Hydrolised Collagen/gelatin Allergic Response

James Myatt

I have been upping my intake of gelatin recently from consome soup and also hydrolised collagen supplement in powder form.

I have been feeling sick, dizzy, nauseas, off balance, short of breathe and anxious.

Any help would be appreciated

I am 27 yo male from UK, very lean but not very strict with my diet and seem to lose weight when taking in more fat than carbohydrates

Hgreen56

Whats out with gelatin supplements.
Most of it contains sulphites, histamine and endoxine's because its made from rotten animal hides.
if you want the benefits from gelatine you better buy glycine. thats 100% pure.

James Myatt

Whats out with gelatin supplements.
Most of it contains sulphites, histamine and endoxine's because its made from rotten animal hides.
if you want the benefits from gelatine you better buy glycine. thats 100% pure.

Thanks for the advice

yerrag

Every time I take a supplement now, I'd ask myself what contaminants there is, and I'd ask if I'm still going to get better, notwithstanding, or whether I'm just going to get worse for it.

I'm not cool with powdered gelatin. It's mass produced. The skin used is never going to be tested for endotoxins. I end up eating a lot of endotoxins. I don't care if it's been tested yadayada. I don't trust these tests. They may test one special batch and say yadayada, but the real production is not tested. It's called gaming the system. As buyers, we pretend that we believe these tests are carried out, because it makes us justify buying these products. We're not likely to feel the direct effects of the endotoxins, so we can easily say "much ado over nothing" to naysayers.

I wouldn't go for the glycine either, unless small and tolerable quantities are used each time. I don't like isolated amino acids, especially singular ones. I'd rather take gelatin, and since I've found a good source, I've ditched cow face, oxtail, pork face, pork skin, and chicken feet. I'm just going with pork and beef tendons. Might be hard to find. Go to a Chinese grocer and ask for it.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Low-dose copper with glycine and proline or gelatin for collagen? Ask For Help or Advice 2
JanP Collagen Disorder Is Ruining My Family's Life. Help Me Break The Curse Ask For Help or Advice 12
H Collagen Scum And Product Quality Supplements 11
C How To Clear Excess Collagen From Scalp? Ask For Help or Advice 0
J Is It Okay To Take A Collagen Supplement Alongside Magnesium Glycinate? Magnesium 3
B Anti-Peat Collagen Supplements Are TOXIC WASTE PRODUCTS Debate - Anti-Peat 22
wealthofwisdom Is Collagen As Good As Gelatin? Diet 15
ScurveDream Loose Skin Issues: Collagen, Skin Cells, Elastin, Hormones? Any Other Theories? Ask For Help or Advice 11
wealthofwisdom Collagen Vs Gelatin? Diet 2
S Am I Reading Ray Peat Correctly, Collagen Buildup Causes Aging Sking? Skin 8
I Topical Retinoids - Do They Really Increase Collagen Production? Skin 7
L What Are Some More Things That Lower Collagen Production? Metabolism 1
L What Are Some More Things That Lower Collagen Production? Metabolism 0
berk How Do You Know How Much Collagen You Consume? Diet 0
postman Does Collagen Have Copper? Gelatin 2
Adrenaline Lidocaine Inhibits Collagen Accumulation (Fibrosis) Scientific Studies 0
A The Fruit -fructose Dillema Regarding Collagen ? Health 14
paulwalkerrip Collagen In The NYT Articles 0
C Great Lakes Collagen Vs. Zint Collagen Gelatin 3
Hans Collagen/gelatin Aids In Muscle Growth And Fat Loss Blogs 7
S Alternative To Great Lakes Collagen In The UK Gelatin 8
livesimply Great Lakes Bone Collagen Hydrolysate Supplements 1
K Collagen Or Gelatin Ask For Help or Advice 4
Elchapchapchapo Bone Broth + Collagen + Optional Aspirin Nighttime Drink Recipes 2
RayPeatFan777 Ground Beef For Gelatin/collagen Gelatin 5
Dan Wich Trial Of Hydrolyzed Collagen Supplementation For Skin Quality Scientific Studies 3
N Type II Collagen Or Type I For Serotonin Reduction? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 12
M Collagen Hydrolysate Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 6
A Caffeine Inhibits Collagen Sysnthesis Ask For Help or Advice 3
johnwester130 The Linus Pauling Collagen Drink That Tastes Good Recipes 22
K Collagen Synthesis Health 2
A BulletProof Collagen Weird Symptoms? Ask For Help or Advice 0
ecstatichamster Aspirin With Niacinamide Baking Soda And Collagen Aspirin 3
G I Wrongly Brought Collagen As Gelatin, Is It The Same? Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 4
R Collagen Supplements 8
A Hydrolyzed Collagen Providing Significant Energy? Diet, Recipes 3
Philomath Z!NT Gelatin/Collagen Hydrolysate - Anyone Use This? Suppliers 5
R Cooking With Collagen Hydrolysate Gelatin 1
L Collagen May Inhibit Weight Gain In Menopause Gelatin 1
P Excess Linoleic Acid Increases Collagen I/III Ratio And “Stiffens” The Heart Muscle Following High F Articles & Scientific Studies 1
H GELATIN/COLLAGEN (ASPARTIC ACID AND GLUTAMIC ACID) Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
Bahaa El wazzan Collagen Is Glycine? Diet 0
ReneeAnn *Why* Does Gelatin And Collagen Give Me A Headache And Insomnia? Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 51
ecstatichamster Collagen Contains A Lot Of Arginine Protein 11
A Fructose Diet-induced Skin Collagen Abnormalities Are Prevented By Lipoic Acid Scientific Studies 0
R Is This An Okay Source Of Hyrdolysed Collagen? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
C Collagen Suppliers Suppliers 12
Amazoniac Collagen Hydrolyzate: Great Lakes, HealthNatura And VitalProteins Gelatin 24
A Could Collagen Hydrolysate Cause Low Mood? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
healthnatura Collagen now available! Health Natura 1