Hypothyroidism

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I don't. I am asking. Would that be a better combo since the cottage cheese lacks calcium?

johns74

I think so.

For the iron, if you're very against bloodletting, I think one can also reduce iron stores with regular aspirin use.

tara

Did you see messtafarian's recent improvements in a severe combination of digestive distress and neurological issues?
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=7806

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Thanks for the pointer on that Tara. My neuro symptoms are what have me bed-ridden. My legs feel so weak and I never feel like I can stand up for more than a minute.

messtafarian

Hey I just want to let you know that since I've had increasing neuro issues I'm headed down a road where it seems I might have had Guillain Barre syndrome starting in November of 2014. Next things I am on cue to investigate are CIDP ( chronic inflammatory myopathy) or MS. When I got to this point I remembered one of your posts from a long time ago when you said you had lost your vision for about a half an hour at one point.

I'm not saying you have anything at all -- or it could very well be hypothyroidism -- but in some neurological conditions the autonomic system is hit too resulting in gastroparesis, constipation for example, muscle weakness, heart rhythm abnormalities and just all manner of odd scary symptoms. If you haven't had these things ruled out and have not had a spinal tap to make sure there are no weird proteins in your spinal fluid, and this does not resolve - that might be something for you to consider. Statistically it takes about seven years to be diagnosed with any of these bad boys and none of them might have been mentioned to you so far.

I'm quite familiar with those kinds of symptoms... god knows I've thought about having each one of those obscure syndromes at some point. The issue is they are just fancy words to say you're screwed :ss which you are not.

messtafarian

I'm not familiar with them. If you had told me a year ago that I'd be doing this, and for this long -- I don't think I would have believed it.

The key is never thinking that you can't escape, as those survival experts say on television. I can only imagine my issues weren't as intense as the ones we talk about here, but I honestly cannot remember in my childhood a point where I could get up quickly without seeing stars. I'm frankly at a loss for suggestions, since "milk, juice and liver" is what actually did the trick and at the same time will gather criticism both by those who think it's too much and those who think it's too little. So make what you want of the fact that there are people who have gotten better, and hopefully you will not consider your illness to be irreconcilably different from their own. I do endorse caffeine powder, coffee or even coffee with salt, as these things have and still fill in the nooks and crannies.

messtafarian

I wouldn't criticize you SS. I think you make a good point. If I believed I would never feel better than I do right now I don't think I could accept being alive, so I just very pragmatically do not believe it.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I totally agree. As worthless as I feel, and lifeless as I lye, one thing that has not left me is hope. As a matter of fact, I know 100% that I can get better. I honestly think some little things are being way overlooked. I've just tried pushing a million buttons, and nothing has rung the bell right. I do know that I keep getting worse, and know trick, vitamin, supplement, drug, or therapy as helped the slightest.

iLoveSugar said:
As a matter of fact, I know 100% that I can get better.

Well there it is you're all set my friend. Isn't it a tremendously powerful, lifting feeling?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Yes, but still feel like death and live in my bed for most of my life. No fun at all.

Well, the internet does bring us places, doesn't it?

HDD

iLoveSugar said:
post 99693 Thanks for the pointer on that Tara. My neuro symptoms are what have me bed-ridden. My legs feel so weak and I never feel like I can stand up for more than a minute.

Years ago, when I woke up in the night unable to walk to the bathroom, I had to scoot using my arms to get there. I took a shower sitting on the floor. I thought about my situation and about others that got around limping/dragging their leg and decided I could try that. I started swimming in a pool frequently to help build strength and prevent muscle atrophy. I completely recovered all function. Years later when my legs became numb and weak again , I used a cane because I felt very unsteady on my feet. I kept moving because I didn't want my lack of use to become part of the problem. Maybe you could try short walks using a cane or some type of support? Maybe outside for some sunshine?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
I

iLoveSugar

Well I am slightly different. I can walk, and run, and do things on pure adrenaline. I even go to the ball field once a week and play. It's very scary, and always under the influences of benzos, but to me, it's better to get out (on them) than live like this. The more I take the benzos, the worse I become. My situation is very unique, and very hard to explain. I just know I am dizzy, depressed, frozen, scared, achy, miserable, nervous, and anxious from sun up till sun down. No let up at all. The ball field my entire life was always my 2nd home. No one could ever keep me off it. Now I dread it. Even in the field when playing, many times I will get pure adrenaline rushes where my heartrate will fly above 150 and I feel like I am going to die. Very very scary.

HDD

Yes, that is very different from my situation.Could you get out and do something physical that would not require the benzo or dread? In your own backyard, for instance? I am just thinking about the benefit of being out in the sun and some physical movement. Even though you love playing ball, it seems to be a huge stress for you right now.

Could you try some poses from Pranarupa's blog?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals