Healthier Grooming & Beauty Hacks

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Then I will absolutely defer to your own knowledge of your body. You need to always trust what your body tells you to do.
If you are getting good results with Progest E then why change?
Why change, we can’t do both?

J.R.K

Why change, we can’t do both?
You can, I have, but you need to realize that your body might have a negative, no, or positive reaction. So it is going to be a risk if you decide to do it, until you find the results, which might be hair loss, or it might be hair growth. As it stands now it is Schrödinger’s cat for you.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
You can, I have, but you need to realize that your body might have a negative, no, or positive reaction. So it is going to be a risk if you decide to do it, until you find the results, which might be hair loss, or it might be hair growth. As it stands now it is Schrödinger’s cat for you.
Ok well I will ponder this now.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I am thinking about the anesthesia effect of progesterone and wondering if a little dab on those stress lines on the forehead, between the eyes, might remedy that, like Botox, at least temporarily. I have them slightly on some days, and other days not so much. I might give it a try.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Here is the shampoo I have been using, and really like. I bought a new one yesterday with apple cider vinegar in it to try, as one to alternate. If I like it too I will post a pic of it.

Attachments

• 216283B0-6963-46A6-B6B7-4F42EBD55988.jpeg
    216283B0-6963-46A6-B6B7-4F42EBD55988.jpeg
    206.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 9405B68D-E209-4C8D-B43B-66881FFE8B68.jpeg
    9405B68D-E209-4C8D-B43B-66881FFE8B68.jpeg
    403.1 KB · Views: 40
OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Many people have noticed that pregnenolone has a "face-lifting" action. This effect seems to be produced by improved circulation to the skin, and by an actual contraction of some muscle-like cells in the skin.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I have seen a huge improvement in my skin this past week. I thought maybe it was because I using a little Progest-E between my eyes before sleeping, which has given me deep restorative sleep, stress free adventurous dreams and has really softened the lines between my eyes. I also have been doing a Manuka honey mask the past 4 days, for an hour BEFORE bed instead of the morning. Also I have been taking a teaspoon and a half of raw wild bee pollen AND drinking pure blueberry juice at night. I am sure all of them have contributed to my amazing turnaround in my skin, with my wrinkles diminished and hollow cheeks looking much plumper, and my skin has so much color too! I think the pure blueberry juice may be a big contributor to the healthy color…

“Great skin starts from within, one little superfood at a time. I get a little woozy everytime I see another list of the foods I should be eating. Some are literally 100 items long. Tired. My list will always be short. My great skin miracle food du jour- blueberries. Since the beginning of 2013 I stared eating blueberries 4-6 times a week and I’ve seen dramatic results. I started this habit because a study from Harvard School of Public Health found the benefits of berries (particularly blueberries, strawberries and blackberries) consumed at least 3 times per week significantly cut the risk for heart attack. I could dig some good benefits for my ticker so I jumped on the bandwagon. 8-10 weeks after starting my blueberry habit I looked in the mirror and was blown away by the changes in my skin. My aging trouble spots (especially my upper lip and the crow’s feet by my eyes) had made a huge recovery. My skin was more taught, hydrated and supple looking and my skin tone was brighter and more even. Right away I new it was a fringe benefit from my new berry habit. If I could buy stock in blueberries, I would. Blueberries contain compounds called anthocyanins. These are what gives blueberries their dark blue color. A steady diet of fruits and veggies rich in these compounds have multiple benefits. Nutritonal Benefits:

Vitamin A, C, E and K
The highest food source of antioxidants
Potassium
Magnesium
Fiber
Benefits for the skin:

Anthocyanins contain antioxidants that fight free radicals that damage your collagen. By protecting your collagen your skin will stay younger looking longer. Antioxidants also help protect against skin cancer.

They improves skin tone.

Blueberries are good for your circulatory system as they keep capillaries and blood vessels flexible and keep them from breaking.

They also help keep spider veins and varicose veins from forming.

Acne prevention: blueberries balance hormones and neutralize oil production in your skin.

Blueberries are anti-inflammatory. Inflammation is one of the major causes of wrinkles.”

Attachments

• FD872DBE-BD06-4147-A9E3-CC51E0AF7B69.jpeg
    FD872DBE-BD06-4147-A9E3-CC51E0AF7B69.jpeg
    389.5 KB · Views: 16
  • E730BE9F-7329-4029-B3FE-2A255ACBE506.jpeg
    E730BE9F-7329-4029-B3FE-2A255ACBE506.jpeg
    379.1 KB · Views: 15
  • C4CA52D1-09E8-4EB4-85B2-7B8F8EE2138D.jpeg
    C4CA52D1-09E8-4EB4-85B2-7B8F8EE2138D.jpeg
    468.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DFEF0919-8985-4B89-B333-435E3F965452.jpeg
    DFEF0919-8985-4B89-B333-435E3F965452.jpeg
    402.7 KB · Views: 17
OP
Rinse & rePeat
“They report in a study published recently in the American Journal of Public Health, that eating more fruit and vegetables can change skin tone, lending it a healthier glow, within a matter of weeks.”

“The results showed that participants that increased their consumption of fruits and vegetables over the observation period showed a change in skin colour, toward more of a golden healthy glow. Those whose diet went the other way, with less fruit and veg, showed a reduction in skin tone.

In a media statement released this week, lead author Ross Whitehead, a researcher at St Andrews, said:

“People who eat more fruit and vegetables have a ‘golden’ skin tone that looks healthy and attractive. Our latest research finds that even small improvements in diet produces visible benefits to skin colour.”

He said they were very surprised at how quickly the change occured.”

J.R.K

I have seen a huge improvement in my skin this past week. I thought maybe it was because I using a little Progest-E between my eyes before sleeping, which has given me deep restorative sleep, stress free adventurous dreams and has really softened the lines between my eyes. I also have been doing a Manuka honey mask the past 4 days, for an hour BEFORE bed instead of the morning. Also I have been taking a teaspoon and a half of raw wild bee pollen AND drinking pure blueberry juice at night. I am sure all of them have contributed to my amazing turnaround in my skin, with my wrinkles diminished and hollow cheeks looking much plumper, and my skin has so much color too! I think the pure blueberry juice may be a big contributor to the healthy color…

“Great skin starts from within, one little superfood at a time. I get a little woozy everytime I see another list of the foods I should be eating. Some are literally 100 items long. Tired. My list will always be short. My great skin miracle food du jour- blueberries. Since the beginning of 2013 I stared eating blueberries 4-6 times a week and I’ve seen dramatic results. I started this habit because a study from Harvard School of Public Health found the benefits of berries (particularly blueberries, strawberries and blackberries) consumed at least 3 times per week significantly cut the risk for heart attack. I could dig some good benefits for my ticker so I jumped on the bandwagon. 8-10 weeks after starting my blueberry habit I looked in the mirror and was blown away by the changes in my skin. My aging trouble spots (especially my upper lip and the crow’s feet by my eyes) had made a huge recovery. My skin was more taught, hydrated and supple looking and my skin tone was brighter and more even. Right away I new it was a fringe benefit from my new berry habit. If I could buy stock in blueberries, I would. Blueberries contain compounds called anthocyanins. These are what gives blueberries their dark blue color. A steady diet of fruits and veggies rich in these compounds have multiple benefits. Nutritonal Benefits:

Vitamin A, C, E and K
Potassium
Magnesium
Fiber
Benefits for the skin:

Anthocyanins contain antioxidants that fight free radicals that damage your collagen. By protecting your collagen your skin will stay younger looking longer. Antioxidants also help protect against skin cancer.

They improves skin tone.

Blueberries are good for your circulatory system as they keep capillaries and blood vessels flexible and keep them from breaking.

Acne prevention: blueberries balance hormones and neutralize oil production in your skin.

Blueberries are anti-inflammatory. Inflammation is one of the major causes of wrinkles.”

Fantastic information as always @Rinse & rePeat! Do you feel there is more benefit from whole blueberries or just the juice?

Peachy

Vitamin A, C, E and K
Potassium
Magnesium
Fiber
Benefits for the skin:

They improves skin tone.

Thank you for this! I was actually going to ask if you recommended the honey mask more than once a week. My son does it for acne and it helps so much. He’s asking if he can do it more than once a week. I said maybe twice. He keeps it on 2 hours at a time. Sounds like he could do it more frequently (but maybe not for 2 hours each time). Any thoughts?

ps - I like the blueberry juice and progesterone ideas

Peachy

I was actually going to ask if you recommended the honey mask more than once a week. My son does it for acne and it helps so much. He’s asking if he can do it more than once a week. I said maybe twice. He keeps it on 2 hours at a time. Sounds like he could do it more frequently (but maybe not for 2 hours each time). Any thoughts?
For more context, the other things he does topically - washes his face with mild soap once a day and applies a light retinol oil and niacinimide serum. Maybe instead of washing his face he could do a shorter honey mask. I just didn’t know if it might be irritating to overdo the honey. Would appreciate any thoughts you have.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Thank you for this! I was actually going to ask if you recommended the honey mask more than once a week. My son does it for acne and it helps so much. He’s asking if he can do it more than once a week. I said maybe twice. He keeps it on 2 hours at a time. Sounds like he could do it more frequently (but maybe not for 2 hours each time). Any thoughts?

ps - I like the blueberry juice and progesterone ideas
Since originally posting about my Manuka honey mask, last year, I have learned and experimented more. Regular raw honey, I learned, has a small amount of peroxide, which makes it really good for my hair and scalp, lightening my hair slightly, giving it moisture also. This would bleach one’s skin too, which could be beneficial for those wishing to fade dark spots, but I haven’t any of those, so Manuka is better for me, because has no peroxide. With that being said, I switched to doing the Manuka mask at night because I can do it more consistently while sitting and reading, rather than tasking, and night, while sleeping, is when the body spends time healing and repairing, so the residual Manuka nutrients don’t get washed away with my cleanser at night. I do the honey mask AFTER I cleans my face, and I leave mine on for for one hour, not wanting to possibly annoy my skin leaving it on too long. I have done the Manuka mask 5 nights in a row now, with only great results. I would recommend a low UMF number if your son is going to do it more often, but maybe a high number would be fine, I just can’t say because I haven’t tried it.

For acne I HIGHLY recommend him to rinse his affected areas with extremely cold water after his warm shower or bath to close the pores, keeping things from oozing and perspiring, hence breeding more bacteria. Also wash his pillowcases, Peachy, as often as you can.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
For more context, the other things he does topically - washes his face with mild soap once a day and applies a light retinol oil and niacinimide serum. Maybe instead of washing his face he could do a shorter honey mask. I just didn’t know if it might be irritating to overdo the honey. Would appreciate any thoughts you have.
Your son might be able to cut out the retinol and niacinimide with using just the Manuka. I would eliminate the retinol for a couple of nights and see. He needs to be able to be in the sunshine and retinol warns against that. I don’t have to wash my face before using the Manuka at night, unless I have residual powder or blush on, but for acne I would definitely wash before applying the raw honey.

This gentle cleanser has cleared up both of my sons and my son’s girlfriend’s severe cystic acne. I can’t say enough good things about it Peachy. As a 59 year old woman, my skin improved so much only washing my face at night with this light cleanser, and leaving my natural oils alone in the morning.

Attachments

• AD3FE063-0890-4358-9926-D3EC2EFE4936.jpeg
    AD3FE063-0890-4358-9926-D3EC2EFE4936.jpeg
    254.6 KB · Views: 26
  • FFA7C650-2CA9-4348-B1F8-A1791EC17B62.jpeg
    FFA7C650-2CA9-4348-B1F8-A1791EC17B62.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 25

Peachy

Thank you so much @Rinse & rePeat. I’ve been looking for a decent cleanser for ages. And you addressed another concern of mine. What’s he going to do now that the sun is hotter? Dropping the retinol and doing the Manuka is a great idea. So glad I asked!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Thank you so much @Rinse & rePeat. I’ve been looking for a decent cleanser for ages. And you addressed another concern of mine. What’s he going to do now that the sun is hotter? Dropping the retinol and doing the Manuka is a great idea. So glad I asked!
Me too! Let us know how it goes with him.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’ve been experimenting with my home IPL device (red light) on some dark spots and wrinkles. Here’s a picture I took of a spot on my arm that’s breaking up after only 3 uses. I do feel my skin is looking a bit smoother as well.
70914B7B-D850-477A-B9CC-71AFBD391129.jpeg
I also had one on my cheek that is completely gone. It sort of dried up and flaked off but wasn’t painful and didn’t bleed or anything. I was inspired by a YouTube video of a lady using hers for the same purposes even though they are designed and marketed only for hair removal. I have had the device for years and it sat neglected in my closet so I figured I try it out and I’m really glad I did! It’s important to wear eye protection when using it because the flash is really bright. Hopefully this fits with the topic of healthier beauty hacks!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I’ve been experimenting with my home IPL device (red light) on some dark spots and wrinkles. Here’s a picture I took of a spot on my arm that’s breaking up after only 3 uses. I do feel my skin is looking a bit smoother as well. View attachment 49036I also had one on my cheek that is completely gone. It sort of dried up and flaked off but wasn’t painful and didn’t bleed or anything. I was inspired by a YouTube video of a lady using hers for the same purposes even though they are designed and marketed only for hair removal. I have had the device for years and it sat neglected in my closet so I figured I try it out and I’m really glad I did! It’s important to wear eye protection when using it because the flash is really bright. Hopefully this fits with the topic of healthier beauty hacks!
This is inspiring Blossom! What model is your device and how long is your session and how close do you hold it to your area?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals