How To Stop A Bit Of Urine Dribble Post-peeing

started a number of years ago. A little urine dribble after peeing. Just a few drops over five or ten minutes. Nothing continuous. Not a big deal. But it would be nice to stop it. My prostate is good, everything works fine. Just this.

Hehe that sounds familiar. Have had it for years myself. Have come to accept it. It is perfectly possible a lot or maybe even most men have it. Just not something most men would advertise. So I guess we'll never know.

I would guess your (and my) prostate is not that good as you seem to believe as it prevents a complete emptying of the bladder. So when you finish peeing theres still some urine left and it takes a while for the last drops to squeeze through the prostate grasp, down to the end of your urethra.

Luk3

Do you squeeze your urethra from the bottom all the way to the head? That solved it for me.

Do you squeeze your urethra from the bottom all the way to the head? That solved it for me.

I haven't. Sounds kinda harsh. But I may try it. I guess it depends on whether the trace urine is down in your penis or still in higher places.

By the way, is it ok to say penis in here?

My thread on breast attraction got deleted presumably on the grounds of it being offensive. In spite of Ray Peat painting breasts like there's no tomorrow.

24b.jpg

lion-b.jpg

10b.jpg

I guess Ray Peat is now banned too.

Gotta hand it to Americans.

But sorry to have hijacked the thread.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Perhaps you have a muscular issue going on. The ischiocavernosus and bulbospongiosus act in concert to empty the urethra. Weak core also translates to weak pelvic floor. I get a slight dribble when I go out drinking, and the trick I use is to apply pressure with two or three fingers along perineum, superficial to the BS muscle. That usually squeezes the last few drops out for me.

If it’s a smooth muscle issue then obviously it’s complicated.

I haven't. Sounds kinda harsh. But I may try it. I guess it depends on whether the trace urine is down in your penis or still in higher places.

By the way, is it ok to say penis in here?

My thread on breast attraction got deleted presumably on the grounds of it being offensive. In spite of Ray Peat painting breasts like there's no tomorrow.

WTF. I would think such a topic would fit right in here. What was the tone of your post?

yerrag

It happens to me as well. I thought that sitting down peeing solves it. Isn't that the right way, based on something I read on it. Related to when pooping, you're supposed to be squatting like Bruce Lee did?

David PS

If it is a muscular issue, it might be helpful to interrupt your flow midstream, hold the flow for a second or two and then resume. This involves muscular control and it may activate (or reactivate) muscle fibers that aren't firing correctly. It may take some practice.

Another thought is to completely empty your bladder while standing and then sit on a toilet and try to urinate more. If sitting allows for further emptying of your bladder, then is there still post-pee dribble? (That was a rhetorical question.)

Arrade

Interesting. This has occured far less frequently for me than it did 5 years ago, when I was a kid it seemed inevitable. I guess all the front/back squats and use of my member has led to this being a non problem

Arrade

well some ray peat forum members find peat's views deeply troubling, especially when it comes to politics and genetics.
I'm mainly concerned coconut oil is anti-dht and iodine intake should be higher than he thinks.

fradon

started a number of years ago. A little urine dribble after peeing. Just a few drops over five or ten minutes. Nothing continuous. Not a big deal. But it would be nice to stop it. My prostate is good, everything works fine. Just this.

had the same issue for a long time. try eating raw tomatoes

Luckytype

So something to consider as a data point.

While my issues were ignored long enough that I dont know the original catalyst, about 2-3 months before my metabolism crashed i had the same thing. Mind you I was incredibly abusive and neglectful to my body but it was significant enough that it would spot my pants. Fortunately the office knew my humor was dry so after essentially pissing my pants I could make the joke about pissing my pants and go on about my day with people thinking it was water drops.

It wasnt for lack of trying to stay dry, it was only after shaking, getting my pants buttoned and belt back on would it like dribble, even full kegel couldnt stop it. Oddly, after only improving my condition(which is still a few years out from being decent) did it stop completely.

Initially I joked to myself of it being prostate englargement(at age 31) but honestly it maybhave been a transient thing as my stress hormones were through the roof.

nwo2012

Sounds like mildly enlarged prostate or prostatitis. Aspirin should help symptoms.

OP
ecstatichamster
I think I may have this solved.

So what I started to do is lean over the tank, bracing against the back wall. The idea is to have the penis facing downwards, and then the urine just drips out into the toilet and that's all done.

It is also not as much of an insult as massage of the ureter etc.

Try it out and see if it works.

I don't think this is, in my case, related to prostate health but I have no idea what creates it. I do kegels and can stop and start my urine stream and have zero prostate issues.

T

tca300

Swollen prostate, caused by estrogen and or endotoxin probably.

OP
ecstatichamster
Swollen prostate, caused by estrogen and or endotoxin probably.

it's possible. But I don't have any symptoms at all.

And I have high CO2 levels.

And my endotoxin load is way down.

I've had this for at least 20 years. And it's just a few drops post-urination. Never happens otherwise...

Arrade

it's possible. But I don't have any symptoms at all.

And I have high CO2 levels.

And my endotoxin load is way down.

I've had this for at least 20 years. And it's just a few drops post-urination. Never happens otherwise...
I don't think its a prostate issue, I had it as a kid and teenage but not as a 20 something year old

Last edited:

fradon

Huh? Please explain. Thanks

RAW TOMATOES

i've noticed since i've been eating raw tomatoes my urine flow is better and the muscles in my bladder are stronger. could be the acidity or the lycopene or what ever else. i don't have that dribble issue anymore.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals