Healthnatura K2 Through Skin ?

Bogdar

Hello,

I was wondering if "True K2" from Healthnatura would be effective for transdermal application. It is only MK4 dissolved in MCT oil. Couldn't find a proper answer with the search tool.

It would be easier for me to take it through skin than waiting a high fat meal. Also, if the answer is negative or the absorption is too low, would it be corrected if I apply the K2 at the same spot I apply Magnoil which is dissolved in DMSO ? Would DMSO directly enhance True K2 transdermal absorption ?

Thanks

milk_lover

I think 20 to 25% would be absorbed. So if you apply 4 drops, you will get around 1 drop worth of vitamin K in your system.

I take K2 topically all the time.

I think it is well absorbed when accompanied by vitamin E.

It is a myth that they “oppose” each other. It works great topically, with E liquid. Sometimes I mix the K2 with Progest-E which has the E in it of course, and progesterone, which I enjoy.

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

I think 20 to 25% would be absorbed. So if you apply 4 drops, you will get around 1 drop worth of vitamin K in your system.
Where did you get these number from ? Have you tried it ?

I take K2 topically all the time.

I think it is well absorbed when accompanied by vitamin E.

It is a myth that they “oppose” each other. It works great topically, with E liquid. Sometimes I mix the K2 with Progest-E which has the E in it of course, and progesterone, which I enjoy.
I don't have vitamin E to go with it. Do you feel any effect topically ? At first I could feel effects from K2, then I became less serious and forgot to take the K2 during meals etc. Now I can't identify a single effect from it, thus why I'd like to try topically. I could be wrong but when we say "they oppose each other" it's more in a digestion transport manner than in a function manner ? Like if you ingest too much E your body can absorb enough of the others due to dilution.

milk_lover

Usually fat soluble vitamins dissolved in MCT or any fat really are absorbed 25%. This is what Peat said and many other members on the forum.

I don't have vitamin E to go with it. Do you feel any effect topically ? At first I could feel effects from K2, then I became less serious and forgot to take the K2 during meals etc. Now I can't identify a single effect from it, thus why I'd like to try topically. I could be wrong but when we say "they oppose each other" it's more in a digestion transport manner than in a function manner ? Like if you ingest too much E your body can absorb enough of the others due to dilution.

I know it works. I take aspirin sometimes 2g or 3g over a day and I know the K2 is absorbed because the aspirin does not cause bleeding, which it otherwise does.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Would DMSO directly enhance True K2 transdermal absorption ?

DMSO does not mix well with oils. So, I would not use Magnoil with other products in an attempt to increase absorption unless those other products they were using only DMSO or ethanol as solvent.

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

Usually fat soluble vitamins dissolved in MCT or any fat really are absorbed 25%. This is what Peat said and many other members on the forum.
Ok, thank you !

I know it works. I take aspirin sometimes 2g or 3g over a day and I know the K2 is absorbed because the aspirin does not cause bleeding, which it otherwise does.
Thanks for sharing. Lol honestly I thought only K1 would thicken the blood... I have a genetic mutation which make me massively overproduce platelets and thus overthicken my blood (that's what they say). Maybe I should reconsider vitamin K

is gums counted as topical ?
I guess yes, as long as we're not talking about rubbing DMSO on gums (not sure if it is a good idea?).

DMSO does not mix well with oils. So, I would not use Magnoil with other products in an attempt to increase absorption unless those other products they were using only DMSO or ethanol as solvent.
Thank you haidut.

Razvan

Ok, thank you !

Thanks for sharing. Lol honestly I thought only K1 would thicken the blood... I have a genetic mutation which make me massively overproduce platelets and thus overthicken my blood (that's what they say). Maybe I should reconsider vitamin K

I guess yes, as long as we're not talking about rubbing DMSO on gums (not sure if it is a good idea?).

Thank you haidut.

@Bogdar are you still following the carnivore diet ? I saw it in a thread.

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

@Bogdar are you still following the carnivore diet ? I saw it in a thread.
Not anymore. Not that I wouldn't like to. It was between a Vonderplanitz and a carnivore diet since I was also drinking lot of milk which gave me sugar, along with all the prots & fats I had with beef & butter.
Cascade of bad events happened starting by a bad quality spoiled raw milk. To stay short, exams, coffee, and intoxication did not go well together and I ended up so sick I had to retreat and stop the diet since I now live with someone.

Kray

Hello,

I was wondering if "True K2" from Healthnatura would be effective for transdermal application. It is only MK4 dissolved in MCT oil. Couldn't find a proper answer with the search tool.

It would be easier for me to take it through skin than waiting a high fat meal. Also, if the answer is negative or the absorption is too low, would it be corrected if I apply the K2 at the same spot I apply Magnoil which is dissolved in DMSO ? Would DMSO directly enhance True K2 transdermal absorption ?

Thanks

Would taking the K2 (maybe with vit E as described above) under the tongue give better absorption than on outer skin? Anyone here know?

Kray

Thanks for quick response- needing to buy some K2 and would prefer to use topically or sublingually. The one I've been using is oil-based and is pretty good dosage per drop but is it a waste to have to take so much more for optimal absorption? Is it better to apply or take orally? Not sure about that either.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals