8 Days without coffee for joint pain,results so far

清貴杉山

Well as the title says,i read a thread the other day here by @Twohandsondeck about how coffee can stiff the joints to some degree,and iv been dealing with some left knee stifness/pain and i wanted to give it a shot,at the same time i quited coffee i was alredy doing some knees over toes guy exercices like tibia raises, sledge drag and so on,so i cant say 100% that quitting coffee made me fix this, now i have zero issues whatsoever, i will try to reintroduce coffee to see if that was really the origin of my stiffness.

Well as the title says,i read a thread the other day here by @Twohandsondeck about how coffee can stiff the joints to some degree,and iv been dealing with some left knee stifness/pain and i wanted to give it a shot,at the same time i quited coffee i was alredy doing some knees over toes guy exercices like tibia raises, sledge drag and so on,so i cant say 100% that quitting coffee made me fix this, now i have zero issues whatsoever, i will try to reintroduce coffee to see if that was really the origin of my stiffness.
Are you drinking organic coffee? Coffee is one of the most pesticide laden foods.

清貴杉山

Are you drinking organic coffee? Coffee is one of the most pesticide laden foods.
i dont eat anything organic,first because in my third world country its barely a thing,and second if you find something organic its literally twice the price,so no

i dont eat anything organic,first because in my third world country its barely a thing,and second if you find something organic its literally twice the price,so no
Ohhh shoot. I am wondering if your pain is from all the toxins in the inorganic coffee and not the coffee itself.

清貴杉山

Ohhh shoot. I am wondering if your pain is from all the toxins in the inorganic coffee and not the coffee itself.
now that i think tho i was kinda overdoing it,i was drinking 3 4 cups of black coffee daily,the filtered one,but not im just drinking tea and yerba mate

now that i think tho i was kinda overdoing it,i was drinking 3 4 cups of black coffee daily,the filtered one,but not im just drinking tea and yerba mate
Well I wouldn’t go back to that particular coffee if your pain went away without it. You are gonna have to find an organic one to be sure that it is the coffee and not the abundance of toxic pesticides.

Awesome!

GTW

I am sympathetic to Organic everything. However, I read that coffee roasting temperatures degrade any and all pesticide residues. Do Organic coffee for the sake of coffee farmers.

I am sympathetic to Organic everything. However, I read that coffee roasting temperatures degrade any and all pesticide residues. Do Organic coffee for the sake of coffee farmers.
Then why are we bothering to worry about anything in our food if all we have to do is cook it?

“Coffee is one of the most chemically treated crops, with some estimates stating every acre of coffee gets treated with 250 pounds of agricultural chemicals.

After you go wipe off your shirt from the coffee you just spit out, here’s a slightly reassuring stat to ease your panic.

Some published studies show that roasting coffee seems to decrease toxins by about 85 percent, but many others believe that the chemicals aren’t “cooked off” while roasting coffee beans, but rather “cooked into” the beans.

Even if the studies are accurate, that’s still 15 percent of detrimental toxins that remain are still high enough to encourage buying organic coffee beans to avoid chemical exposure.”

“You might want to hear this news about your decaf, but you need to.

Conventional decaffeinated coffee is processed using a number of chemicals, some of which have been shown to be carcinogenic.

Unfortunately, decaf coffee has been found to contain higher levels of toxins, including aflatoxin and ochratoxin, than caffeinated versions.

These toxins – aflatoxin and ochratoxin- can cause cell mutation and organ toxicity in humans.“

“Mycotoxins are molds that can grow on coffee beans, particularly when they are improperly processed.

One such toxin, ochratoxin, has been shown to cause cell mutation and even death of neuron cells in humans. This is a good reason to avoid dry-processed coffee because mechanical and wet-processed coffees have fewer mycotoxins.

Dave Asprey has brought mainstream attention to the problem of mycotoxins (mold toxins) in coffee. As he explains:

“Mycotoxins are damaging compounds created by molds which grow on coffee beans (among other things). These compounds cause all sorts of health problems like cardiomyopathy, cancer, hypertension, kidney disease, and even brain damage. They also make your coffee taste bitter, like it needs sugar.”

He goes on to explain that not all coffee has this problems but that the source of your coffee is important:

“Blends” of coffee are bad news because they mix cheap beans from multiple areas, almost guaranteeing that you’ll get some moldy ones. This is why its important to buy your coffee from a single estate, as outlined in the process for finding the highest performance coffee in your city. If you drink mass market coffee, the beans in your grinder may come from several countries. It’s the same logic that tells you not to eat a hamburger made from the meat of 10,000 animals.”

GTW

Pesticide residues, mycotoxins, Organic vs conventional, all may be related at some levels but not congruent. Add terpenes/terpenoids to the mix. Also acrylamide! The bottom line is how each person is affected.

清貴杉山

i never fell for the organic whole honestly,its a first world preocupation honestly. im just as good with mate and tea so ,maybe i treat coffee as a treat

“The use of extremely toxic pesticides has affected both the crops and the sensitivity of the human population to allergens. Sensitivities induced originally by toxic pesticides used on certain crops can probably persist after the industrial chemical has been eliminated, because the immune system is susceptible to “conditioning.” -Ray Peat

“Insecticide exposure has been suspected to be a factor in the increased incidence of Alzheimer's disease (Zaganas, et al., 2013), but it could be contributing to many other problems, involving inflammation, edema, and degeneration. Another important source of organophosphate poisoning is the air used to pressurize airliners, which can be contaminated with organophosphate fumes coming from the engine used to compress it.” -Ray Peat

"For me, the significance of his experiment was that plants contain natural pesticides that should be taken more seriously, without taking industrial toxins less seriously." -Ray Peat

Despite the presence of all the required nutrients, that would be adequate for someone with a generally supportive environment, a 'good' diet won’t necessarily be adequate for someone with a problematic environment, or a history of stressful experiences." Raymond Peat (2019)⠀

GTW

It's all good information to consider but nothing compelling. The bottom line here is joint pain. Obviously you won't find a study with your joint pain as as endpoint. Or even a population study with joint pain as an endpoint as a function of coffee.
The fact that many micronutrients considered healthy are plant endogenous pesticides is an undeniable fact. One species' meat is another's poison has been recognized for centuries.

The inherent defense mechanism of the coffee cherry seed is what provides the stress reaction which triggers the biological reaction of increased metabolism, mental alertness, etc.

It's quite a strange thing to take the seed of a fruit, roast it with fire, wash it with water, and then drink the water that falls off of that already-processed product.

Organic labeling in the United States is quite a racket and... while it carries some significance towards providing a cleaner product, the legally allowed array of pesticides that allow a product to still be "organic" are certainly still interfering with the biological processes of the plant. Like with everything, as long as individually allowed compounds don't exceed certain percentage thresholds in any given "organic" fertilizer or pesticide, then it's given a legal pass. The materials of "organic" things may still contain a content of compounds derived from the oil and pharmaceutical industries.

Might be better to just be diligent in washing stuff with baking soda, vinegar, salt, lemon juice, etc to help prevent most pesticide problems.

As a final thought... If coffee consumption were a religion, I think it would be housed on this forum, lol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom