Pop!ing Knees And Squats

Hanzo

My knees have been popping regardless of exercise for years. they go literally pop! with no pain or cause. I can be sitting or after waking up and they are extra noisy. When i do squats during and after they are not as much. What is the cause of this? should i stop squatting? Is my cartilage down there spent this early on in life?

Zigzag

I think you should visit a doc. My knees have been popping literally my entire life, it was all cool and painless until like a year ago. Now I have to wait to get a surgery done to remove overgrown synovial membrane. It hurts 24/7.

OP
H

Hanzo

Thanks for the responses!!

My knees crack usually after inactivity they never follow pain. I always squat with great form i go below the hip not sure if i should stop this as i have heard its bad for the knees.

Recoen

Do you do joint articulations? If you listen to some Olympic weightlifters (actual) they talk about doing these daily to “lubricate” their joints. It could be an impingement too.

Cristiano6180

I recommend you start assessing your ankles hips and knees, independently. Knee's very often bear the brunt of ankles and hips that aren't doing a good job.