How Much PUFAs Can I Get Away With?

Queequeg

I never understood this. How does eating more saturated fats with PUFAs help. I know the ratio is important to keep high but what exactly is going on. Wouldn't that just put more PUFAs in storage instead of burning them. And wouldnt you eventually have to burn them?

paymanz

I never understood this. How does eating more saturated fats with PUFAs help. I know the ratio is important to keep high but what exactly is going on. Wouldn't that just put more PUFAs in storage instead of burning them. And wouldnt you eventually have to burn them?
It displace pufa and keep them away from cells or as free faty acid in serum.

But I agree with you , we Gonna either store more and more fat or we gonna burn them eventually.

Another route that ray talks about is that liver detoxifys pufa(by attaching it to glucoronic acid?!) and excretes them in urine, which I don't know how much is our capacity a day to do so!?

paymanz

1000 iu vitamin e is too much , it antagonize vitamin k, and if your pufa intake is not high there is no reason taking that big dose, ray recommends 100 iu.

paymanz

I think best is to keep insulin sensitivity high , and eat very low fat , high carb diet, and in small meals!...
To repelet the glycogen stores, but don't feed the lipogenesis path too much by big carb meals.

In a way that somehow the rate of glycogenesis overtake that of lipogenenesis rate!

It doesn't matter how much carb or niacinamid you eat,
There is a steady release of free fatty acids into the blood, so total body fat/pufa content will be lowered.(pufas either being oxidized or excreted in urine,over time)

I have seen one quote from ray also recommending smaller meal sizes.

Last edited:

pboy

if I had to guess with some knowledge id say the ratio is more important, but then also liver and life flowing function and I suppose thyroid therein. Consuming something with more pufa than saturated fat ratio (and probably mufa isn't ideal either, maybe not as bad as pufa but not ideal) it will likely lower 'potential' thyroid function. I think its kind of like sludge...but it can be burned, or detoxed, it just has to have enough opposing fire from other sources, optimism and flow and action..basically useful and enjoyable generation and expenditure of energy, kind of basically expended usefully and or enjoyably...with too much pufa or pufa in ratio its gonna probably be harder and you'll potentially feel more sluggish unless you're really juiced up but then it might still be a less than you could be thing. When I first became a vegan years back, I was eating some but not too much pufa, and lots of cocoa fat and significant coconut fat so maybe the ratio was pretty good still but even at points I was using hemp and or sunflower oil, especially later on once I started using whole milk there was a period of time in life where I was expanding and coming to new levels, was living with lot of sun and growth happening but I was taking spoonfuls of pufa oils but didn't actually notice them as a detriment cause probably I was strongly motivated and forward and seeing progress and things. Then later there have been times where I was having a near fat free diet which was strongly facilitating for energy for a long time but then some situations in life were more constricted, out of the sun, narrowly focused and things and I didn't quite feel the same. When I intuit it now basically it seems like pufa is just a heavy weak energy, but not that id want to or purposefully do it, but they could be burned if you were moving in life with dopamine growth thyroid whatever good feels like, lot of fire...but then you might be better served still taking a sat fat oil to at least 'lighten it'. I not sure if the body turns some sugar into sat fat to balance against the pufa or if just sugar itself gives more fire so that fire then has the momentum to kind of lift up from or burn out the pufas, even be it by bowel or bile or urine even elimination. I guess to some it up its that pufa is just a sludgy energy that can be dealt with, and the more your overall metabolism and life is moving and burning well, and therefore whatever promotes and aids that, will help deal with the pufa. I think they'd only accumulate if you basically were living to some degree depressed from ideal and or were just consuming significantly more than you needed and a lot of it was pufa...but even then id suspect with enough vigor and fire the body could eliminate the pufa in the waste manner if you had enough move and groove in your life. So its sort of like why would you purposefully consume pufa, if you did you might as well balance it as much you can, but if avoidance totally would lower your fire and optimism for life it might be counter intuitive...but then of course if you took that too far the sludge could start becoming apparent. I guess just don't consume nuts/seeds or their oils and keep your life flowing and you'll be fine. If you wanna know the truth from my perspective meat is haneous to the point it would inherently depress my metabolism to even think about consumption, eggs I don't know theyre definitely less bad but I don't consider them as theres no point and its kind of a gross vibe...the same principles probably apply

Amazoniac

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Y1z95Qo6I78/TG0M36mptII/AAAAAAAAATk/9xVRPCfdHZU/s1600/1222.jpg
if I had to guess with some knowledge id say the ratio is more important, but then also liver and life flowing function and I suppose thyroid therein. Consuming something with more pufa than saturated fat ratio (and probably mufa isn't ideal either, maybe not as bad as pufa but not ideal) it will likely lower 'potential' thyroid function. I think its kind of like sludge...but it can be burned, or detoxed, it just has to have enough opposing fire from other sources, optimism and flow and action..basically useful and enjoyable generation and expenditure of energy, kind of basically expended usefully and or enjoyably...with too much pufa or pufa in ratio its gonna probably be harder and you'll potentially feel more sluggish unless you're really juiced up but then it might still be a less than you could be thing. When I first became a vegan years back, I was eating some but not too much pufa, and lots of cocoa fat and significant coconut fat so maybe the ratio was pretty good still but even at points I was using hemp and or sunflower oil, especially later on once I started using whole milk there was a period of time in life where I was expanding and coming to new levels, was living with lot of sun and growth happening but I was taking spoonfuls of pufa oils but didn't actually notice them as a detriment cause probably I was strongly motivated and forward and seeing progress and things. Then later there have been times where I was having a near fat free diet which was strongly facilitating for energy for a long time but then some situations in life were more constricted, out of the sun, narrowly focused and things and I didn't quite feel the same. When I intuit it now basically it seems like pufa is just a heavy weak energy, but not that id want to or purposefully do it, but they could be burned if you were moving in life with dopamine growth thyroid whatever good feels like, lot of fire...but then you might be better served still taking a sat fat oil to at least 'lighten it'. I not sure if the body turns some sugar into sat fat to balance against the pufa or if just sugar itself gives more fire so that fire then has the momentum to kind of lift up from or burn out the pufas, even be it by bowel or bile or urine even elimination. I guess to some it up its that pufa is just a sludgy energy that can be dealt with, and the more your overall metabolism and life is moving and burning well, and therefore whatever promotes and aids that, will help deal with the pufa. I think they'd only accumulate if you basically were living to some degree depressed from ideal and or were just consuming significantly more than you needed and a lot of it was pufa...but even then id suspect with enough vigor and fire the body could eliminate the pufa in the waste manner if you had enough move and groove in your life. So its sort of like why would you purposefully consume pufa, if you did you might as well balance it as much you can, but if avoidance totally would lower your fire and optimism for life it might be counter intuitive...but then of course if you took that too far the sludge could start becoming apparent. I guess just don't consume nuts/seeds or their oils and keep your life flowing and you'll be fine. If you wanna know the truth from my perspective meat is haneous to the point it would inherently depress my metabolism to even think about consumption, eggs I don't know theyre definitely less bad but I don't consider them as theres no point and its kind of a gross vibe...the same principles probably apply
Reminded me of this comment:
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/bicarbonate-vs-paco2-blood-tests.6802/page-7#post-88010

Last edited:
OP
R

Ron J

paymanz: Didn't know. I take 30mg of MK4, so perhaps it helps tolerate higher doses of vit E. I'll read more about it.
pboy: Thank you for the input. I may consider cheese without the enzymes(unless it's animal rennet).

Pet Peeve

Danny Roddy said keep pufa under 5 grams in one of his organizing the panic videos, not too difficult to achieve.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals