HOCD. Any fix?

motleyadams

Hi forum. I'm a 17 year old male. I've suffered with OCD my whole life. Namely BDD OCD and OCD involving cancer, sickness etc.

Recently I've had terrible HOCD. HOCD stands for homosexual obsessive compulsive disorder. It's essentially the fear of being homosexual.

I'm not a homosexual. I am not homophobic.

I don't need reassurance. I know who I am. I'm not here for that.

I'm here to ask. How to fix OCD? Through diet, lifestyle etc. I find after eating a high carb meal it lessens. Along with coffee. Any tips?

youngsinatra

Hi forum. I'm a 17 year old male. I've suffered with OCD my whole life. Namely BDD OCD and OCD involving cancer, sickness etc.

Recently I've had terrible HOCD. HOCD stands for homosexual obsessive compulsive disorder. It's essentially the fear of being homosexual.

I'm here to ask. How to fix OCD? Through diet, lifestyle etc. I find after eating a high carb meal it lessens. Along with coffee. Any tips?
Common symptoms of undermethylation are a history of high accomplishment, perfectionism, obsessive compulsive tendencies, and ritualistic behaviors. Most people with symptoms of undermethylation are highly motivated and have addictive personalities. Patients who have been diagnosed with OCD are likely undermethylated. Undermethylation occurs when too few methyl molecules are available to add to enzymes, hormones, and neurotransmitters as well as to DNA itself. This influences physiological and psychiatric issues such as mood, memory, concentration, and sleep.

Undermethylated patients have a genetic tendency to be very depressed in calcium, magnesium, methionine, choline, riboflavin, B12 and B6, with potential excessive levels of folic acid. Undermethylated patients may benefit from Paxil, Zoloft, and other serotonin-enhancing medications, although nasty side effects are common. A more natural approach is to directly correct the underlying problem using methionine, calcium, magnesium, and other vital nutrients designed to treat their undermethylation disorder.

Last edited:
OP
M

motleyadams

Common symptoms of undermethylation are a history of high accomplishment, perfectionism, obsessive compulsive tendencies, and ritualistic behaviors. Most people with symptoms of undermethylation are highly motivated and have addictive personalities. Patients who have been diagnosed with OCD are likely undermethylated. Undermethylation occurs when too few methyl molecules are available to add to enzymes, hormones, and neurotransmitters as well as to DNA itself. This influences physiological and psychiatric issues such as mood, memory, concentration, and sleep.

Undermethylated patients have a genetic tendency to be very depressed in calcium, magnesium, methionine, choline, riboflavin, B12 and B6, with potential excessive levels of folic acid. Undermethylated patients may benefit from Paxil, Zoloft, and other serotonin-enhancing medications, although nasty side effects are common. A more natural approach is to directly correct the underlying problem using methionine, calcium, magnesium, and other vital nutrients designed to treat their undermethylation disorder.
Thank you!

I would recommend lots of Magnesium , Calcium , and I am going to out of a limb and say Pregnenolone. It seems to be really good for clearing phobias- at least for me. Another out of the box suggestion for you is marijuana , and or mushrooms ( small doses ) bc both of those kind of take you to a whole different place in your brain to " work out things ". xx

redsun

Most mental disorders are related to excess norepinephrine (like anxiety/panic disorders), but OCD is one of the exceptions (along with ADHD, which is also dopamine related) where its mainly a low brain norepinephrine problem which basically makes it impossible to control your thoughts and allow you to center yourself. Norepinephrine is important for prefrontal cortex activation and activation of dopaminergic regions in the brain and allows you to center yourself. This is why caffeine (coffee) helps as it increases norepinephrine. You could be low in copper and thus you dont have much brain noradrenaline.

Your best bet is to eat beef liver in this case which is the highest sources of bioavailable copper available. If your low NE is due to lack of bioavailable copper then this will work quickly. Other treatment options is other stimulants like caffeine like ADHD meds (ritalin, adderall). Of course these are much stronger medicines but the principle is the same (NE enhancement in the brain, while DA helps OCD to a lesser extent). Or you could just have more caffeine. But the idea is if you can increase norepinephrine synthesis in the brain (if its due to low brain copper), these stimulants will become even more effective in controlling your thoughts.

Not saying you should take medicine just making a point but here it shows SSRIs being ineffective for OCD in 40-60% of cases but when norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor was used for in this case it successfully treated this patient.

"Improvement in OCD symptoms after clonidine significantly correlated with GH response to clonidine, suggesting specific noradrenergic mediation. This finding lends only partial support for a primary defect of noradrenergic function in OCD."

OP
M

motleyadams

Most mental disorders are related to excess norepinephrine (like anxiety/panic disorders), but OCD is one of the exceptions (along with ADHD, which is also dopamine related) where its mainly a low brain norepinephrine problem which basically makes it impossible to control your thoughts and allow you to center yourself. Norepinephrine is important for prefrontal cortex activation and activation of dopaminergic regions in the brain and allows you to center yourself. This is why caffeine (coffee) helps as it increases norepinephrine. You could be low in copper and thus you dont have much brain noradrenaline.

Your best bet is to eat beef liver in this case which is the highest sources of bioavailable copper available. If your low NE is due to lack of bioavailable copper then this will work quickly. Other treatment options is other stimulants like caffeine like ADHD meds (ritalin, adderall). Of course these are much stronger medicines but the principle is the same (NE enhancement in the brain, while DA helps OCD to a lesser extent). Or you could just have more caffeine. But the idea is if you can increase norepinephrine synthesis in the brain (if its due to low brain copper), these stimulants will become even more effective in controlling your thoughts.

Not saying you should take medicine just making a point but here it shows SSRIs being ineffective for OCD in 40-60% of cases but when norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor was used for in this case it successfully treated this patient.

"Improvement in OCD symptoms after clonidine significantly correlated with GH response to clonidine, suggesting specific noradrenergic mediation. This finding lends only partial support for a primary defect of noradrenergic function in OCD."
Wow!!! Amazing. Really incredible. I'm indebted to you. Thank you so much.

OP
M

motleyadams

How many times a week should I consume beef liver?

redsun

How many times a week should I consume beef liver?

Consume a large chunk as much as you can stomach once in a sitting. Usually in stores they sell them in vacuum sealed pieces around 4 oz or so raw. I think around that much is a good amount to start so you can observe the difference. It will take a few hours and you should be able to observe a difference if this is what you need. But keep in mind your alpha adrenergic receptors (which NE mainly binds to in the brain) are super sensitive so you may feel manic until your receptors downregulate. But this is good and means its working. So if it does work and this is what you need, You should consume it once a week for quite a while. I am not sure of the time table of course. Its hard to say but if you need you can quite away with consuming a lot of liver.

EDIT: Make sure its adult beef liver not calf as the adult one has more.

Last edited:

youngsinatra

@redsun giving out dope advice, as always. Thank you for your participation in this forum! Greatly appreciate every post of you.

What would you recommend for excessive NE? I'd guess it would be zinc, right?

redsun

@redsun giving out dope advice, as always. Thank you for your participation in this forum! Greatly appreciate every post of you.

What would you recommend for excessive NE? I'd guess it would be zinc, right?
Thanks man. Cholinergics usually are enough to control NE since acetylcholine is the main antagonist of it. Also dopamine, gaba stuff. Zinc generally improves all this stuff thats why it can help lower NE. But of course there other things you can do like B-vitamins especially B1. If you are b1 deficient your ability to make Ach is compromised and will cause a dysautonomic state where NE is uncontrolled and can give NE excess type symptoms.

Last edited:
OP
M

motleyadams

Consume a large chunk as much as you can stomach once in a sitting. Usually in stores they sell them in vacuum sealed pieces around 4 oz or so raw. I think around that much is a good amount to start so you can observe the difference. It will take a few hours and you should be able to observe a difference if this is what you need. But keep in mind your alpha adrenergic receptors (which NE mainly binds to in the brain) are super sensitive so you may feel manic until your receptors downregulate. But this is good and means its working. So if it does work and this is what you need, You should consume it once a week for quite a while. I am not sure of the time table of course. Its hard to say but if you need you can quite away with consuming a lot of liver.

EDIT: Make sure its adult beef liver not calf as the adult one has more.
Going to buy the beef liver tomorrow.

Just wanna reiterate. Coffee seriously helps OCD. Almost no issue. Shame because most mainstream articles says it's bad due to it increasing anxiety.

redsun

Going to buy the beef liver tomorrow.

Just wanna reiterate. Coffee seriously helps OCD. Almost no issue. Shame because most mainstream articles says it's bad due to it increasing anxiety.
That's good that it is so effective for you. Maybe others seeing this post can know to try coffee for OCD for some quicker relief.

youngsinatra

Please keep us updated. Beef liver is a nutrient-powerhouse - it contains bioavailable copper, retinol, folate, B12, methionine and choline which should help with undermethylation.

Rock_V

@redsun Is it possible that high glutamate foods like aged cheese (parmesan) could potentially make OCD like symptoms worse?

viajero

I’d employ some of the great suggestions here. Also do Exposure and Response Prevention therapy with a therapist who is specialized in it. Most talk therapies don’t work for OCD but this one does.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals