Alternative to colonoscopy

iLoveSugar

With my long standing issues of terrible stomach issues, I can't help but to wonder if anything more serious is going on. I have had some many colonoscopies and CT scans in my younger years, that I try everything to never have another.

My breathing issues, blood in bowels, different bowel patterns, etc, worry me though.

I've thought about getting the colorguard test, but I see that they almost always test false positive when people have blood from things such as hemorrhoids.

Are there any great imaging tests to ease my mind?

Xin

Have you done a calprotectin and crp test?
I would do those first before doing a colo

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Last CRP done was in December. Lab (attached) looks ok.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230816_213007_MyChart.jpg
    Screenshot_20230816_213007_MyChart.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 15

jmparret

I just got this book which may help. "Super Gut" William Davis, ME talks about problems with the biome in the digestive system and how it is caused by all the bad bugs we have in our digestive system.

It is a good book and might help.

I will not get another colonoscopy as that procedure could cause many more serious problems than cancer.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Hi @iLoveSugar -- Can't help but wonder from your username whether you consume a lot of sugar. If so, it may be contributing to your GI issues.
I went through years of GAPS/SCD diet and gut issues never got better.

Sure, I ear sugar no but nothing more than probably most here. Sugar in my coffee, sugar in homemade lemonade or homemade goofs, whatever sugar is in ice cream and coke/Pepsi, but that's about it.

Layne

Sure, I ear sugar no but nothing more than probably most here. Sugar in my coffee, sugar in homemade lemonade or homemade goofs, whatever sugar is in ice cream and coke/Pepsi, but that's about it.

You might want to try reducing your sugar consumption to see if it makes a difference. It may sound extreme, given your consumption isn't excessive compared to others. But it "may" be excessive compared to what your body can tolerate. Just a thought. -- All the Best!

gaze

have you ever tried an extreme elimination diet, something like white rice and beef/chicken only?

Bluebell

Re: stomach pain. You mentioned before that you drink a lot of lemonade - how many lemons worth a day? You might find your stomach is sensitive to citrus, and/or the strong acid in lemons in particular. Some people can't tolerate even a small amount of lemon juice without stomach pain. You said before as well that you are taking aspirin every day - that can also cause gastritis in some people and affect the lining of the stomach. The effect of the aspirin can make a reaction to the acid in the lemons even worse.

I've found that low dose naltrexone is incredible for small intestine and bowel issues. There is one study with 75% colitis completely in remission and the other 25% with huge improvement. I've never seen a study that is that persuasive. I've found it has very few or no side effects and has benefits leading me to believe that it is probably a drug that can be taken for life and lead to a much longer life.

Apple

I've found that low dose naltrexone is incredible for small intestine and bowel issues. There is one study with 75% colitis completely in remission and the other 25% with huge improvement. I've never seen a study that is that persuasive. I've found it has very few or no side effects and has benefits leading me to believe that it is probably a drug that can be taken for life and lead to a much longer life.
Naltrexone binds and blocks opioid receptors, and reduces and suppresses opioid cravings.
I like my cravings , why would I want to reduce them ...:D

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Re: stomach pain. You mentioned before that you drink a lot of lemonade - how many lemons worth a day? You might find your stomach is sensitive to citrus, and/or the strong acid in lemons in particular. Some people can't tolerate even a small amount of lemon juice without stomach pain. You said before as well that you are taking aspirin every day - that can also cause gastritis in some people and affect the lining of the stomach. The effect of the aspirin can make a reaction to the acid in the lemons even worse.
I have such bad cfs and pains, that I don't know what else I would take besides Aspirin. I have probably the equivalent to 2 lemons per day.

Kyle970

Any suggestions on where to get ldn? Don't really have open minded med authority nearby unfortunately. Have been researching a lot on ldn, think it sounds practical for my situation. Have also been thinking of bpc157.
Lately I try to alleviate inflammation with curcumin and thc/CBD but it's not nearly enough.

Any suggestions on where to get ldn? Don't really have open minded med authority nearby unfortunately. Have been researching a lot on ldn, think it sounds practical for my situation. Have also been thinking of bpc157.
Lately I try to alleviate inflammation with curcumin and thc/CBD but it's not nearly enough.

You can get it at AllDayChemist.com

It’s much better than BPC157. BPC157 is good, but it needs to be cycled and it isn’t nearly as good as LDN which can be taken steadily.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

You can get it at AllDayChemist.com

It’s much better than BPC157. BPC157 is good, but it needs to be cycled and it isn’t nearly as good as LDN which can be taken steadily.
Looks like only 50mg is available through All Day Chemist?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals