Hypothyroidism

iLoveSugar

My awful journey of suspected hypothyroidism continues. I have no idea what else it could be, but I have tried every combo of T3 alone, T3/T4, etc. I am just NOT getting any symptom relief. My worst symptoms to date are as follows and keep me pretty much bed ridden. For what it's worth, I am a 30 y/o male.

Severe brain fog
Severe fatigue
Irritable and miserable
A very bad tolerance to humidity and cold
Vertigo
Can't catch a deep breath
Very bad digestion
Bruising that doesn't subside
Chronic herpes virus that never subsides
Pains and aches from any excerice at all, even holding my daughter for a short time hurts me for days
Stiff and cracking neck
A bad tolerance to any laughing, coughing, breathing, etc (it makes me feel faint)
Bad bad anxiety, public makes it worse
Heart palps
Losing my breath
Brittle hair
Bulging veins in my temple that are worse when I feel worse

Desperately looking for help here.

haidut

Forum Supporter
iLoveSugar said:
My awful journey of suspected hypothyroidism continues. I have no idea what else it could be, but I have tried every combo of T3 alone, T3/T4, etc. I am just NOT getting any symptom relief. My worst symptoms to date are as follows and keep me pretty much bed ridden. For what it's worth, I am a 30 y/o male.

Severe brain fog
Severe fatigue
Irritable and miserable
A very bad tolerance to humidity and cold
Vertigo
Can't catch a deep breath
Very bad digestion
Bruising that doesn't subside
Chronic herpes virus that never subsides
Pains and aches from any excerice at all, even holding my daughter for a short time hurts me for days
Stiff and cracking neck
A bad tolerance to any laughing, coughing, breathing, etc (it makes me feel faint)
Bad bad anxiety, public makes it worse
Heart palps
Losing my breath
Brittle hair
Bulging veins in my temple that are worse when I feel worse

Desperately looking for help here.

Welcome back! I wondered what happened to you. I am glad you are hanging in there.
The last time we exchanged messages you mentioned that your oxygenation rate is pretty low as shown by pulsemeter. Giving that and the breathing issues - have you had tests for pH, arterial blood gas, and PaCO2?
Also, have you had blood tests for any of these: ESR, ANA, CRP, LDH, WBC (white blood cells count)?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I had some more severe stress in life and moved back to PA. The oxygen rate seems better. Now trying to raise 2 kids like this is very trying. I'm doing my best, but the above symptoms are awful.

Amazoniac

Why not log your journey in just one thread instead of scattering the (valuable) information all over the forum? Maybe it would be easier to find patterns and notice what improves and what makes your situation worse. Would also be easier for those who are trying to help, to find more about you..

haidut

Forum Supporter
iLoveSugar said:
WBC seems to be the only above I have had tested.

OK, you can PM me the WBC if you want and if you don't to post in the open the forum.
As far as the other tests, the pH, CO2(bicarbonate) and arterial gas test, etc are related to the breathing issues you are having and the faintness. The rest are more general. Some are markers of inflammation, others of tissue damage and hypoxia, and one is a potential marker of autoimmunity. They are not very specific but are sensitive and if there is something wrong they can point to a direction for further testing. Of course, ask your doctor what he/she thinks about them and if he/she thinks there is any value in doing them.

johns74

Have you tested ferritin and transferrin saturation, to investigate excessive iron stores?

johns74

Amazoniac said:
Why not log your journey in just one thread instead of scattering the (valuable) information all over the forum? Maybe it would be easier to find patterns and notice what improves and what makes your situation worse. Would also be easier for those who are trying to help, to find more about you..

Or maybe one could use the search function? Separating the information according to the type can be useful.

Amazoniac

johns74 said:
Amazoniac said:

Or maybe one could use the search function? Separating the information according to the type can be useful.

I highly doubt that people will gather his information available all over the forum to help him out. And for him, it's just going to be harder to draw conclusions..

johns74

If people want to help him, I think it's easier if they have the information separated. If you read something and want to go back, you can remember the thread. If it's just one giant thread, it will be a lot more difficult to go back and locate information.

One doesn't really have to "go all over the forum". Just click on his name and then 'search posts'. That looks exactly just like the one giant thread you want, because all his posts are there.

johns74

Amazoniac said:
It's more difficult to link one aspect with the other this way and realize what has improved and what not. It's just my opinion..

It's just my opinion too. If I see one giant thread I just don't read it.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Carbon Dioxide(CO2) 22 - 32 mmol/L (30)

Urea Nitrogen 7 - 24 mg/dL (14)

WBC 3.8 - 10.6 K/uL 10.1
RBC 4.20 - 5.60 M/uL 5.28
Hgb 12.9 - 16.7 g/dL 16.4
Hematocrit(HCT) 37.0 - 46.0 % 48.6 H
MCV 80.0 - 94.0 fL 92.1

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I just feel constantly stressed, with severe brain fog, and standing still is when my symptoms are worst. My intestinal tract is also always in bad shape. It's hard to go to the bathroom, and for that matter, I can barely ever get gas out. Everything just stays trapped.

haidut

Forum Supporter
iLoveSugar said:
Carbon Dioxide(CO2) 22 - 32 mmol/L (30)

Urea Nitrogen 7 - 24 mg/dL (14)

WBC 3.8 - 10.6 K/uL 10.1
RBC 4.20 - 5.60 M/uL 5.28
Hgb 12.9 - 16.7 g/dL 16.4
Hematocrit(HCT) 37.0 - 46.0 % 48.6 H
MCV 80.0 - 94.0 fL 92.1

Has a doctor seen these results??? Your hematocrit is high and your hemoglobin is high-normal. Your RBC are still normal but I would not be surprised if they eventually rise too. This could mean a number of things, among them a condition called "polycythemia vera", an adaptive response to hypoxia, or even iron deficiency. I would strongly back the other suggestion from "john" to test for ferritin, transferrin, serum iron and iron saturation index just to rule some other things out. I would also certainly ask for ESR test since it relates to RBC and polycythemia.
Of course, none of this should be taken as a diagnosis! Only your doctor can make these decisions, so please defer to him/her.
Anyways, I think you have some talking to do with your doctor. They may send you to see a hematologist to run some more sophisticated blood tests and look at the shape of cells, etc.
Just my 2c.

messtafarian

:) Hey there. I've been thinking about you lately too. I was just wondering if you've had any recent ( within the past couple years) vaccinations, shots, or fancy pharma like the newer blood pressure meds, statins, etc?

I'm just shooting into the dark here now and aside from thyroid issues, I am wondering if you've had additional bloodwork done involving your kidneys. Muscle weakness like what you're describing might have to do with your salt balance; potassium especially. Should be on your basic metabolic panel. Regardless of clinical ranges, anything hovering near 4 is low.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

haidut said:
Has a doctor seen these results??? Your hematocrit is high and your hemoglobin is high-normal. Your RBC are still normal but I would not be surprised if they eventually rise too. This could mean a number of things, among them a condition called "polycythemia vera", an adaptive response to hypoxia, or even iron deficiency. I would strongly back the other suggestion from "john" to test for ferritin, transferrin, serum iron and iron saturation index just to rule some other things out. I would also certainly ask for ESR test since it relates to RBC and polycythemia.
Of course, none of this should be taken as a diagnosis! Only your doctor can make these decisions, so please defer to him/her.
Anyways, I think you have some talking to do with your doctor. They may send you to see a hematologist to run some more sophisticated blood tests and look at the shape of cells, etc.
Just my 2c.

Well I was at the hospital so they reviewed them, then they were sent to my doc to review also and they didn't seem to think there was any issue.

Ferritin, Serum004598 206 30-400 ng/mL

OP
I

iLoveSugar

messtafarian said:
:) Hey there. I've been thinking about you lately too. I was just wondering if you've had any recent ( within the past couple years) vaccinations, shots, or fancy pharma like the newer blood pressure meds, statins, etc?

I'm just shooting into the dark here now and aside from thyroid issues, I am wondering if you've had additional bloodwork done involving your kidneys. Muscle weakness like what you're describing might have to do with your salt balance; potassium especially. Should be on your basic metabolic panel. Regardless of clinical ranges, anything hovering near 4 is low.

Thanks for looking after me. I haven't been vaccinated since I was a kid. I've also never had any of the other things you mentioned.

Sodium(Na) 136 - 144 mmol/L 141
Potassium(K) 3.5 - 4.9 mmol/L 3.7
Chloride(Cl) 98 - 109 mmol/L 104
Carbon Dioxide(CO2) 22 - 32 mmol/L 30
Urea Nitrogen 7 - 24 mg/dL 14
Glucose 69 - 100 mg/dL 95
Creatinine 0.70 - 1.30 mg/dL 0.78
Calcium(Ca) 8.5 - 10.1 mg/dL 8.9
Alkaline Phosphatase 46 - 128 U/L 80
Total Bilirubin 0.1 - 1.4 mg/dL 0.3
Total Protein 6.4 - 8.2 g/dL 7.9
Albumin 3.5 - 4.8 g/dL 4.6
Aspartate Aminot.(AST) 10 - 40 U/L 22
Alanine Aminotrans(ALT) 25 - 75 U/L 52
ANION GAP 7 - 15 mEq/L 11
Albumin:Globulin Ratio (SPE) 1.4
BUN/CREATININE RATIO 18
CALCULATED OSMOLALITY 281 - 307 mOsm/kg 292

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I do have daily headaches, fatigue and brain fog that are helped by absolutely nothing.

johns74

iLoveSugar said:
Ferritin, Serum004598 206 30-400 ng/mL

I believe this is the problem. Mercola is actually good on this issue. He suggests it should be "not a lot higher than 80" (maybe not literally his exact words).

When people get above 200 they often get a lot of symptoms.

Pheblotomy, bloodletting, or blood donation could help, but it takes a few weeks to feel the effects.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals