How To Best Implement RP Without A Thyroid?

Tourist

Had removal due to cancer 10 years ago. Surgeon told me she ended up leaviing a sliver of thyroid as the gland was very small and she didn't want to knick the para's.

For the past 3 years was on paleo then keto. Felt like ***t on the end of keto--with racing heart, insomnia and anxiety and stopped the diet. Had to lower Levothyroxine dose 3 times in past year due to those reactions. I now understand from incessant reading the past week on the site, that my diet brought all this on and my poor endocrine system is in shock mode with all the cortisol and adrenaline surging through my body--and my liver is likely not able to get rid of estrogen so it's recirculating.

Would you please make any specific suggestions on some starting points to help jumpstart some higher metabolic energy as I'm suffering with a rising tsh (from 1.1 a month ago, to 3.3 2 weeks ago and this weekend it was at 6.2) Sleep is suffering and I'm cold all the time.

What I'm doing now:

. GF (5 years)
. recently eliminated all nuts/seeds/ olive oil/ cod liver oil
. eating sugar again!! Adding in lf greek yogurt, milk, ice cream
. eating daily raw carrots
. potatoes--raw juice and cooked
. added coffee back in (can I have a small amount of 1/2 & 1/2--I lovvvve coffee this way)
. Drinking juice mainly in place of water
. Eating liver and oysters (for a month now)
. supplementing with zinc (tested pretty low) and selenium to help thyroid
. Magnesium--orally and salt baths for over a year.

My insomnia brain is finding the site lacking in some comprehensive way to start RP for someone without a thyroid. Thank you for any and all input :) Laura

paymanz

I think thyroid removal doesn't change ray's principals in treatment of thyroid hormones,you need to adjust your dose in accordance to body temp and pulse rate,and generally how you feel. its better to have t3 for sure.

There is aother similar thread No Thyroid - T3 T4 Ratio And Diet

A. squamosa

I would recommend finding a Peat style nutritionist to help you with an eating plan and with monitoring your responses to the food you eat. I've recommended this person to others before, she's really good (she helped me out a lot), check out The Nutrition Coach
if she's too busy, maybe ask if she can recommend someone?
Self education is really important and beneficial, and I'm sure a lot of people on this forum give good, valid advice, but I do feel that at some point it can be good to introduce a direct voice of authority whose credentials you know and who can oversee and guide you.

X3CyO

I swear somewhere peat said that the thyroid can heal itself quickly back to its original state after being damaged even when the thyroid was completely removed through increasing oxidative metabolism.

If I find the link, ill post it.

OP
Tourist

Tourist

Mind giving me an idea of costs to work with her? She's not taking new clients for a month but I'm wondering if I can afford her?

I would recommend finding a Peat style nutritionist to help you with an eating plan and with monitoring your responses to the food you eat. I've recommended this person to others before, she's really good (she helped me out a lot), check out The Nutrition Coach
if she's too busy, maybe ask if she can recommend someone?
Self education is really important and beneficial, and I'm sure a lot of people on this forum give good, valid advice, but I do feel that at some point it can be good to introduce a direct voice of authority whose credentials you know and who can oversee and guide you.

OP
Tourist

Tourist

I'd appreciate that

I swear somewhere peat said that the thyroid can heal itself quickly back to its original state after being damaged even when the thyroid was completely removed through increasing oxidative metabolism.

If I find the link, ill post it.

A. squamosa

Mind giving me an idea of costs to work with her? She's not taking new clients for a month but I'm wondering if I can afford her?

Hmm.. I had one session with her ages ago and it was about $300? I think it would be ultimately better value financially and health-wise to get one of the 2 month/3 month courses with her, one of which is somewhere around the $1500 mark I think? I'm also speaking in AUD so keep that in mind. Also that was a few years ago, so things may have changed. I'm sure she'd give you prices if you asked :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals