had one at 30 when I was having irritable bowel. I am never getting one again.

No one in family every had one and no one ever died of colon cancer. Honestly doctors and the medical industry is BIG BIG business and just because a doctor finds a polyp or a small little tumor doesn't mean you're going to die or that anything needs to be done.

I know its controversial to say this but its true.

My 90 year old relative is going to the doctor for a prostate exam and PSA test!!!! Why??? He's 90!!! If he's got prostate cancer at 90 it wont be the prostate cancer killing him in 5 years.
I understand.
I was just assuming something positive might be going on for the OP, if they had 9 of them, otherwise just doing them for the sake of doing them, I must say I havent heard about it so far.
I heard from some that they had some polyps cut off during the procedure, so not only a statistical procedure but actually having something done at the same time they have found the polyps.

In my family there is one documented case of colon cancer (operated), there might have been others too, or even are at this point.

tankasnowgod

True. And there is the issue of healing in the environment, as well. One of the things mentioned in the blog is that any damage from surgery in the bowel is similar to sticking a wound into raw sewage in order to heal. Even if the surgery could potentially be "beneficial," the realities of healing might make it detrimental.
I think even the inventor of the PSA test said something like this. Prostate Cancer ran in his family, and he was likely to get it at some point, but his plan was to ignore it, as "run out the clock" was going to be his strategy, anyway. Leave it alone or even "wait and monitor" is one of the best options for prostate cancer, even with men in their 60s.

Rasaari

Wasn't aware how dangerous colonoscopy was, very sad story with mr.wolverine. Thankfully he made out alive, but getting a shitbag is one of the biggest scares for me. Just a while ago I had come across the fact that colonoscopes cant be sterilized, which had deterred me from them anyways. Ime colonoscopies are kinda useless, yet the doctors love to do them, just in case.

You can get a lot information with blood and stool tests alone, for example crp and blood panel, calpro, and a stool test, as bacteria (and fungi) drive all the inflammation. Doctors will mostly poison you, and refuse to acknowledge any kind of bacterial connection, unless you have some special bad bacteria, like c.diff or ehec or something. The stool test would be actually quite useful, as a lot of inflammatory conditions like crohns have overgrowth of for example coliforms (e.coli, klebsiella, citrobacter, enterobacter,hafnia...) which can be resistant to many first line antibiotics. Camphosal and oregano oil mixed would be both very safe for reducing bacteria broadly. Many pharma abx are specific and thus can cause dysbiosis and worsening of symptoms unless you really know what youre doing.

Supplementing vitamin d, b1&b3 in high doses, some other deficiencies like A or zinc too. Eliminating all starch is a must.

Nicky

Fecal transplants work very well for c difficile.
Was proved at a hospital in Alberta but main stream medical put a stop to it even though it saved a women's life.
She had donations from a healthy family member and it worked.
Many health issues can be helped with fecal transplants.

Yeah about Wolverine you do not want a colonoscopy done at a clinic, you absolutely want a hospital setting, you know just in case.

NK

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals