HELP !! Can Pregnenolone raises my anxiety ?

French.cat

Forum Supporter
Hi everyone

(I’ m French)

I’ve started « peating » 10 days ago to help my metabolism healing after 15 years of depression anxiety severe insomnia and eating disorders… well, everything were going great after only a couple of days until I take my Pregnenolone supplement. I took it this morning (50 mg) and woaw…. I’m actually in a state of severe anxiety with neck pain (that is how I recognize my anxiety levee). I am so pissed about this situation. I was planning to work on a personal project at Starbucks with my bro and I just had to leave the place because anxiety brought me to tears 😭

Does Anyone here can relate to me ?

I also bought thyroid glandular and was supposed to carry on with supplementation but I am afraid of the consequences !! 😱

Help please 🙏

Peatful

“In the absence of good metabolism, anything can be dangerous”. RP

Haven’t read your first two threads- the depression and body composition ones-
I’m sure someone recommended preg there?

Anyway
Stop taking it
Concentrate on food as medicine…

Disclaimer:
My opinion
This is not medical advice

OP
French.cat

French.cat

Forum Supporter
“In the absence of good metabolism, anything can be dangerous”. RP

Haven’t read your first two threads- the depression and body composition ones-
I’m sure someone recommended preg there?

Anyway
Stop taking it
Concentrate on food as medicine…

Disclaimer:
My opinion
This is not medical advice
What a loss of money 😭 I have desiccated thyroid at home and few other vitamins. I will just keep b1 and magnesium I guess …

youngsinatra

For me personally, pregnenolone gives me high-cortisol symptoms - heart pounding, hair loss (that’s not an issue for me at all otherwise!), noticable agitation, sleep disturbance and feeling on edge/stressed out.

Peatful

What a loss of money 😭 I have desiccated thyroid at home and few other vitamins. I will just keep b1 and magnesium I guess …
I personally recommend a blank slate

Get your foundation strong with good nutrition
Then add in slowly
Judiciously
Minimally
Add supplements

Supplements are meant to SUPPLEMENT your diet
Ray speaks of one dose being therapeutic
Not bottles…

As an aside
You are the authority of your health
You are your expert
Your body is telling YOU what you need
Don’t outsource your health to me or anyone else
Take that authority back in your life!

My best to you pretty french girl

youngsinatra

7DA2F961-9C3D-4580-9E0B-D96539B462F8.png

OP
French.cat

French.cat

Forum Supporter
I personally recommend a blank slate

Get your foundation strong with good nutrition
Then add in slowly
Judiciously
Minimally
Add supplements

Supplements are meant to SUPPLEMENT your diet
Ray speaks of one dose being therapeutic
Not bottles…

As an aside
You are the authority of your health
You are your expert
Your body is telling YOU what you need
Don’t outsource your health to me or anyone else
Take that authority back in your life!

My best to you pretty french girl
Yes I know. But I would have never imagine only 50 mg of preg could do so much harm…. I read tons of infos on this hormone before taking it. And the dose is supposed to be relatively low 🤷‍♀️
I am done with it ! I will only rely on magnesium and maybe B1… or just magnesium I dunno

I feel better now cause I am eating eggs, lot of OJ and sourdough bread with butter and jam

Thanks for the « pretty french » but I don’t look that pretty with severe anxiety put on my face !!

Jennifer

But I would have never imagine only 50 mg of preg could do so much harm

Ray warned that supplements can have impurities from the manufacturing process so even if pregnenolone seems safe on paper, we can react to the supplement itself. I agree with Peatful. You have a nutritional debt to pay off so maybe spend your supplement budget on delicious milk, cheese, OJ, sourdough, scallops etc.? I’m glad you’re feeling better with some food in you. :)

OP
French.cat

French.cat

Forum Supporter
Ray warned that supplements can have impurities from the manufacturing process so even if pregnenolone seems safe on paper, we can react to the supplement itself. I agree with Peatful. You have a nutritional debt to pay off so maybe spend your supplement budget on delicious milk, cheese, OJ, sourdough, scallops etc.? I’m glad you’re feeling better with some food in you. :)
Thanks for the answer … That’s really nice of you 🙏 I bought thyroid vitamine B1 and preg…but I don’t feel it is the right time to take them indeed
You spoke well : I have a nutritional debt to pay off ! Good Nutrition (collagen included) costs me around 90 euros per week. It think it’s the minimum budget for me, also because I am eating a lot now. To feed me properly and calm stress hormones I need almost 3000 calories which is huge !! That explains the price of my groceries haha

Your support means a lot to me Jennifer, thanks again from the bottom of my heart.

-Luke-

What product did you use? The one from MRM Nutrition (if I remember correctly someone mentioned it in your other thread)?

OP
French.cat

French.cat

Forum Supporter
What product did you use? The one from MRM Nutrition (if I remember correctly someone mentioned it in your other thread)?
Those are the supplements I bought from Iherb. I only tried pregnenolone as mentioned early on, but I think I'm done with them... I'll try again in maybe 6 months.
Do you have something to tell me about those brands ?

Attachments

• supplements.jpg
    supplements.jpg
    766.5 KB · Views: 34

-Luke-

Those are the supplements I bought from Iherb. I only tried pregnenolone as mentioned early on, but I think I'm done with them... I'll try again in maybe 6 months.
Do you have something to tell me about those brands ?
No, I don't have any experience with the products in your picture. Although the life extension pregnenolone also has a few dubious ingredients.

I tried the pregnenolone from MRM at the end of last / beginning of this year (it only has rice flour as an additional ingredient). Same dose and my experience was similar to yours (increased stress). I tried a lower dose (10-15 mg) and didn't have a bad experience with that dose, but also not a beneficial one.

Could be impurities, could be that pregnenolone isn't for us at this point.

cs3000

Yeah i noticed the same makes me feel stressed at a range of doses, maybe its a sign you already have enough

It raises DHEA which can create this effect for people who don't need it. In older people bringing dhea back up to youth levels can help relieve depression nicely restore immunity etc ,
but i think in younger people these can do the opposite. especially if history of depression / anxiety because it has some serotonin function in DRN region + they both inhibit gaba receptors which is no good for anxiety when balance is tipped

should go back to typical level within a couple days of stopping
maybe best to start on smaller effective end of supps, so u can judge individual effects & avoid big reactions before trying higher

Shouldnt be same problem with thyroid but would rather use t3;t4 combo instead if youre treating hypothyroid (can control the dose then, & half of thyroid gland supps dont have detectable levels apparently , and some countries dont allow hormones in them. but i guess you can experiment with dose by body temp changes if have to)

Last edited:

Dave Clark

Perhaps a lower dose would work better for you, 50 mg can effect some people strongly. Here is a low dose option, with info and a chart to show how pregnenolone converts into other compounds:

youngsinatra

I also have used this particular thyroid glandular supplement. On the producer’s website you can find a analysis that states that it contains ~8 mcg T4, and ~1 mcg of T3 per capsule.

OP
French.cat

French.cat

Forum Supporter
I also have used this particular thyroid glandular supplement. On the producer’s website you can find a analysis that states that it contains ~8 mcg T4, and ~1 mcg of T3 per capsule.
Do you mean this one ? And how did you react ? I don't know if I have a thyroid problem actually... I've bought that under influence.
What a weak French cat I am ! 😒
My TSH is at 2.8 and Ray said that above 1 is a pretty good sign that you have hypo, so I was ready to give that a try but after my preg experience this morning I am afraid to swallow that stuff... An hour ago I had B1 (100 mg) and magnesium with my afternoon snack and don't seem to react to B vitamin, so it's a good point !
I make efforts to raise up my metabolism and get out of longlife anxiety+depression as you already know... And my preg' issue this morning crashed me so hard that I have not been able to function properly since 11 am .... 😭

The thing is, with only HUGE amont of calories (I consume about 3000 calories a day) coming from proper nutrition made of milk, OJ, meat, dates, eggs cheese fruits and rice crispies (coco pops) I was feeling really ok. Not the greatest but in only 10 days I 've seen good improvement on my sleep and almost NO ANXIETY.

So f*** the preg', I'm telling you ...

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-09-09 à 17.11.24.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-09-09 à 17.11.24.png
    337.9 KB · Views: 7

youngsinatra

Do you mean this one ? And how did you react ? I don't know if I have a thyroid problem actually... I've bought that under influence.
What a weak French cat I am ! 😒
My TSH is at 2.8 and Ray said that above 1 is a pretty good sign that you have hypo, so I was ready to give that a try but after my preg experience this morning I am afraid to swallow that stuff... An hour ago I had B1 (100 mg) and magnesium with my afternoon snack and don't seem to react to B vitamin, so it's a good point !
I make efforts to raise up my metabolism and get out of longlife anxiety+depression as you already know... And my preg' issue this morning crashed me so hard that I have not been able to function properly since 11 am .... 😭

The thing is, with only HUGE amont of calories (I consume about 3000 calories a day) coming from proper nutrition made of milk, OJ, meat, dates, eggs cheese fruits and rice crispies (coco pops) I was feeling really ok. Not the greatest but in only 10 days I 've seen good improvement on my sleep and almost NO ANXIETY.

So f*** the preg', I'm telling you ...
Yes I used this one for 2 months or so.

I would try the diet, lifestyle and supplement route first before taking thyroid. Chronic stress (high cortisol) due to chronic undereating, low carb, intense exercise, stressful work situation, psychological stress (and so much more) can elevate the TSH and cause thyroid dysfunction.

Magnesium is a powerful supplement for lowering cortisol and ACTH in my opinion. One of the best actually. It also is needed for T4 -> T3 conversion.

I think that you need to find a form that works best for you. I don’t do well with glycinate, because it makes me feel bit weird mentally and heavily fatigued, but I do well with malate.

Magnesium is also a well-known quick-acting anti-depressant:

margo

Hi everyone

(I’ m French)

I’ve started « peating » 10 days ago to help my metabolism healing after 15 years of depression anxiety severe insomnia and eating disorders… well, everything were going great after only a couple of days until I take my Pregnenolone supplement. I took it this morning (50 mg) and woaw…. I’m actually in a state of severe anxiety with neck pain (that is how I recognize my anxiety levee). I am so pissed about this situation. I was planning to work on a personal project at Starbucks with my bro and I just had to leave the place because anxiety brought me to tears 😭

Does Anyone here can relate to me ?

I also bought thyroid glandular and was supposed to carry on with supplementation but I am afraid of the consequences !! 😱

Help please 🙏
Hiya. I’ve tried pregnenolone and had terrible bleeding. It converts in to esteogen in not healthy bodies. I’m a women 43 yo. I use progesterone. It’s brilliant for women.

OP
French.cat

French.cat

Forum Supporter
Hiya. I’ve tried pregnenolone and had terrible bleeding. It converts in to esteogen in not healthy bodies. I’m a women 43 yo. I use progesterone. It’s brilliant for women.
Thanks for sharing your experience Margo ! I'll try that when my diet will be stable for at least 3 or 4 month. I'm only day 11.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals