Starch-free diet with enough calories for fixing digestion

Vins7

Would it be possible to follow a starch-free, high-carbohydrate diet by adding plenty of honey?

Has anyone been doing it for quite some time and has it helped improve their digestion?

I was planning to do 3 meals per day based on meat (150-200g) fried with butter (2 tablespoons) and honey (4 tablespoons). This equates to about 2000-2200 calories and a good amount of carbohydrates to combat stress.

Could be consuming 12 tablespoons of honey a day dangerous for health?

I'm fed up with my digestive problems and everything being promoted for these problems is lowcarb.

Any experience or suggestion of someone who is doing this type of diet is useful!

Korven

Chicken, beef and pork.
Is not meat a good source of b vitamins?

You will be missing out on riboflavin and folate. Do you tolerate eggs? Those would give you some additional folate/riboflavin.

Also, I would add some non-starch fiber to those meat/honey meals to help with gut motility. Some well-cooked veggies or maybe raw carrots.

OP
V

Vins7

You will be missing out on riboflavin and folate. Do you tolerate eggs? Those would give you some additional folate/riboflavin.

Also, I would add some non-starch fiber to those meat/honey meals to help with gut motility. Some well-cooked veggies or maybe raw carrots.
Pff I don't what I can tolerate after 7 yearss of digestive issues. I'm bloated 24/7...

Jonk

Just try it and see how you feel, and don't put to much faith in the diet as a whole. One thing might work now, then after a while you might feel better on fruits, or potatoes, or whatever else. Make sure you don't neglect cravings and that the food should taste good. I don't think a lot of honey would be harmful in and of itself though..

DrJ

I eat 50-60g honey a day no problem. You're going to be lacking calcium substantially on that diet.

OP
V

Vins7

Como 50-60 g de miel al día sin problema. Le va a faltar mucho calcio con esa dieta.
¿De dónde sacas el resto de carbohidratos?

Estaba planeando comer 300 g al día, todos mis carbohidratos. ¿Es una locura?

Last edited:
Would it be possible to follow a starch-free, high-carbohydrate diet by adding plenty of honey?

Has anyone been doing it for quite some time and has it helped improve their digestion?

I was planning to do 3 meals per day based on meat (150-200g) fried with butter (2 tablespoons) and honey (4 tablespoons). This equates to about 2000-2200 calories and a good amount of carbohydrates to combat stress.

I'm fed up with my digestive problems and everything being promoted for these problems is lowcarb.

Any experience or suggestion of someone who is doing this type of diet is useful!
Switch to sprouted grains. They are much easier to digest, and Ray Peat said they are very good, and are considered to be more of a plant than a grain when sprouted. Unsprouted grains carry nutrients out of the body, where sprouted grains don’t, and much of the slowing of digestion from them is from inflammation.

I ate a ton of honey in a day everyday in the last year and it has been great for me.

I find when I eat things like potatoes it is much better digested boiling them, and even steaming them, than eating them baked. Try your idea, cutting out out starches, by cutting out the grains first, but keep the starchy vegetables and fruits and see how that works for you first, before going all in. It is a huge adjustment…

“Numerous studies link consuming grains to inflammation. The most direct links focus on refined grains like wheat flour. But whole grains can also contribute to inflammation through various pathways.

Some of the ways that grains contribute to inflammation include:

Excessive carbohydrate consumption
Lectin damage
Mycotoxins from molds
Pesticides, including glyphosate
ATI’s – Amylase Trypsin Inhibitors
In this article, we’ll explore each of these science-backed links between grain and inflammation.”

Phaedrus

Why only honey as your non-starch carb source? Any issues with fruit juice, like grape or orange? Otherwise if you’re looking to avoid plain white sugar, another good dense sugar source is date paste. I mix the paste with honey, coconut oil, and cocoa powder for a calorie dense snack. Dried dates have some fiber, but overall should be much more digestible than raw apples or unripe bananas.

Why only honey as your non-starch carb source? Any issues with fruit juice, like grape or orange? Otherwise if you’re looking to avoid plain white sugar, another good dense sugar source is date paste. I mix the paste with honey, coconut oil, and cocoa powder for a calorie dense snack. Dried dates have some fiber, but overall should be much more digestible than raw apples or unripe bananas.
They make date sugar and date syrup too.

Attachments

• 76C57E41-6CE0-48A1-B220-5EFCA2925C88.jpeg
    76C57E41-6CE0-48A1-B220-5EFCA2925C88.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 3362505F-F4C6-4EA0-A56B-333A74420196.jpeg
    3362505F-F4C6-4EA0-A56B-333A74420196.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 8

Try si jun zi tang for stimach spleen.
Bao he wan for bloating.
Xiao yao san for the liver
I am doing these and bloating is well controled.
The only.starch i eat is.buckwheat.
The rest is marmalade,apples boiled, bananas. I do 250g a day.
Also doing megaspore biotic, it seems to be working,they.are soil based probiotics.
Left coffee also.
Eat greens like arugula,spinach.
But i atribute the thing to the chinese formulas. Because i was doing more or less the same bwfore starting them.
Bao he wan is used after party,you know,marriage. So is for bloating.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals