Questions On Gelatine And Hyaluronic Acid

pauljacob

Question one:
I'm vegetarian, and I eat eggs, milk, cheese, and Gelatine. Because I don't eat meat, I also don't take bone broth, which I need for knees and joint health. My question is does Gelatine contain sufficient amount of hyaluronic acid and other nutrients needed for my knees and joints?

Question two: I dissolve Gelatine in water and take it along with ascorbic acid, zinc, and Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM tablets. Is this method OK, or do I need to make Gelatine cubes and take that with the other pills?

Francisco

Question one:
I'm vegetarian, and I eat eggs, milk, cheese, and Gelatine. Because I don't eat meat, I also don't take bone broth, which I need for knees and joint health. My question is does Gelatine contain sufficient amount of hyaluronic acid and other nutrients needed for my knees and joints?

Question two: I dissolve Gelatine in water and take it along with ascorbic acid, zinc, and Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM tablets. Is this method OK, or do I need to make Gelatine cubes and take that with the other pills?

Isn’t gelatine non-vegetarian tho?...

OP
pauljacob

pauljacob

Isn’t gelatine non-vegetarian tho?...
Yes, but I did explain in the first line of my post that I'm not a strict vegetarian and I do eat non-vegetarian food such as eggs, milk, etc. You're confusing me with a Vegan who doesn't eat any animal products.

belcanto

Gelatin does not contain hyaluronic acid; this link lists food sources of it, but I don't advise consuming #2! Hyaluronic Acid: A Healthy Sugar for Your Skin | Skin Associates of South Florida

However you get your gelatin is fine! I myself like to use collagen in my oatmeal or in coffee; you could put regular gelatin in hot coffee so it dissolves, but don't overdo it or it'll taste like gelatin, heh. The funnest way is to make gummies or some other tasty foods: All Recipes

Best of health to you.

OP
pauljacob

pauljacob

Gelatin does not contain hyaluronic acid; this link lists food sources of it, but I don't advise consuming #2! Hyaluronic Acid: A Healthy Sugar for Your Skin | Skin Associates of South Florida

However you get your gelatin is fine! I myself like to use collagen in my oatmeal or in coffee; you could put regular gelatin in hot coffee so it dissolves, but don't overdo it or it'll taste like gelatin, heh. The funnest way is to make gummies or some other tasty foods: All Recipes

Best of health to you.
Thank you belcanto for your reply and links. Good sources for HA from Skin Associates. Much appreciated.

Kingpinguin

Yes, but I did explain in the first line of my post that I'm not a strict vegetarian and I do eat non-vegetarian food such as eggs, milk, etc. You're confusing me with a Vegan who doesn't eat any animal products.

Thought vegetarianism was about not killing living animals. Consuming milk and eggs are not hurting any animal. Eggs are not even fertilized. To make gelatine an animal has to die? No critique. I don’t care about your lifestyle choices. Just curious why your ”losely vegetarian” in the first place? Is it for health reasons or for other unknown reasons?

OP
pauljacob

pauljacob

Thought vegetarianism was about not killing living animals. Consuming milk and eggs are not hurting any animal. Eggs are not even fertilized. To make gelatine an animal has to die? No critique. I don’t care about your lifestyle choices. Just curious why your ”losely vegetarian” in the first place? Is it for health reasons or for other unknown reasons?
I rejected meat since I was a baby. My mother told me I spat the meat she tried to feed me. But I grew up eating eggs and milk products, and I continue to do so mainly for the protein. I'm upset that soy feed has contaminated egg yolks, but I still eat them, not only for the protein, but for the eye nutrients in them, even though the stench of eggs nauseates me.

ExCarniv

Best of health to you.

Potatoes, carrots, citrus, broth, yay!

belcanto

:eek:
I rejected meat since I was a baby. My mother told me I spat the meat she tried to feed me. But I grew up eating eggs and milk products, and I continue to do so mainly for the protein. I'm upset that soy feed has contaminated egg yolks, but I still eat them, not only for the protein, but for the eye nutrients in them, even though the stench of eggs nauseates me.

Paul, consider getting pastured eggs - these are more expensive but the chickens can run around and eat bugs and grass; they're probably considerably less stressed! The yolks are an amazing color. I stopped buying eggs at Trader Joe's when I found out they feed the chickens soy feed!

OP
pauljacob

pauljacob

:eek:

Paul, consider getting pastured eggs - these are more expensive but the chickens can run around and eat bugs and grass; they're probably considerably less stressed! The yolks are an amazing color. I stopped buying eggs at Trader Joe's when I found out they feed the chickens soy feed!
Thank you, belcanto for you advice on getting pastured eggs. I live in Phoenix and haven't seen any eggs labelled "pastured". I shop at Sprouts for healthy food items, and they have several pricey eggs presented and labelled as "natural". But eggs labels can be quite deceptive. Eggs labelled as grass-roaming chicken, are from cooped up chicken with a small square punched out in front of each chicken so they can see grass, and so can be labelled free-roaming chicks. Honesty and decency doesn't mix up with business -- just profits. Same thing with honey. It is legal in the US to add 40% corn syrup or HFCS and still label it "Pure Honey".
Exclusive Book Excerpt: Honey Is World's Third Most Faked Food

stackz07

So you're not a vegetarian then?