Does Stress Reduce TSH - TSH Rebound Question

Sagitarrius90

Hello everyone

I was dieting for quite some time very slow nothing drastic with regards to cutting calories (Roughly 300 calorie reduction over 4-6 months)

During this time I was pretty careless with my caffeine intake. I was relying on caffeine for energy to get through my days and to complete my workouts. So in terms of stress I would say I was pretty stressed out. About a month ago I stopped dieting because I was just exhausted and wanted to give my body a break. I started to bring calories up to maintenance and reduced the amount I worked out per week. I was going around 5 times and I started going twice just to maintain my muscle.

Now that I am sleeping much better, increasing calories, reducing caffeine and feeling more stress free why would my TSH go from 1.6 to around 3.2? My T3 and t4 hormones are very low about the lowest point on the reference range. I read that stress can actually lower TSH so now that I am in my eyes more stress free could this cause the increase to my actual thyroid levels? I feel the symptoms of being hypothyroid now then I did during the diet (Assuming stress was getting me by and keeping me warm)

My morning temps are 96.8 roughly and have always been this low throughout my diet and maybe even lower.

As well my estrogen is 60 pg/ml on a blood test which is insane. I assume reducing estrogen would help my thyroid levels? They were 20 pg/ml pre diet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals