Varicocele And BPH

chh1138

Hi,

I'm new to Ray Peat (just found out about him through YouTube a couple weeks ago)

I'm 47, and I've had a varicocele since I was a teenager. A couple years ago, I was diagnosed with BPH after having symptoms like frequent urination and dribbling when urinating. I also previously had a very think, full head of hair, but I've developed thinning on the crown of my head in the last year.

Prescription drugs didn't seem to help. A few months ago, I started using a supplement with saw plametto. It nearly instantly reduced my symptoms. The only problem was it also pretty much immediately made my morning wood go away (which was strong previously). I continued for a couple of weeks, but stopped the supplement. Morning wood came right back, but within 2-3 weeks, so did the enlarged prostate issues.

I've gone through the forum a good bit, and have found a lot of different things people are using.

One post from two years ago mentioned success with stinging nettle root and chamomile for BPH, but I'm not sure about the varicocele.

Does the stinging nettle root cause ED issues?

Is there a particular definitive over-the-counter regimen anyone has found for treating both the varicocele and BPH at once (I know there is a lot of evidence that the two are linked), while not causing ED issues and also promoting hair growth?

Thanks,
Chris

M

metabolizm

Long walks every day have been making the difference for me. I noticed my varicocele was getting worse during lockdown because I was much more sedentary than normal. Also I was getting weird urinary problems, probably related to BPH. Lots of hiking has helped a great deal, presumably by increasing circulation.

OP
C

chh1138

Long walks every day have been making the difference for me. I noticed my varicocele was getting worse during lockdown because I was much more sedentary than normal. Also I was getting weird urinary problems, probably related to BPH. Lots of hiking has helped a great deal, presumably by increasing circulation.
Thanks. I actually walk a lot (try to average 10,000 steps per day, sometimes 15,000). I don't really have problems with the varicocele itself much. Little if any pain. All of my issues are with BPH, but I was thinking maybe I could treat both at once.

PorterBridges

Hey. I'm a 36 year old male suffering from "Prostatitis" type symptoms for 3 years now. I have a Grade 3/4 Varicocele on my left side.

I have a constant feeling of urgency to urinate along with weaker flow and slight burning.

I'm not sure if I have BHP...two urologists said no based on DRE and that the prostate was fairly normal. An ultrasound didn't reveal anything either, but I haven't had an MRI.

Is it possible these are related or is it just a pelvic floor muscle issue? Curious if I should get my Varicocele treated...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals