My Anxiety Is Crippling - Pregnenolone?

lyfe

welcome everybody,

I am new to the peat diet and doing my best to apply everything with my limited knowledge and tight budget. My anxiety and depression has gotten better since eaten more sugar - contrary to what I would have ever expected after being told that neglecting sugar is good for reducing anxiety. Anyways I am 30 years old and my social anxiety is really ruining my life. I am working with a therapist and it’s helping - but I want to know if there are any supplements that can help lower the stress/cortisol levels in my body, as I am always In fight or flight mode. I read somewhere that peat said that Pregnenolone can help lower cortisol ? Is this true ? And can men take this ?

In case you are wondering if I currently take anything - I take vitamin d , selenium , magnesium , and am starting cascara soon. I also take a multi vitamin a few times a week

bromuda

Aspirin and sodium helps me, I've heard people having success with pregnenolone. Peat has talked about how a b6 deficiency can cause anxiety.

OP
lyfe

lyfe

Aspirin and sodium helps me, I've heard people having success with pregnenolone. Peat has talked about how a b6 deficiency can cause anxiety.
Thanks for the input Bromuda! If you don't mind me asking - how much aspirin do you take daily? I have never tried it and am curious. I know peat talks about it in high esteem, I just havent gotten around to purchasing any yet.

bromuda

Thanks for the input Bromuda! If you don't mind me asking - how much aspirin do you take daily? I have never tried it and am curious. I know peat talks about it in high esteem, I just havent gotten around to purchasing any yet.
Usually one 500mg tablet dissolved in water. But if you take aspirin you also need to get adequate vit k2 other than that it's a very safe supplement to try out.

The main effect from aspirin is from lowering cortisol but I think social anxiety is very situational and can probably be mitigated by exposing oneself to the thing that triggers it. But having good physiology obviously helps solving it.

Runenight201

in my experience anxiety has always been a systemic condition caused through improper nourishment. Ensuring that I’m well fed with nutritious foods such as meat, soups, rice, milk, cheese, etc... ground me and erase anxiety. I for the most part had social anxiety since a teenager, and all the CBT in the world doesn’t do anything to touch what’s in my opinion a physical condition caused through malnourishment. I don’t feel a shred of anxiety when I’ve eaten correctly, only grounded innate confidence in myself.

I think temporarily addressing crippling anxiety with things like magnesium/CBD/etc... could be helpful, but ive experienced CBD impeding optimal cognitive function. Magnesium provides a nice calm relaxative state, but prevents me from maximizing my energy utilization and entering into creative, spontaneous explosive energy states.

So yes, supplements can help lower cortisol, but even more powerful in my opinion is a proper diet, and then use supplements to tweak and address any slightly maligned feelings and states.

intotheether

Definitely pursue a strongly supportive diet in line with Ray's work.

In addition, you can promote serious healing of the underlying emotional state that drives anxiety through a blend of acceptance (see the work of Dr. Claire Weekes, it's free on YouTube) and intellectual distraction (hobbies, TV shows, music, basically stimulate the brain).

It also takes a long time to lower anxiety. My recovery started about 6 months ago, but that is after I tried for about 3.5 years using methods and programs.

Generally my recommendation would be put energy into diet (Peat) and acceptance (Dr. Weekes) and give it 6 months to a year.

erho

Even though I don’t struggle with social anxiety, I actually noticed myself becoming more social after taking L-Theanine. I didnt hesitate as much to open a conversation, and didnt leave conversations feeling horrible and brooding over mistakes.

I think aspirin is really useful, especially in the morning, because it lowers stress and together with caffeine imitates thyroid.

lampofred

I think a high body temperature/brain temperature might help with anxiety. Assuming it's a more "superficial" kind of anxiety as opposed to a result of a stressful childhood or something.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals