How Often Are You Consuming Calories?

mjrm

I'm wondering if the consensus here is to eat as frequently as possible? Or is there some amount of time between meals that is based on what is consumed?

CoolTweetPete

For me it seems that hunger is the best indicator of when to eat. I am constantly moving around at work so it is pretty often, but I'm typically just drinking milk or coffee.

The only rule I try to adhere to is avoiding cold liquids for about 20 minutes after a solid food meal. It seems to benefit digestion.

OP
M

mjrm

For me it seems that hunger is the best indicator of when to eat. I am constantly moving around at work so it is pretty often, but I'm typically just drinking milk or coffee.

The only rule I try to adhere to is avoiding cold liquids for about 20 minutes after a solid food meal. It seems to benefit digestion.

I think this is a good approach for those who are "healed" but I feel like for people with hypo symptoms, hunger may be a bit out of tune with the bodily truth...and so, I was hoping people could report on if any sort of regulation schematic is good?

Beehelp

I feel huger very rarely, how ever I'm very active. Shouldn't I eat?;)

Pompadour

After reading about Katharina Dalton's work at this forum, i try to eat every 3 hours. But i can't eat just before going to sleep because nights snacking often gives me heurtburn, though K. Dalton says that even at night one shouldn't go without carbs for more than 10 hours (for me it is impossible - i need to make a 12 hour break at least).

tara

I aim to eat at least every three hours, and often snack more often. I've had periods when two hours has been a better limit.

I eat supper close to bed time, else I tend to either have trouble getting to sleep, or wake up hungry too early.

I don't think that's necessarily needed for everyone, though, especially people with robust glycogen storage.

Depends on:
- your state of health
- what you are trying to achieve, goals.
- your activity levels
- stress levels
- previous background and history of eating.
- and as @tara mentions, organ function and status i.e. liver and glycogen storage capacity.

Gadsie

I do the whole IF thing, about 14 hours a day. Then I will eat all of my food in 3 meals about 3 hours apart. Mainly for teeth health and potentially higher protein synthesis.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
When hungry.

agnar

whenever i am hungry lol. i probably eat 10-12 meals a day. enjoy autophaggy fasting brothers

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals