I Have Knocked Knees

DaveFoster

Orange you glad I didn't say banana
latest

HDD

how do I fix this?
The mucousy materials that are overproduced can also cause blood vessel inefficiency and rigidity, and contributes to things like varicose veins. When this material gets in the joints, it causes cartilage deformities. The old textbooks used to show teenagers with deformed joints that caused the same deviation of the bones -- at the elbow joint especially, and the knee joint especially, with knock knees for example -- but in old people you see the fingers deviating to one side, because the cartilage is getting deformed.

The right balance of thyroid and the youth associated hormones -- progesterone and pregnenolone, and to some extent, DHEA -- will rebalance the production of these mucous-like molecules -- the glycoproteins and mucopolysaccharides, they're called
-- and in just a week or two, you can often correct the deformity in a permanent way, so that the joint functions without pain or distortion.
The Thyroid, 1996, Gary Null Radio Show

noordinary

@seraphim it depends... there are different tiers (for no better word) of knocked knees.
1. mechanical way: do not do any corrective exercises or go to ordinary PT or do glute med. strengthening exercises, waste of time.
- you could look for DNS (Dynamic NeuroMuscular Stabilization by Kolar) chiro or PT (usually chiro) and book an appointment and see what s/he has to say
Home
- you could look for PRI (Posture Restoration Institute) chiro or PT (usually chiro) and book an appointment and see what s/he has to say
PRI | Home
both those systems are great
2. biochemical way: improving your metabolism and waiting for the structural changes to come as a bonus.
#2 what happened to me: I did not have knees problems though, i had this slight internally rotated shoulders like in kyphosis, from, what i thought, sitting long hours at my computer cause i'm a tech-girl, and I somewhat athletic, i tried "stretch this strengthen that" and it never worked. But as I started transitioning to "peating" overtime it just changed by itself. Now my shoulders are in place with no effort on my side whatsoever.
Good luck!

Lecarpetron

Rotating the thigh bones/knees inward serves as a compensation for other structural issues. The cascade of poor posture starts with forward head posture (to open the airway, compensating for jaw problems), which affects the spine, then the pelvis, knees, and last in the chain, the arches flatten.

I temporarily fixed my knock knees with a few Rolfing sessions. The shift stuck for a few days...for a more permanent fix, the therapist suggested reading books/exercises on biomechanics by Paul Egoscue, Katy Bowman, and Esther Gokhale.

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

Rotating the thigh bones/knees inward serves as a compensation for other structural issues. The cascade of poor posture starts with forward head posture (to open the airway, compensating for jaw problems), which affects the spine, then the pelvis, knees, and last in the chain, the arches flatten.

I temporarily fixed my knock knees with a few Rolfing sessions. The shift stuck for a few days...for a more permanent fix, the therapist suggested reading books/exercises on biomechanics by Paul Egoscue, Katy Bowman, and Esther Gokhale.
I did ten
@seraphim it depends... there are different tiers (for no better word) of knocked knees.
1. mechanical way: do not do any corrective exercises or go to ordinary PT or do glute med. strengthening exercises, waste of time.
- you could look for DNS (Dynamic NeuroMuscular Stabilization by Kolar) chiro or PT (usually chiro) and book an appointment and see what s/he has to say
Home
- you could look for PRI (Posture Restoration Institute) chiro or PT (usually chiro) and book an appointment and see what s/he has to say
PRI | Home
both those systems are great
2. biochemical way: improving your metabolism and waiting for the structural changes to come as a bonus.
#2 what happened to me: I did not have knees problems though, i had this slight internally rotated shoulders like in kyphosis, from, what i thought, sitting long hours at my computer cause i'm a tech-girl, and I somewhat athletic, i tried "stretch this strengthen that" and it never worked. But as I started transitioning to "peating" overtime it just changed by itself. Now my shoulders are in place with no effort on my side whatsoever.
Good luck!
that's interesting thanks for all the advice. I've noticed my shoulders are less internally rotated too and I hold my chest up higher rather than slouching, but the knees are pretty rotated. Will check out the lists of practitioners.

HDD

@seraphim Are you hypothyroid? Iirc, @jag2594 reversed his flat feet with thyroid and so has my son.

"Thyroid activates the conversion of cholesterol to the steroids pregnenolone, DHEA, and progesterone, and those are important stabilizers of the connective tissues, as well as the nerves. (If thyroid is chronically low, cartilage is easily deformed, and ligaments are likely to be loose.)"

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

@seraphim Are you hypothyroid? Iirc, @jag2594 reversed his flat feet with thyroid and so has my son.

"Thyroid activates the conversion of cholesterol to the steroids pregnenolone, DHEA, and progesterone, and those are important stabilizers of the connective tissues, as well as the nerves. (If thyroid is chronically low, cartilage is easily deformed, and ligaments are likely to be loose.)"
Probably but I've been hesitant to self experiment with thyroid because I was hoping my thyroid function would just improve in its own by making changes

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals