Saga continues...

iLoveSugar

So I have been implementing all the ideas here, still struggling bad. I've been using the MAPS as a primary source of protein, while still trying to get in as much food/nutrients as possible. I'm going to start taking Potassium Gluconate as it's a gaping hole in my diet. I can't find any quality OJ, I don't eat potatoes or bananas.

My worst issues still are as follows:

I'm so nervous, stressed, etc, for no apparent reason; one could literally mistake me for having Parkinsons. I literally shake, tremble, drop stuff, etc.
Offbalanced due to severe brain fog. Temps are tanked also.
Fatigued
Body pains and aches all over.
Frozen extremeties that become very bad with any stress response. This is basically chronic all day.
Neck stiffens and crunches all day.
Insomina terrible at night, but yet can't wake up.
Just terribly lethargic!!!

Nicholas

i'm sorry to hear this. are you still taking thyroid?
also, it's expensive and time-consuming, but can you squeeze your own oranges?

answersfound

iLoveSugar said:
So I have been implementing all the ideas here, still struggling bad. I've been using the MAPS as a primary source of protein, while still trying to get in as much food/nutrients as possible. I'm going to start taking Potassium Gluconate as it's a gaping hole in my diet. I can't find any quality OJ, I don't eat potatoes or bananas.

My worst issues still are as follows:

I'm so nervous, stressed, etc, for no apparent reason; one could literally mistake me for having Parkinsons. I literally shake, tremble, drop stuff, etc.
Offbalanced due to severe brain fog. Temps are tanked also.
Fatigued
Body pains and aches all over.
Frozen extremeties that become very bad with any stress response. This is basically chronic all day.
Neck stiffens and crunches all day.
Insomina terrible at night, but yet can't wake up.
Just terribly lethargic!!!

Clonidine, Cyproheptadine, niacinamide, aspirin....you've tried all of these?

tara

iLoveSugar said:
post 106046 I'm going to start taking Potassium Gluconate as it's a gaping hole in my diet.
May be worth a try - we do need a regular potassium supply. Remember to only take a little at a time. Too much potassium is as dangerous as too little. That's why the supplement tablets are usually only 100mg potassium.
Can't remember if you ever tried the cooked potato juice? Lots of good nutrition (incl. potassium), apparently often more digestible than many other sources of protein, and the keto-acids are valuable.

iLoveSugar said:
post 106046 So I have been implementing all the ideas here, still struggling bad.
Goodness, if you implement all the ideas everyone suggests, you could have a lot of things going on. :lol: Especially given how much contradictory advice we all give you.

Take care

Last edited by a moderator:

Ella

Forum Supporter
Have you explored low blood volume - hypovolemia. If you are not having adequate salt, blood volume is reduced and if you happen to be a particularly tall person, blood may not be reaching the upper part of the torso, heart, neck, head and brain. It is more noticeable when going from a lying down position to standing up. The blood pressure is not able to overcome the pull of gravity. You can check your blood pressure by taking BP reading when lying down and then upon standing. If blood pressure is lower than 10mm Hg with your siastolic reading then this is referred to orthostatic hypotension. Normally blood pressure tends to be on the low side. Potassium will be low, aldosterone will be low. You will feel better when lying down as blood can easily reach the head and brain. The solution is easily fixed by taking more salt. Salt is required to retain fluids, otherwise they go straight through you, leaving you with less blood in circulation. Brain cells will die if they are unable to be nourished by the blood. Symptoms include dizziness, room spinning, nausea, headaches, pain in the neck, fainting. Adrenaline will be high because the body goes into shock. You will have anxiety and panic attacks. Surely, you should be able to cook up a batch of potassium rich vegetables, potatoes, root vegies, strain the liquid add plenty of salt and just drink it. Or as Tara suggested only use potato if you don't have other vegetables on hand or money is an issue. Then gradually add easily digestible foods like lamb, seafood or liver. You can try lying down on an incline with the lower part of your body higher than the upper torso to help get the blood to the head.

Perhaps, this is the reason people development Parkinson's and other neurological conditions, if there isn't adequate blood supply to the brain, then brain cells are being deprived of glucose, oxygen and every other nutrient. I would start with salt and then add everything else after.

tara

Ella said:
post 106064 Surely, you should be able to cook up a batch of potassium rich vegetables, potatoes, root vegies, strain the liquid add plenty of salt and just drink it.
I like this idea.

I know you've been averse to salt, but maybe just trying to gradually increase it you might get used to having a bit more?

Ella

Forum Supporter
How can anyone be adverse to salt unless you have a death wish. I have serious concerns here as you will be facing heart failure if you do not remedy your situation. I would be going to hospital and asking for saline IV.

tara

Ella said:
post 106069 How can anyone be adverse to salt unless you have a death wish. I have serious concerns here as you will be facing heart failure if you do not remedy your situation. I would be going to hospital and asking for saline IV.
I agree that lack of salt can be serious. I know someone who lost function in extreme ways (cognitive function and sudden falls) by not getting around to eating enough salt. Fixed over a few days of slow drip saline in hospital. Maintaining fine since by adding salt to food.
Not all drs take it seriously, as we discovered. Fortunately the hospital did.

ILS, I can't remember if you posted lab results of blood sodium, potassium etc?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Nicholas said:
post 106050 i'm sorry to hear this. are you still taking thyroid?
also, it's expensive and time-consuming, but can you squeeze your own oranges?

I do from time to time, but it literally spoils after a day and is VERY time consuming. Going to eat the juice from oranges, and also supp with the potassium gluconate.

answersfound said:
Clonidine, Cyproheptadine, niacinamide, aspirin....you've tried all of these?
Clonidine no, cypro yes, extensively. Niacinamide, very small doses and I didn't trial it long although I do now take 20-30 drops of the Energin from Haidut that has it in it, and Aspirin I used to take every day, around 1000mg. Now, not so much.

tara said:
post 106062
iLoveSugar said:
post 106046 I'm going to start taking Potassium Gluconate as it's a gaping hole in my diet.
May be worth a try - we do need a regular potassium supply. Remember to only take a little at a time. Too much potassium is as dangerous as too little. That's why the supplement tablets are usually only 100mg potassium.
Can't remember if you ever tried the cooked potato juice? Lots of good nutrition (incl. potassium), apparently often more digestible than many other sources of protein, and the keto-acids are valuable.

iLoveSugar said:
post 106046 So I have been implementing all the ideas here, still struggling bad.
Goodness, if you implement all the ideas everyone suggests, you could have a lot of things going on. :lol: Especially given how much contradictory advice we all give you.

Take care

Thank you. Yes, I will go very slow with potassium. I have not done the potato juice.

Ella said:
post 106064 Have you explored low blood volume - hypovolemia. If you are not having adequate salt, blood volume is reduced and if you happen to be a particularly tall person, blood may not be reaching the upper part of the torso, heart, neck, head and brain. It is more noticeable when going from a lying down position to standing up. The blood pressure is not able to overcome the pull of gravity. You can check your blood pressure by taking BP reading when lying down and then upon standing. If blood pressure is lower than 10mm Hg with your siastolic reading then this is referred to orthostatic hypotension. Normally blood pressure tends to be on the low side. Potassium will be low, aldosterone will be low. You will feel better when lying down as blood can easily reach the head and brain. The solution is easily fixed by taking more salt. Salt is required to retain fluids, otherwise they go straight through you, leaving you with less blood in circulation. Brain cells will die if they are unable to be nourished by the blood. Symptoms include dizziness, room spinning, nausea, headaches, pain in the neck, fainting. Adrenaline will be high because the body goes into shock. You will have anxiety and panic attacks. Surely, you should be able to cook up a batch of potassium rich vegetables, potatoes, root vegies, strain the liquid add plenty of salt and just drink it. Or as Tara suggested only use potato if you don't have other vegetables on hand or money is an issue. Then gradually add easily digestible foods like lamb, seafood or liver. You can try lying down on an incline with the lower part of your body higher than the upper torso to help get the blood to the head.

Perhaps, this is the reason people development Parkinson's and other neurological conditions, if there isn't adequate blood supply to the brain, then brain cells are being deprived of glucose, oxygen and every other nutrient. I would start with salt and then add everything else after.

I'm actually short, 5'6. I have been to neurologists that have done this tests a few times and it seemed OK. I am also needing to up salt. I'm at about a tsp per day right now.

tara said:
post 106070
Ella said:
post 106069 How can anyone be adverse to salt unless you have a death wish. I have serious concerns here as you will be facing heart failure if you do not remedy your situation. I would be going to hospital and asking for saline IV.
I agree that lack of salt can be serious. I know someone who lost function in extreme ways (cognitive function and sudden falls) by not getting around to eating enough salt. Fixed over a few days of slow drip saline in hospital. Maintaining fine since by adding salt to food.
Not all drs take it seriously, as we discovered. Fortunately the hospital did.

ILS, I can't remember if you posted lab results of blood sodium, potassium etc?

My recent labs showed OK. My sodium is always mid range, potassium is usually low-mid. I do understand these tests can be misleading as it doesn't show celluar activity.

answersfound

What about thyroid. I think if you take thyroid for 2 months you should see improvement. Get that tsh under 1. Pth down with calcium from milk, serotonin down with Cyproheptadine, estrogen down with haidut estroban. Prolactin should come down too. And if you are getting adrenaline responses from thyroid, clonidine could help.

YuraCZ

The best way to supplement potassium is potassium chloride mixed with sea salt...

Ella

Forum Supporter
Milk would be good and easy addition (very little preparation) and has plenty of sodium. It can happen to anyone of any height. POTTS which more serious occurs in very tall people and they can blackout even when operating machinery or driving a car which is quite scary. What about salty chicken broth, olives, salty pork rinds, salty corn chips, parmasen cheese, prosuitto (sp?) (salted ham), tomato juice, canned soup is high in sodium. What about potato wedges, fried in coconut oil with lots of salt dunked in sour cream. Hmm, I think I getting hungry. I going to make me some potato wedges with lots of salt served with chopped tomato, cucumber, spanish onion and sour cream served with prawns. What about salted watermelon or watermelon sorbet. What's your blood pressure, temp and pulse? Are you able to get red blood cell analysis of your electrolytes. Do you have tests results for aldosterone and renin? What is your blood glucose levels like? I would check reverse T3 before supplementing. I would be very surprised if it isn't skyhigh.

Nicholas

iLoveSugar said:
post 106071 I do now take 20-30 drops of the Energin from Haidut

you didn't mention if you were taking thyroid, but if you are it could certainly be causing serious problems. in addition, or even by itself, taking B-vitamins (thyroid surrogate) could be adding to/causing problems. If i take even small doses of Energin i get shaky. Of course i'm not speaking to the quality of any product or vitamin, i am only speaking to miscalculating dosage or not needing them at all in your state.

Ella

Forum Supporter
Rather than just supplementing potassium which may cause further imbalances, you might be better off getting something like "hydralyte" from the pharmacy which is an electrolyte replacement formula. This way you are less likely to cause further imbalances. Measuring electrolytes in serum means nothing as the body keeps a very tight range in the blood. If you can ask your GP for a red blood cell or white blood cell analysis, then we get better idea of what is happening in the cell. The problem can be simple as being dehydrated - not enough water + electrolytes or something more serious as diabetes. Not eating adequate and proper meals is one sure way to f**k everything up. Something like hydralyte maybe an easy option if you are not in a state to prepare your own foods. Can you enlist the help of a friend, partner, relative that can stay with you to help prepare meals and drinks for you until you are in are more robust state. Soups, juices, jellies, custards, are easy to digest. It takes time to rebuild digestive strength. If milk and diary is problematic, try taking a digestive enzyme to help with digestion.

D

DavidMarinho

Lyme disease? I had a lot of these issues before testing positive. I've had good results with cat's claw and other herbal tinctures. I like tinctures bc I can increase my dosage very slowly. Treating aggressively was a huge mistake for me.

ravster02

Sounds like you're running on adrenaline.

Your next step should be to try clonidine. Make it a priority. It can be bought from alldaychemist.

tara

ravster02 said:
post 106272 Sounds like you're running on adrenaline.

Your next step should be to try clonidine. Make it a priority. It can be bought from alldaychemist.

Is this along the lines of:
You are running on your emergency power system. Turn it off immediately.
?
If so, isn't important to ensure that the primary power system is working at least somewhat first? Emergency systems are often activated because they are needed, right?

moss

DavidMarinho said:
post 106271 Lyme disease? I had a lot of these issues before testing positive. I've had good results with cat's claw and other herbal tinctures. I like tinctures bc I can increase my dosage very slowly. Treating aggressively was a huge mistake for me.

David this is very interesting.

If you wouldn't mind could you expand on the other herbs you are using and I think you are wise to increase dosage slowly. Do you think Cat's claw is specific for the good results you are having?

Thanks

ravster02

I don't think we can use the backup generator analogy because it's not that black and white when it comes to the body.

Clonidine won't solve everything but it will give some stress relief allowing the body to repair through the ray peat diet.

Clonidine will reduce the adrenaline so the OP isn't freezing cold and anxious all the time. Cyproheptadine and clonidine are similar but cypro seems to target cortisol more while clonidine deals with adrenaline primarily. That's been my experience so far. And it sounds like the OP's issue is adrenaline.

iLoveSugar, if you do decide to take clonidine it's important you continue with the ray peat diet, you'll probably need thyroid too to increase metabolism.

tara

ravster02 said:
post 106294 I don't think we can use the backup generator analogy because it's not that black and white when it comes to the body.
I agree it's not that simple in the complex adaptive human body. But I still think this seems to be a mechanism that people have struck before - reducing stress hormones and then not having the energy to function.

ravster02 said:
post 106294 Clonidine won't solve everything but it will give some stress relief allowing the body to repair through the ray peat diet.
Maybe. But the adrenaline is often a response to other stressors, which may not be relieved by clonidine.

ravster02 said:
post 106294 Clonidine will reduce the adrenaline so the OP isn't freezing cold and anxious all the time.
I think adrenaline can preserve core temps by reducing circulation to skin and extremities?

ravster02 said:
post 106294 Cyproheptadine and clonidine are similar but cypro seems to target cortisol more while clonidine deals with adrenaline primarily. That's been my experience so far. And it sounds like the OP's issue is adrenaline.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if you are right about OP running on adrenaline.
I'm not saying the clonidine is a bad idea or wouldn't help - maybe it would, I don't know. But if trying it, I'd be starting cautiously and watching out for those possible downsides.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals