High Protein Diet Prevents & Reverses Fatty Liver Disease (steatosis)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Okay thanks!

BTW if you eat a normal diet ,which is more like 3000 calories on this forum you need about 262 g of protein to prevent NAFLD, which is kind of insane given the amount you had to eat.
So I will try to get as close to 200g as possible but nothing more than that. Just doesn't sound healthy to me...

There are other studies showing high-carb, low fat, diet is also good for NAFLD. I think 200g+ protein daily is too much unless the person is a giant linebacker composed of mostly muscle.

Mauritio

There are other studies showing high-carb, low fat, diet is also good for NAFLD. I think 200g+ protein daily is too much unless the person is a giant linebacker composed of mostly muscle.
Shouldn't high protein ,high carb, low fat be the best combination for NAFLD then?

For people who try this: Thiamine also reduces ammonia in higher doses
Thiamine Reduces Both Lactate And Ammonia

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Shouldn't high protein ,high carb, low fat be the best combination for NAFLD then?

For people who try this: Thiamine also reduces ammonia in higher doses
Thiamine Reduces Both Lactate And Ammonia

I think high carb, moderate protein, low fat would be the safest for liver issues. High protein in people with liver issues can lead to ammonia toxicity.

Mauritio

I think high carb, moderate protein, low fat would be the safest for liver issues. High protein in people with liver issues can lead to ammonia toxicity.
So for a moderate protein consumption you would shoot for 100-150g of protein for the average person?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So for a moderate protein consumption you would shoot for 100-150g of protein for the average person?

A better formula would be about 1g/kg of bodyweight but probably no more than 1.5g/kg if the person has known liver issues.

Kartoffel

A better formula would be about 1g/kg of bodyweight but probably no more than 1.5g/kg if the person has known liver issues.

Do you know how much protein you are averaging per day? Do you tend to get most of it in one or two larger meals or with more frequent snacks?
I personally find that I can tolerate much more protein when I have one or two large, satisfying portions of meat/cheese and have some sweet snacks w/o protein in between.

Wagner83

Interesting, so if one eats starch (tubers..) and low fat very little animal products would be needed, at least regarding proteins intake, that would limit expanses, ungrateful amino-acids as well as ingesting tissue loaded up with bad memories.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals