00:00 - Intro
00:44 - Before & After Hair
02:24 - My Current Supplement Routine
02:54 - My Wellness Activities
03:54 - #1 Collagen
04:23 - #2 Fisetin
05:35 - #3 Cold Shower Therapy
06:40 - Grey Hair Reversing

I have been doing the cold shower rinse at the end of my warm shower, for about 10 years. I listed it at the beginning of this thread. It makes a such big difference in my skin and hair. I NEVER skip a day. It is hard to do on cold winter mornings, but it is worth it.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This video was really slow with her repeating herself a lot, but I like the idea for a natural way of cleaning the hair. I ordered the clay and cold pressed jojoba, so I am anxious to try this old fashioned way of caring for hair. I wonder what the apple cider vinegar to water ratio is?
So I tried just the clay wash today and it wasn’t good for my hair, just by itself. Firstly I mixed the water and clay and put it on in the shower with my scalp wet, and dunked the length of my hair in the mixture too. I massaged it all in well and rinsed it and it felt like it wasn’t squeaky clean. This is probably where the apple cider vinegar rinse probably would help that, but I just wanted test the clay by itself. I didn’t use any conditioner or anything else blow drying my hair took twice as long cause my hair felt so darned thick and heavy. When my hair finally reached almost dry it had so much static cling, which was not usual, and was awful. I do think that if I had curly hair and weren’t intending to blow dry it, the clay by itself could be really good for that type of hair. Next time I will apply the mixture on dry hair and then rinse it out and follow up with the vinegar rinse and see if that will work for my hair routine.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In the l960s, Hartroft and Porta gave an elegant argument for decreasing the ratio of unsaturated oil to saturated oil in the diet (and thus in the tissues). They showed that the "age pigment" is produced in proportion to the ratio of oxidants to antioxidants, multiplied by the ratio of unsaturated oils to saturated oils. More recently, a variety of studies have demonstrated that ultraviolet light induces peroxidation in unsaturated fats, but not saturated fats, and that this occurs in the skin as well as in vitro. Rabbit experiments, and studies of humans, showed that the amount of unsaturated oil in the diet strongly affects the rate at which aged, wrinkled skin develops. The unsaturated fat in the skin is a major target for the aging and carcinogenic effects of ultraviolet light, though not necessarily the only one.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
So I tried just the clay wash today and it wasn’t good for my hair, just by itself. Firstly I mixed the water and clay and put it on in the shower with my scalp wet, and dunked the length of my hair in the mixture too. I massaged it all in well and rinsed it and it felt like it wasn’t squeaky clean. This is probably where the apple cider vinegar rinse probably would help that, but I just wanted test the clay by itself. I didn’t use any conditioner or anything else blow drying my hair took twice as long cause my hair felt so darned thick and heavy. When my hair finally reached almost dry it had so much static cling, which was not usual, and was awful. I do think that if I had curly hair and weren’t intending to blow dry it, the clay by itself could be really good for that type of hair. Next time I will apply the mixture on dry hair and then rinse it out and follow up with the vinegar rinse and see if that will work for my hair routine.

“Rhassoul clay is part of the smectite family of clays (along with bentonite), which means it has an ability to expand when exposed to a liquid. Also called ghassoul clay, red clay, and red Moroccan clay (it boasts a reddish-brown hue), it's formed from volcanic ash at the Atlas mountain range in Morocco.

"The name is derived from the Arabic word for washing, rassali," adds board-certified dermatologist Ava Shamban, M.D., founder of SKINFIVE, as it was primarily used as a cleansing soap in a number of cultures. Not to mention, the clay is chock-full of different minerals; in fact, "Rhassoul has the largest variety of minerals in the clay family," notes Shamban (think silica, potassium, calcium, iron, and magnesium).”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Rhassoul clay vs. bentonite clay vs. kaolin clay.

It's a common question: What's the difference between rhassoul clay and the other popular clays out there—namely, bentonite and kaolin clays? Well, many of the distinctions have to do with the source and makeup of the clay itself: "Most of the differences between the various clays depends on the location it's derived from, composition, and particle size," says Robinson. "This variation can affect the color and mineral content." (Read: Since Rhassoul clay comes from Morocco, it has a slightly different mineral content and trace elements than bentonite and kaolin, which stem from France and China, respectively.)

And while all three options can effectively draw oil and impurities from the skin and scalp, they do so with varying degrees of absorption. Bentonite clay is the most absorbent of the trio, making it ideal for oily and acne-prone skin; rhassoul clay, with its honeycomb structure, is a happy middle ground—absorbent, but not too stripping (those with drier skin may find that bentonite clay draws too much moisture). Kaolin clay has the least absorption, Shamban notes, as the structure is fenestrated; that's why kaolin clay "is one of the mildest options" to slather on skin, says board-certified dermatologist Lauren E. Adams, M.D., about clay masks.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Aluminum can be ingested through food but also absorbed dermally (through for example, antiperspirants with aluminum) (ATSDR 2008). Higher levels of aluminum are present in breast tissues – particularly in the upper outer quadrant or the site of 53% of breast cancer (Darbre 2016). Aluminum leads to genetic instability as well as the over-proliferation of normal breast cells. Likewise, the metal increases the migration and invasion of breast cancer cells (Darbre 2016). As a metalloestrogen, aluminum also mimics estrogen in the body.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Yet another common and "benign" cosmetic procedures has now been demonstrated to be actually quite dangerous. Prior studies have already demonstrated that hair dyes, makeup, botox, nail polish, and even essential oil therapy all have toxic side effects that in the long run can cause serious health issues, both locally and systemically. The study below now demonstrates that the widely used "gel" manicure procedure is cytotoxic, genotoxic, mitotoxic, and ultimately carcinogenic. More specifically, it was the UV-emitting devices, used to harden the manicures that caused all of these toxic effects, despite the brief exposure of the hands/fingers to the UV light. The toxicity of UV light to human skin cells has been known for decades, especially in cells abundant in PUFA, though nobody expected that UV light would display toxicity after even brief exposures (15-20 minutes). “

J.R.K

“Yet another common and "benign" cosmetic procedures has now been demonstrated to be actually quite dangerous. Prior studies have already demonstrated that hair dyes, makeup, botox, nail polish, and even essential oil therapy all have toxic side effects that in the long run can cause serious health issues, both locally and systemically. The study below now demonstrates that the widely used "gel" manicure procedure is cytotoxic, genotoxic, mitotoxic, and ultimately carcinogenic. More specifically, it was the UV-emitting devices, used to harden the manicures that caused all of these toxic effects, despite the brief exposure of the hands/fingers to the UV light. The toxicity of UV light to human skin cells has been known for decades, especially in cells abundant in PUFA, though nobody expected that UV light would display toxicity after even brief exposures (15-20 minutes). “

The UV light angle on this is interesting, the vitamin D generating devices use a UV light to create the reactions in the skin, so it brings into question the safety of these devices as well. In addition the maintenance of the lights also becomes a factor as over time the intensity of light emitted from these devices will diminish so there will possibly come a point where you are exposed to UV light but not at strengths high enough to generate vitamin D, so the risk benefit ratio moves high to the risk side.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
The UV light angle on this is interesting, the vitamin D generating devices use a UV light to create the reactions in the skin, so it brings into question the safety of these devices as well. In addition the maintenance of the lights also becomes a factor as over time the intensity of light emitted from these devices will diminish so there will possibly come a point where you are exposed to UV light but not at strengths high enough to generate vitamin D, so the risk benefit ratio moves high to the risk side.
It is interesting that with all of the chemicals women use, in the name of beauty, that men, in general, have shorter lifespans.

Nicole W.

It is interesting that with all of the chemicals women use, in the name of beauty, that men, in general, have shorter lifespans.
I’ve been thinking about this too. All my female relatives on my dad’s side have/had beautiful hands and always wore nail polish. They colored their hair, and all probably swallowed pounds, literally pounds, of lipstick over a life time. The toxicity of externally applied treatments/cosmetics etc might be exaggerated.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I’ve been thinking about this too. All my female relatives on my dad’s side have/had beautiful hands and always wore nail polish. They colored their hair, and all probably swallowed pounds, literally pounds, of lipstick over a life time. The toxicity of externally applied treatments/cosmetics etc might be exaggerated.
Or maybe men’s bad habits of drinking, smoking and doing dangerous jobs and other activities are more to the reason. If all these chemicals cause cancer, it is interesting that all the woman I know that have died, it has been from cancer mostly, but not the men.

J.R.K

Conventional wisdom says that this is because men are less likely to see there Doctors regularly than women. So there is that possibility, but I am skeptical. @Rinse & rePeat

-Luke-

It's because we have to kiss the lips with all those toxic chemicals!

Jennifer

Did Ray say that our production of progesterone was a factor in our life expectancy compared to men? Or could the reduced accumulation of iron from bleeding monthly be a factor?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Conventional wisdom says that this is because men are less likely to see there Doctors regularly than women. So there is that possibility, but I am skeptical. @Rinse & rePeat
Oh yeah, no scare tactic Pap smears and radiation from mammograms, plastic surgery, botox, “fillers” and other snake oils and “preventative care”.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Did Ray say that our production of progesterone was a factor in our life expectancy compared to men? Or could the reduced accumulation of iron from bleeding monthly be a factor?
RP talks about men declining from day one, where women’s decline starts at menopause, probably like you said from more progesterone, but RP says it is from less iron accumulation.

Jennifer

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals