I still tested highly positive for glyphosate in urine after 6 days of a strict organic-only diet

tastyfood

I live in California. I ran a short experiment where I stayed on a strictly organic diet for 6 days before sending a urine sample to the company Mosaic Diagnostics (fka Great Plains Lab). Glyphosate is meant to have a short elimination half life, so I assumed the 5 days would be enough to test the effect on the organic foods I ate on glyphosate level.

Despite only eating strictly organic everything (even the honey was organic), my urine sample was in the 75th percentile from the lab for glyphosate levels (1.7 ug/g of creatinine).

This stuff truly is unavoidable huh?

Curious to hear everyone's experience.

fevronia

I wonder what the result would be on a non-organic equivalent diet. I hope we are not being totally duped paying for organic everything while still taking on a heavy glyphosate load.
Small town, local farmers are so important.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

I wonder what the result would be on a non-organic equivalent diet. I hope we are not being totally duped paying for organic everything while still taking on a heavy glyphosate load.
Small town, local farmers are so important.

I had tested without being so strict about what I was eating prior to peeing on the cup, and the result was slightly lower than this one. You just never know.

Validus

I live in California. I ran a short experiment where I stayed on a strictly organic diet for 6 days before sending a urine sample to the company Mosaic Diagnostics (fka Great Plains Lab). Glyphosate is meant to have a short elimination half life, so I assumed the 5 days would be enough to test the effect on the organic foods I ate on glyphosate level.

Despite only eating strictly organic everything (even the honey was organic), my urine sample was in the 75th percentile from the lab for glyphosate levels (1.7 ug/g of creatinine).

This stuff truly is unavoidable huh?

Curious to hear everyone's experience.
Have you considered contamination in your water - drinking and showering?

It's possible there could be high levels in your water. Do you have a reverse osmosis system that re-adds minerals after filtration?

If water glyphosate levels are incredibly high, it's possible to get dosed when you shower. Very few people consider how much we absorb through our skin, or as an aerosol that we breathe in while we shower. I'd say this is the least likely and more likely your drinking water.

Forever chemicals (PFAS) are likely to be significantly more problematic than glyphosate, but less known.

I also know that unfortunately, organic pesticides exist and are used on organic foods...

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Maybe it takes the body a while to get it all out? It could just be higher because it’s being released from your tissues. I really don’t know though and I’m just speculating.

Elie

Forum Supporter
Maybe it takes the body a while to get it all out? It could just be higher because it’s being released from your tissues. I really don’t know though and I’m just speculating.
Exactly. he is still likely excreting it. I wonder how long it could take.
@tastyfood where did you get the test from? I am assuming it is an at home test?

frannybananny

It's possible there could be high levels in your water. Do you have a reverse osmosis system that re-adds minerals after filtration?

If water glyphosate levels are incredibly high, it's possible to get dosed when you shower. Very few people consider how much we absorb through our skin, or as an aerosol that we breathe in while we shower. I'd say this is the least likely and more likely your drinking water.

Forever chemicals (PFAS) are likely to be significantly more problematic than glyphosate, but less known.

I also know that unfortunately, organic pesticides exist and are used on organic foods...
Disturbing. I guess the only way to avoid this is to filter all water and grow your own food! Even then you better make sure you're not downwind of a farm or neighbors that use glyphosate. I live in a mostly rural area in the St Monica Mts and I still hear of neighbors using Roundup!

Waynish

I doubt the test only tests positive for glyphosate. But do use glycine and gelatin during a glyphosate detox.

lvysaur

I had tested without being so strict about what I was eating prior to peeing on the cup, and the result was slightly lower than this one. You just never know.
How much time passed between the tests?

And what's your water situation like? Do you filter, or reverse osmose, or just drink tap, or something else?

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Yes, I'm leaning towards this being the case. I think one would need to stick to the same set of foods for months to get an accurate picture of what caused the increase in glyphosate.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

How much time passed between the tests?

And what's your water situation like? Do you filter, or reverse osmose, or just drink tap, or something else?

The previous test was in July. This one was taken in mid-September.

I need to review the local water report. I use the filter from the company ClearlyFiltered.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Disturbing. I guess the only way to avoid this is to filter all water and grow your own food! Even then you better make sure you're not downwind of a farm or neighbors that use glyphosate. I live in a mostly rural area in the St Monica Mts and I still hear of neighbors using Roundup!

Yes, this is one of the reasons why organic may not be completely safe either. The crops could be traveling from one place to another with the wind.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

I have to check the local water report. Good point.

Hidden49

I developed a strong sensitivity to glyphosate when I had bad Vitamin A toxicity so I could tell which foods had glyphosate and which didn't. What I found is a lot of the organic grains made in the UK had glyphosate and I felt bad from all of them, but if I got imported organic grain products from EU countries such as France, Nordic countries etc then I didn't feel bad. It was also the same with the UK grown organic fruit and veg in the supermarkets here I didn't feel good from them either but changing to ones that came from france or other EU countries I felt fine from.

I will also mention this the Now foods organic oats which are made in the US I felt the absolute worst from compared to the UK ones which still weren't good so I think America is probably the worst country for glyphosate foods even if you're buying organic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals