How do I increase vascularity? Seeking a vascular and veiny physique

Dimibo

Hey Gentlemen,

Besides weight loss (working on that), what increases vascularity in a healthy manner? I know that some use N.O. pathways, but not interested in the side effects. Is there another way?

Many healthy and active young men seem to be vascular. They're probably not relying on N.O. synthesis.

@Razvan @haidut

Hey Gentlemen,

Besides weight loss (working on that), what increases vascularity in a healthy manner? I know that some use N.O. pathways, but not interested in the side effects. Is there another way?

Many healthy and active young men seem to be vascular. They're probably not relying on N.O. synthesis.

@Razvan @haidut

First of all, I think lowering body fat is crucial. Other than NO enhancers, I got great results from baking soda (RP says that co2 is the vasodilator). Niacin as well, not niacinamide. Thiamine maybe?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey Gentlemen,

@Razvan @haidut
I've never had good vascularity and also wanted to enhance this for many years. For me, it came down to being consistent with lifting and staying lean. My vascularity is improving year after year. Keeping my androgens high is also helping a lot. Lifting higher reps and higher volume has also been working for that.

In terms of supps, nothing will really give permanent results. In general NO boosters and histamine boosters can help. Try supplementing 3g citrulline, nitate/nitrite and 2g histidine and if you're lean enough, your veins will pop very nicely. Maybe a good NO supp like Neo40 + histidine.

CSH

Forum Supporter
Using the peptide MotsC does this for me.

I recently went from 215 at ~25% bodyfat to 180 ~12% and my vascularity has become insane, it is really night and day. Also, you can do higher repetition (10-30 reps) arm work to increase development of vasculature of the arms.

redsun

Hey Gentlemen,

@Razvan @haidut
You need to optimize all the potential vasodilating signalling molecules as well as reducing vasoconstrictive signals if you want significantly more vascularity. But overall it is indeed mostly due to nitric oxide and to a degree also histamine (activity of H2 receptors varies based on genetics).

Salt is a known to increase pump in the gym partly because it helps increase blood volume as it attracts water to it. It also reduces angiotensin II a potent vasoconstrictive hormone. I would not pound down salt just for this but you should maintain enough salt intake Around 4g a day of sodium. If you sweat a lot you may need more. It reduces Norepinephrine also is an issue if it is high. Lack of sodium in the diet will also raise it but otherwise a very high copper intake could keep NE levels too elevated or just eating very infrequently and low calories. Its a little bit more difficult to affect vasoconstrictive mechanisms directly.

Acetylcholine is generally a vasodilator as it greatly enhances NO synthesis. Histamine and glutamate also act similarly to increase NO synthesis. So histidine does work temporarily for some people. Genetic differences affect this strongly though so some people genetically have more histamine receptor activity for example and this will give them more vasodilation naturally without even trying. Histamine (via H2 receptors) and epinephrine (via Beta 2 receptors) but increase vasodilation through the same mechanisms.

The prostaglandins also increase vasodilation. Zinc is a positive allosteric modulator of the beta 2 receptor so it will increase its activity and its also a GABA antagonist which would increase glutamate activity and thus NO synthesis. Zinc should be consumed from food like red meats on a daily basis. It is safer this way as to not cause problems with other metals like iron and copper. NO synthesis is dependent on iron, riboflavin, folate but generally in men iron is not lacking. Vitamin C also enhances nitric oxide.

So some things you can do in terms of diet long term are getting more choline in the diet (800-1g), eating lots of meat (especially red and dark meat which are highest iron and zinc) as it the best source of arginine, the precursor to nitric oxide, getting plenty of salt, make sure to get enough vitamin C. Folate and vitamin C rich foods may be helpful.

Lambro18

Such as the info that @redsun mentioned, vitamin C and garlic have been shown to improve blood flow. In fact, combining vitamin C with garlic can improve blood flow by up to 200%, thus improving one's vascularity.

Sampa

Low bodyfat
Testosterone
Ibutamoren / Hgh
Pdei5 + folic acid + picnogenol + L citriline + beet juice
Carb cycling

LadyRae

Hey Gentlemen,

@Razvan @haidut
Low body fat!

Attachments

• IMG_20220807_130543400.jpg
    IMG_20220807_130543400.jpg
    560.7 KB · Views: 57
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals