I'd Like To Increase Blood Volume/ENOS

yerrag

@Ron J To increase ENOS, you also have to consider what is causing for ENOS to be low. Perhaps there is infection and inflammation that is causing resources for making ENOS to be diverted to iNOS.

yerrag

@Ron J Why do you want to increase blood volume or increase ENOS?

OP
R

Ron J

@yerrag
I'm very vascular, so I assume that my NO is good, but my hands and feet get cold. It's likely from adrenaline, but if increasing blood volume/eNOS can solve this, then I wont have to increase calories/stop any stimulants that may be causing an adrenaline spike.

yerrag

@yerrag
I'm very vascular, so I assume that my NO is good, but my hands and feet get cold. It's likely from adrenaline, but if increasing blood volume/eNOS can solve this, then I wont have to increase calories/stop any stimulants that may be causing an adrenaline spike.
What do you mean by being very vascular? Is it veins bulging out?

OP
R

Ron J

What do you mean by being very vascular? Is it veins bulging out?
My body fat is on the low side, and judging by the amount of prominent veins, my NO should be fine. But I'd like to warm up my hands & feet by either increasing eNOS more or blood volume.

yerrag

My body fat is on the low side, and judging by the amount of prominent veins, my NO should be fine.
I've got prominent veins myself (the phlebotomist says it's scary haha). But I have high blood pressure, and my guess is that it's the pressure causing my veins to bulge. But you make no mention of high blood pressure, so I assume that isn't your case. But I believe I have low ENOS, as I believe its substrates are used up by iNOS.

But I'd like to warm up my hands & feet by either increasing eNOS more or blood volume.

I have no problem with cold hands and feet though, despite my high blood pressure/low ENOS. And despite low blood volume. My high blood pressure ensures there's enough blood going on despite the low blood volume. How your thyroid and blood pressure condition?

OP
R

Ron J

I've never done any bloodwork. I haven't made it a habit to check pulse/temps.
I plan to stop using NDT; perhaps that may be enough.

yerrag

I've never done any bloodwork. I haven't made it a habit to check pulse/temps.
I plan to stop using NDT; perhaps that may be enough.
So you just shake hands with people and you know the feeling of their warm hands lets you know you have cold hands?

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't know how to fix myself on feel alone.

redsun

My body fat is on the low side, and judging by the amount of prominent veins, my NO should be fine. But I'd like to warm up my hands & feet by either increasing eNOS more or blood volume.

If your veins stuck out in the hands and feet then they would not be cold. I assume you have more vascularity up the arm but then your cold extremities lose vascularity? Adrenaline can make extremities cold. Perhaps give niacinamide with food a try which should lower adrenaline. If it is adrenaline and you lower it your hands and feet should warm up quickly. Anything that forces metabolism up (even NDT) can raise adrenaline. It depends on the person. So stimulants like caffeine can also do this.

OP
R

Ron J

@yerrag
I've monitored temperatures before, but not for long. My body temperature seemed to be fine, but my hands and feet usually aren't. Hands and feet feel cold, even when I don't press them against the rest of my body.
@redsun When my hands are warm I can see veins all the way to my fingers, and judging by the back of my hands, there isn't a decrease in veins from my forearms to hands.

yerrag

Adrenaline can make extremities cold.
How does adrenaline make the extremities cold? I'd like to understand this.

mangoes

Vasoconstriction of the extremities I believe, this was always the impression I was under, but I read on a thread on here that adrenaline can be thermogenic?? So I’m not sure really and would like clarification too

redsun

Adrenaline causes constriction of veins and draws more blood to more essential organs for survival. Its effects depend on which receptors it binds to as well.

Vasoconstriction of the extremities I believe, this was always the impression I was under, but I read on a thread on here that adrenaline can be thermogenic?? So I’m not sure really and would like clarification too

Of course it can be. It increases metabolism through increased sympathetic nervous system activity. Doesnt mean you can't get vasoconstriction.

yerrag

Adrenaline causes constriction of veins and draws more blood to more essential organs for survival.
Yes, but it doesn't happen all the time that way imho. In normal times, adrenaline just tells the body to produce glucose from glycogen, and if there's no glycogen, with cortisol, to convert amino acids to glucose.

In emergency situations, such as to prevent hypothermia, adrenaline does as you said.

redsun

Yes, but it doesn't happen all the time that way imho. In normal times, adrenaline just tells the body to produce glucose from glycogen, and if there's no glycogen, with cortisol, to convert amino acids to glucose.

In emergency situations, such as to prevent hypothermia, adrenaline does as you said.

Yes I didnt mean to make it sound like that is what it does all the time. It isn't that simple. I used to get cold extremities all the time if I were to skip a meal or wait too long to eat, then when I took some things now I never do even if I don't eat for awhile so as a whole it leads me to believe I have much better temperature regulation now. My experience may be adrenaline related not sure.

lampofred

Increased blood volume might be associated with increased eNOS but I doubt that increasing eNOS (by just taking arginine) will increase blood volume.

yerrag

Yes I didnt mean to make it sound like that is what it does all the time. It isn't that simple. I used to get cold extremities all the time if I were to skip a meal or wait too long to eat, then when I took some things now I never do even if I don't eat for awhile so as a whole it leads me to believe I have much better temperature regulation now. My experience may be adrenaline related not sure.
It's good that you had improved and can skip a meal. I used to not last longer than 3 hours without food. In my case my blood sugar regulation improved a lot that my blood sugar stays at around 85 throughout the day except after meals when it shoots up. Adrenaline plays a huge part in making my blood sugar stable. Not to say you're wrong, but I just have an understanding of adrenaline limited to my experience and I haven't experienced it causing cold extremities in normal situations.

Last edited:
OP
R

Ron J

Increased blood volume might be associated with increased eNOS but I doubt that increasing eNOS (by just taking arginine) will increase blood volume.
Have you tried arginine? If so, was the NO increase significant?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals