Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • more than 8

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • less than 3

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters

Kasper

I was wondering, what do you guys think about how many meals a day to eat?

I used to do around 3 meals, + some carrots as snack in between. I'm now experimenting with more, 5-6 meals a day. Basically, eating every 3 hours. What do you guys prefer?

tara

Three to four meals (always with carbs and protein, usu. incl some cooked starch lately, usu. some fat but not loads), lots of snacking in between.
Used to do 6-7 meals a day pre-Peat.

CrystalClear

I voted 6 meals but that includes snacks to regulate blood sugar throughout the day and evening.

yerrag

I eat 3 meals a day, but it's more for social reasons than anything. If I eat only because I feel hungry, I may just be eating twice a day.

3 squares with protein, carb and fats and, depending in how late I eat dinner, a bedtime snack...I always eat at least some honey(1Tb) before bed. IF I wake up early(and I do so much less now since I've ditched the drown-yourself-in-1/2 your body weight-in ounces-water doctrine), I keep 1 c of OJ with 2 Tb collagen hydrosolate in it, and 1 oz of cheese by my bed in case I can't fall asleep again quickly. I rarely need it anymore.

Ahanu

06:15 breakfast
09:00 2nd breakfast
12:00 Lunch
Snack in the afternoon
20:00 Dinner

More Snacks on Sport days
I Love eating :)

Elephanto

I started eating like bodybuilders do to maximize protein usage for muscle synthesis, which is basically every 3/3.5 hours and 30g of protein every meal. Coincidentally I found this was the schedule that made me feel the best, for satiety and never reaching low blood sugar, but it's always extremely-easy to digest food whereas if I ate starches I wouldn't want to eat every 3 hours. How many meals I eat also depends on what I do or how calm I am. I find that I spend my sugar reserves much faster when I am excited, dopaminergic or stressed. That's why some people that meditate or are very inactive can eat much less, and as Peat wrote, a playful walk in the woods makes you spend more calories than if you were just treadmilling, so the brain is probably our hungriest organ. When I work, I'll also sip on sodas between meals because I want to maximize my performance and minimize stress for the whole shift.

It's hard to reach the Peat-recommended amount of protein (100-150g) and only eat 2-3 meals, and in many functions of protein it seems to be a waste.

Study on this here. 30g of protein in one sitting maximizes muscle synthesis, more protein doesn't synthesizes more.
Limit protein to 20g per meal?

Maretch

I always tried to eat 5 times a day, but there are some days when i'm so busy that i eat once or twice a day, i know it's bad but it happens..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals