How Much PUFAs Can I Get Away With?

Ron J

I think haidut may have mentioned that the ratio of fats matters.
I follow a Peaty diet. In addition, I consume 1000iu of vitamin E and aspirin(1.3g) daily. I plan to take a tablespoon of coconut oil once I buy it. I plan to shed some weight(not sure what body fat %, but in decent shape). If I'm missing anything else that protects from, or saturates PUFA, I'll state whether I take it and the quantity.

Diokine

1000iu of Vitamin E and 1.3G of aspirin daily? You might want to look into why that is not such a good idea.

johnwester130

zinc

taurine

gelatin

aspirin

vitamin e

coconut oil

MAYBE astaxanthin - in theory it protects against PUFA, in practice I don't honestly know

lysine protect against PUFA

niacinamide

caffeine

b6

OP
R

Ron J

zinc

taurine

gelatin

aspirin

vitamin e

coconut oil

MAYBE astaxanthin - in theory it protects against PUFA, in practice I don't honestly know

lysine protect against PUFA

niacinamide

caffeine

b6
I don't take lysine or astaxanthin(never heard of it), but I take the rest. How much PUFAs consumption can I get away with in my case?

johnwester130

your thyroid will instantly explode and
I don't take lysine or astaxanthin(never heard of it), but I take the rest. How much PUFAs consumption can I get away with in my case?

I dunno

methylene blue may also help

Have you considered starting from the diet instead of from the supplements

OP
R

Ron J

Have you considered starting from the diet instead of from the supplements
I've been Peaty for quite some time; about 2 years I'd say. I know it may take longer(4+ years) to eliminate PUFAs, but I'm just wondering how much leeway I have in regards to the amount of PUFAs, taking the supplements into consideration.

You can get away with a lot if you have a good getaway car.

Check out this clip.

#impossible even with butter and coconut oil

Pufa depeltion..?, or reduction..:darts:

Is the goal to "deplete" or "reduce...?" That is the question.

DaveFoster

You can get away with a lot if you have a good getaway car.

Check out this clip.

#impossible even with butter and coconut oil

Pufa depeltion..?, or reduction..:darts:

Is the goal to "deplete" or "reduce...?" That is the question.

Ray has said under 0.5 grams will stop their accumulation, and if you maintain a high metabolic rate you could probably achieve EFA deficiency.

Ray has said under 0.5 grams will stop their accumulation, and if you maintain a high metabolic rate you could probably achieve EFA deficiency.

Where'd he say that?

Because he said this: "Unfortunately, it is impossible to devise a fat-free diet outside of a laboratory." - RP

T

tca300

Ray told me personally, that if PUFA is kept at .5 grams or less per day, as well as low total fat, that you can keep it from accumulating. But westside has a point in that people eating butter, regular coconut oil, eggs, sea food, 1% or higher in fat milk etc.... wont be able to keep it from accumulating.

Well yeah I mean if 0.5g is the equilibrium point, then that's it. I doubt vitamin E or anything else will change that. Of course if you mean "get away with" as in "avoid degenerative diseases" then you have much more space to work with.

OP
R

Ron J

Well yeah I mean if 0.5g is the equilibrium point, then that's it. I doubt vitamin E or anything else will change that. Of course if you mean "get away with" as in "avoid degenerative diseases" then you have much more space to work with.
Good to know. I guess depletion is out of the question. Do you know what my upper limit/range may be, and still be able to avoid degenerative diseases?

T

tca300

@Ron J Avoiding fatty foods, unless its super saturated is the most realistic way most can help themselves in regards to pufa. Most nuts and seeds, as well as their oils, most fish fat, fowl fat, pork fat, unless you know thier diet was heavy in saturated fats. Just do your best while still enjoying your food.

Luann

Do you know what my upper limit/range may be, and still be able to avoid degenerative diseases?

That depends on your antioxidant status and the stress you face.
It's like a game of Bloons. The damage creeps up on you, but you can use time, recovery speed, nutrients to battle back.

Good to know. I guess depletion is out of the question. Do you know what my upper limit/range may be, and still be able to avoid degenerative diseases?

I think Ray Peat would say keeping PUFA under 10g would already put you in a class of your own compared to the majority of modern people, especially as far as later life health is concerned. There should be a quote somewhere I think it was on radio.

@Ron J Avoiding fatty foods, unless its super saturated is the most realistic way most can help themselves in regards to pufa. Most nuts and seeds, as well as their oils, most fish fat, fowl fat, pork fat, unless you know thier diet was heavy in saturated fats. Just do your best while still enjoying your food.

Also agreed... and I bet @Westside PUFAs would agree as well :cool

OP
R

Ron J

I was hoping to eat more eggs due to the cholesterol, price and nutrient content.
Liubo: I'll consider that. Thanks.
Such Saturation: That 10g limit helps. Thank you.
johnwester130: I've read quite a bit about MB, and decided not to try it.
westside: Thanks for the vid. I've never seen it before. Can dermal vit E saturate PUFAs in adipose tissue under the applications? Or perhaps the occasional 30 day diet that haidut posted.
tca300: I avoid all of those except pork meat due to its cheap price.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals