How long should we taste food Hours after eating when burping?

Motif

Kind of feel stupid for asking this , but digestion is a big topic for me.
For example I had a chicken leg five and a half hours ago and yeah - I still can taste it when burping.

Nomane Euger

For example I had a chicken leg five and a half hours ago and yeah - I still can taste it when burping.
Not stupid,I think you shouldn’t taste it at all,when I digest great burps are neutral,no taste,pure gas,no acid no liquid.when the burps have taste and sometimes matter goes up,I have poor digestion

Motif

So you think this would indicate low stomach acid ?
maybe I really should work on that. But it’s a tough topic. I mean how to for example find out how much hcl betaine. I think too much might be dangerous longterm

Nomane Euger

So you think this would indicate low stomach acid ?
maybe I really should work on that. But it’s a tough topic. I mean how to for example find out how much hcl betaine. I think too much might be dangerous longterm
yea i think so,when i have strong digestion i have only one to 2 strong straight neutral burp that come out with out any disconfort,with out any liquid/food taste smell,it digest pretty quickly even meat,2 to 3 hours and i can eat something else with out any problem,when i have poor digestion i have multiples small burps that have a smell and taste relative to what i didnt digest for 4 to 5 hours afterward and up to the day after when its really poor

Motif

It’s not like I’m burping aground like crazy, but over five hours later it was once the case and seems like the chicken was still in my stomach 🤷🏻‍♂️

i will try bitter drops again to meals with more protein and see if this works. I wish there was a reliable test or something that indicates how much drops or hcl betaine one needs.

OccamzRazer

Are there any foods that don't make you burp - foods that you feel like you digest perfectly and feel great after eating?

If so, have you tried eating just these foods for a week or two?

Motif

Are there any foods that don't make you burp - foods that you feel like you digest perfectly and feel great after eating?

If so, have you tried eating just these foods for a week or two?

i don’t have a problem with much burping. I just had to burp hours after that chicken and was already eating something else after and realized that I still got the chicken taste. But the burping is pretty average. Almost never I’d say.

and no; i don’t know what i can digest good and what not. I think fat and protein could both be better.

Problem is my copper deficiency that I can’t get rid of (and zinc) and that caused histamine issues. I barely can’t eat anything without symptoms

frannybananny

It’s not like I’m burping aground like crazy, but over five hours later it was once the case and seems like the chicken was still in my stomach 🤷🏻‍♂️

i will try bitter drops again to meals with more protein and see if this works. I wish there was a reliable test or something that indicates how much drops or hcl betaine one needs.
What might be easier on your digestion system is to just chew 2-3 papaya enzymes after a meal. It really helps me digest food faster (might not be good for someone's blood sugar levels) and more thoroughly. It gives me energy instead of having the "nap" syndrome.

Motif

What might be easier on your digestion system is to just chew 2-3 papaya enzymes after a meal. It really helps me digest food faster (might not be good for someone's blood sugar levels) and more thoroughly. It gives me energy instead of having the "nap" syndrome.
Interesting. What kind of encymes are those ?

reaching

try your best not to drink any liquids 39 minutes before your meal, with your meal, and 2 hours after.
Or like others suggest, enzymes.
Since starting to take tudca, I do not get those tasty burps anymore. But I do take it with every meal. I noticed last night when I didn’t take it and I indulged in a soda with my meal, I was burping and tasting food 3 hours later.

Motif

try your best not to drink any liquids 39 minutes before your meal, with your meal, and 2 hours after.
Or like others suggest, enzymes.
Since starting to take tudca, I do not get those tasty burps anymore. But I do take it with every meal. I noticed last night when I didn’t take it and I indulged in a soda with my meal, I was burping and tasting food 3 hours later.
How much tudca do you take ?

Hans

i don’t have a problem with much burping. I just had to burp hours after that chicken and was already eating something else after and realized that I still got the chicken taste. But the burping is pretty average. Almost never I’d say.
Was it deep-fried chicken? Did you eat it with anything else?

Motif

Burping a lot is a SIBO symptom.

i mean maybe sibo is really my issue. But burping absolutely not. Usually I don’t burp a lot. Barely in general.

but yeah maybe sibo is causing my low zinc copper histamine issues.
I just gave up on sibo treatment , cause it wasn’t helping with those symptoms.

But after many rounds of natural antibiotic stuff like grapeseed extract , oregano oil etc etc etc my yellow coated tongue was gone after many years of that issue and never came back in years.
But everything else did not improve.
honestly what got rid of it was after using CDS. That mms kind Of stuff.
mms itself caused me bad symptoms while I took it for a few days, but cds was decreasing my symptoms a lot but only as long as I was taking it. One day without and everything came back.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Motif

What made my symptoms worse :

most probiotics. Mms, oregano oil, grapeseed extract. Olive leaf extract. „Riziol“.

what improved them but only as long as taking it :

zinc . Copper. CDS, Hydrogen Peroxide , malic acid high dosed. Ascorbic acid but never tried for long . Niacin flush effect.

reaching

How much tudca do you take ?

The one I take lists 4 pills as:
Total bile acids 1000 mg
Conjugated bile acids 945

depending on how much fat I have in a mea, I take two to three pills once or twice a day.
I usually don’t have it for breakfast.

I’ve been taking policosanol (20 mg) at night and sometimes morning as well.