Is It Possible To Heal Hypothyroidism Without Medicine?

Kvothe

Do i need a testosterone boost as a woman?
I do think its hard to add more carbs when i can't have dairy.

Oh sorry, didn't notice you are a woman ;) I just mentioned it because a HCLP diet raises testosterone in men. Eating lots of carbs seems to me the easiest thing in the world. This morning, I had several slices of sourdough bread with marmelade, a big glass of orange juice, and sugared coffee. I think that provided me with around 150g of carbs just for breakfast

OP
T

Trude

Oh sorry, didn't notice you are a woman ;) I just mentioned it because a HCLP diet raises testosterone in men. Eating lots of carbs seems to me the easiest thing in the world. This morning, I had several slices of sourdough bread with marmelade, a big glass of orange juice, and sugared coffee. I think that provided me with around 150g of carbs just for breakfast

I dont eat gluten, sour bread do sound good, never tried it.
too much pure sugar makes me have restless feeling in body, may expereiment more with it but like honey more. Is potato good source?

Kvothe

I dont eat gluten, sour bread do sound good, never tried it.
too much pure sugar makes me have restless feeling in body, may expereiment more with it but like honey more. Is potato good source?

I love potatos.

s ferritin 89 (15-200)
iron binding capacity 66 (49-83
iron saturation 28 (10-50)
iron 18,8 (9-34)
hemoglobin 14,1 (11,7-15,3)
b12 601 (170-650) i was on b complex supplement at the time don't now if that can mess with result.
testosterone 1,7 (<3.0)
vitamin d 120(50-150) in early fall.

don't think i have done cortisol.

gonna research more about lowering tpo.

the doctor told me there is nothing to do about the tpo and i will end up with hypothyroidism at some point. not happy with that answer. feel hopeless, since all they do is take blood test and they come back fine and say there is nothing wrong with me, and get no more help.

Your iron looks good. I'd be willing to bet that your issues are autoimmune related. Whatever you do don't give up. You can overcome autoimmune issues and lower your thyroid antibodies. Just research research research. I will say though that in my experience the only thing that definitely lowers an autoimmune response is cannabis though I recommend trying to lower it through diet first.

OP
T

Trude

Your iron looks good. I'd be willing to bet that your issues are autoimmune related. Whatever you do don't give up. You can overcome autoimmune issues and lower your thyroid antibodies. Just research research research. I will say though that in my experience the only thing that definitely lowers an autoimmune response is cannabis though I recommend trying to lower it through diet first.

I have thought many diets would be the one to make me feel better, and again i am hoping this is the one to help. I do alot of research to find the answer, but its hard to not lose hope after so long time trying things that are suposed to fix everything, but will not stop trying.
Im not big fan of trying cannabis since its illegal here.

postman

Yes, but it depends.

First, Peat has suggested that some foods contain thyroid hormone, like milk and crab, for example. I think he suggested that you might be able to get the equivalent to 1/2 to a whole grain of thyroid, depending on diet.

There are also thyroid glandular supplements, but they can be hit or miss.

A number of things have been discussed on this forum that act like thyroid surrogates, from things like magnesium to androsterone. You could delve into that.

I think it often times could be a bit of a liver issue, so doing things to improve liver function may improve, (or even cure) the condition. Hans just wrote a great article on this very thing.

Some people notice hypothyroid symptoms go away simply by eating more carbs, especially if they were doing a low carb diet.

And lastly, and maybe the thing with most promise, red light shined (shone?) directly on the thyroid seems to have benefits, and may even be a substitute for thyroid supplementation, or could replace it over time.

There's no doubt you could see improvement, but it will likely take some research and trial and error.
Could you please post a link to that article

HUF

@Trude Hi to be honest I would have a chat with Danny Roddy you can google him, follow him on Instagram and read/listen to all the interviews on Master List: Ray Peat, PhD Interviews – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)
Get a broad understanding of health / thyroid.
Danny Roddy talks to Ray Peat all the time and I think someone like that is better than any endo.

Ray doesn't believe in hashis. Raised antibodies are there due to gland inflammation and can be lowered with diet and maybe thyroid meds. My Wife antibodies at 756 and lowered to under 200 with diet and thyroid.

Don't jump on too many supplements at the beginning they will cause more stress. Keep eating 200+ carbs and DON'T lower protein between 80-150 is optimal.

Start having the daily carrot salad and chat with Danny it will get you headed in the right direction.

OP
T

Trude

@Trude Hi to be honest I would have a chat with Danny Roddy you can google him, follow him on Instagram and read/listen to all the interviews on Master List: Ray Peat, PhD Interviews – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)
Get a broad understanding of health / thyroid.
Danny Roddy talks to Ray Peat all the time and I think someone like that is better than any endo.
Will check that out

Ray doesn't believe in hashis. Raised antibodies are there due to gland inflammation and can be lowered with diet and maybe thyroid meds. My Wife antibodies at 756 and lowered to under 200 with diet and thyroid.

Don't jump on too many supplements at the beginning they will cause more stress. Keep eating 200+ carbs and DON'T lower protein between 80-150 is optimal.
I eat at least 110g protein mostly from fatty beef and cod roe( only seasonly for the moment) and 200g carbs is what i have for now.
I do use magnesium malate, whole food vitamin c and potassium, but seen no differnce. Doing the root protocol.

Start having the daily carrot salad and chat with Danny it will get you headed in the right direction.
Can i only have raw carrot or should i have the other ingridients in the salad. Don't like olive oil or vinegar.

Last edited:
all my blood work was normal. i mostly eat meat,broth,eggs,fruit, juice and sweet potato and potato and trying out coffee. i have been trying with a bit of milk and cheese but get loose stool. so gonna stop that.

drop those sugars and try goat cheese and if even that one doesn’t work, stick to dark chocolate for a while. Meats should be very fatty meat (buy grass fed 50-50 blends online) and egg yolks, have some salted butter if needed
Basically salt, saturated fat, sugar, in that hierarchy. You’ll be overheated in no time

OP
T

Trude

drop those sugars and try goat cheese and if even that one doesn’t work, stick to dark chocolate for a while. Meats should be very fatty meat (buy grass fed 50-50 blends online) and egg yolks, have some salted butter if needed
Basically salt, saturated fat, sugar, in that hierarchy. You’ll be overheated in no time

drop fruit to you mean?
i only eat ribeyes and ground meat, but the highest fat is 14%. i have tried goat feta cheese but did not like the taste or smell.
why dark chocolate?
love raw egg yolks.
''Basically salt, saturated fat, sugar, in that hierarchy'' is this not the reverse of the recommended on this site? sounds good thou, i just crave meat if i eat to much carbs.

drop fruit to you mean?
i only eat ribeyes and ground meat, but the highest fat is 14%. i have tried goat feta cheese but did not like the taste or smell.
why dark chocolate?
love raw egg yolks.
''Basically salt, saturated fat, sugar, in that hierarchy'' is this not the reverse of the recommended on this site? sounds good thou, i just crave meat if i eat to much carbs.

dark chocolate for dopamine serotonin and magnesium, but it is optional.

no drop mostly potatoes first, juices too and whole fruit should be fine.

maybe fatter beef if you can, order online there are fantastic farms doing great business. Yeah yolks are awesome.

i think there’s too much emphasis on sugar and not enough on micro nutrients. High sugar consumption will require you to be on top of all micros starting with sodium.

a lack of sodium is a massive hypothyroid trigger. From the WHO...
“Low sodium diets increased plasma renin, aldosterone, adrenaline, noradrenaline, cholesterol, and triglyceride”

That’s when they get people down from 10g of salt Daily to 5g. For barely any Blood pressure gains. And then everyone’s TSH is 2 or above and they’re cold all day. I wonder why.

OP
T

Trude

dark chocolate for dopamine serotonin and magnesium, but it is optional.

no drop mostly potatoes first, juices too and whole fruit should be fine.

maybe fatter beef if you can, order online there are fantastic farms doing great business. Yeah yolks are awesome.

i think there’s too much emphasis on sugar and not enough on micro nutrients. High sugar consumption will require you to be on top of all micros starting with sodium.

a lack of sodium is a massive hypothyroid trigger. From the WHO...
“Low sodium diets increased plasma renin, aldosterone, adrenaline, noradrenaline, cholesterol, and triglyceride”

That’s when they get people down from 10g of salt Daily to 5g. For barely any Blood pressure gains. And then everyone’s TSH is 2 or above and they’re cold all day. I wonder why.

don't think there is more fatty beef here, is not 14 g fat to 20 g protein good?
i don't now how much salt i eat, but i salt good every meal.
i don't want lower blood pressure anyway, already 90/60.
will try out dark chocolate.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals