How vitamin D helps you sleep like a king

Hans

Forum Supporter
Vitamin D literally got rid of most of my sleep disturbances, such as restless leg syndrome, long sleep onset, nocturia, shallow sleep, bad dreams, random body aches, etc. Diet obvious also played a huge role, but it felt like vit D was that final puzzle piece for me.

InChristAlone

Thanks for this article! very good work!

Perry Staltic

I'm trying to figure out if D is what was screwing up my sleep. I could only sleep for 4-5 hours, then wide awake. Finally said screw it and fasted for several weeks from all supplements. Now sleep is back to normal and I feel so much better. Don't know if something was out of balance that affected my sleep, or if it was just disrupted sleep that made me feel weird. I was just doing the usual stuff: C, D3, E, K2, Zn, Mg, Sn at normal doses. Was doing about 5000 IU of D during the summer, Weird.

Vitamin D literally got rid of most of my sleep disturbances, such as restless leg syndrome, long sleep onset, nocturia, shallow sleep, bad dreams, random body aches, etc. Diet obvious also played a huge role, but it felt like vit D was that final puzzle piece for me.

Which forms & Brands of vitamin D do ya'll recommend? (other than sunlight please)

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'm trying to figure out if D is what was screwing up my sleep. I could only sleep for 4-5 hours, then wide awake. Finally said screw it and fasted for several weeks from all supplements. Now sleep is back to normal and I feel so much better. Don't know if something was out of balance that affected my sleep, or if it was just disrupted sleep that made me feel weird. I was just doing the usual stuff: C, D3, E, K2, Zn, Mg, Sn at normal doses. Was doing about 5000 IU of D during the summer, Weird.
One study I linked did talk about sleeping getting worse, and they speculated it was due to a B vitamin deficiency. After giving those patients B50/B100, their sleep improved again.

Perry Staltic

One study I linked did talk about sleeping getting worse, and they speculated it was due to a B vitamin deficiency. After giving those patients B50/B100, their sleep improved again.

I was taking a B-50

I sleep like ***t tbh (whether or not I take it) and it gives me lower back pain, like extremely sore back, hard for me to even bend forward enough to put on my socks in the morning. I take K2 and Mag with it, but it doesn't help. I'm gonna quit for a while, might consider Vitamin D lamp.

There's something sus about getting high amounts of vitamin D orally since you would never get that from food, only through the skin. It doesn't seem ideal.

Ridge9

Vitamin D gives me serious anxiety and makes me generally agitated. Sleep always sucks no matter because I urinate 3-4 times a night.

Dr. B

I sleep like ***t tbh (whether or not I take it) and it gives me lower back pain, like extremely sore back, hard for me to even bend forward enough to put on my socks in the morning. I take K2 and Mag with it, but it doesn't help. I'm gonna quit for a while, might consider Vitamin D lamp.

There's something sus about getting high amounts of vitamin D orally since you would never get that from food, only through the skin. It doesn't seem ideal.
cod liver and cod liver oil, certain fish would provide large amounts A and D maybe some k

d3 doesnt seem to hurt even near bed
maybe k2 can
magnesium, zinc, certain forms are stimulating selenium too

Hans .. oh might sensei .... tell me why Vitamin D can make me sleep like an entire whole day if i stop taking it for a few days and resume? is it a melatonin thing? currently, i am taking Superior Source D2 sublingual 10,000 iu about 5 days a week.

aniciete

I’ve been using a sperti lamp for 5 minutes every morning for the last 4-5 days and i feel the best I’ve felt since summer.

aniciete

@anciente which one do you have ? i am going to get one. do you have the red fiji sun one ?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans .. oh might sensei .... tell me why Vitamin D can make me sleep like an entire whole day if i stop taking it for a few days and resume? is it a melatonin thing? currently, i am taking Superior Source D2 sublingual 10,000 iu about 5 days a week.
I think it would be too reductionistic for me to speculate specifically how. But perhaps it's because it increases serotonin and dopamine in the brain, both of which are excitatory. And when you stop, active D drops and so does dopamine and serotonin. Could definitely be via other pathways as well.

Harley

'How sunlight* helps you sleep like a king' would be more accurate according to most of your points in your article, especially your practical takeaways.

For example, morning sunlight / blue light upon waking is unrelated to Vitamin D (at least not as direct synthesis), but is one of your main takeaways in an article which claims to be about Vitamin D.

I know you're aware of this information but your article is about sunlight exposure, which includes, but is not limited to, Vitamin D. So the title and writing should reflect that.

D2 as ergocalciferol?

Ben.

'How sunlight* helps you sleep like a king' would be more accurate according to most of your points in your article, especially your practical takeaways.

For example, morning sunlight / blue light upon waking is unrelated to Vitamin D (at least not as direct synthesis), but is one of your main takeaways in an article which claims to be about Vitamin D.

I know you're aware of this information but your article is about sunlight exposure, which includes, but is not limited to, Vitamin D. So the title and writing should reflect that.

Was thinking the same when i read the title. But i guess for some people supplemental vitamin d works in that way?

For me supplemental d is like poision while sunlight is livegiving.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals