CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm Scared My Paleo Past Gave Me Colon Cancer, Should I Get A Colonoscopy?

Discussion in 'Diet' started by Gadsie, Mar 14, 2019 at 12:17 PM.

1. Gadsie

Gadsie Member

From about 2012 to 2015, I ate so much red meat I'm embarrassed to even talk about it. It was in the 400 grams a day range, mostly ground beef and bacon, in combination with a lot of (high fat) dairy and some fruit. I was 14-17 years old. The past few days I've been having some bowel discomfort, though nothing serious, no visible blood. But it did get me thinking about my paleo past and looking at all the red meat (heme-iron) and cancer correlation. Cancer at my age (almost 22) is very rare statistically speaking, but statistically speaking almost nobody ate so much meat.

Somewhere deep down I know I should get a colonoscopy, but I'm afraid.

2. Dolomite

Dolomite Member

I think it will relieve your fear if you go ahead and get a colonoscopy. Bowel discomfort can come from many things. I doubt the paleo diet for three years would cause cancer. At your age the nutrients were probably put to good use. There is a noninvasive test and I think it is called cologuard that might be a good first step.

3. rei

rei Member

Don't be ridiculous. If you look for excuse to have something shoved up your ass then look into coffee enemas.

4. opson123

opson123 Member

I also doubt eating just 400g a day gave you cancer. 400g is like two steaks? Many people eat way more and have for decades and if they get colon cancer they'd start suffering fom it in their later years.

It's likely something else.

5. OP
    Gadsie

Gadsie Member

Thank you. Do you have any examples of those people? I rarely heard of people eating over a pound of meat for extended periods of time

6. OP
    Gadsie

Gadsie Member

Thanks. I’ll see how my physical symptoms and fear develop over the next week and decide

7. Dolomite

Dolomite Member

I agree with opson123 that people do eat a lot of meat. A contractor once told us he eats 2 lbs of meat daily. I think that is a lot but if you were hungry you needed it.

Think about anything you ate recently that was different. Maybe the gut bacteria is causing it. That is usually my problem.

8. opson123

opson123 Member

A relatively healthy example is someone like Stan Efferding who is a fan of Peat. He basically eats red meat in every meal. You can check his videos on youtube or google 'vertical diet'.