Headache From Low Fat / Coconut Oil ?

I seem to be getting a headache, particularly in the afternoon, after 5 PM, from eating low fat and using coconut oil.

My macros:

125-150 g of protein
30-40 g of Fat
250-275 g of carbs

~2000 kcal

Can't really determine if it's the low-fat portion or the coconut oil but I'm more inclined to think it's the former.
I have no idea why that would be the case. I eat maybe 20 g of coconut oil per day, not more.

Peatful

My first thought is it's a blood sugar response...
Could be related or non related to the coconut oil.
If your metabolism is getting better, u may require more calories.
If u don't want to increase your calories, by may need to space ur meals to be smaller and more frequent.

Mage

"The method of true knowledge is experiment" - William Blake

Why don't you try isolating the variables? Get the same amount of fats from another saturated source other than coconut oil for some time and see how you react, this way you can know if it's the low fat or the coconut oil that's giving you the headaches.

tara

Can't really determine if it's the low-fat portion or the coconut oil but I'm more inclined to think it's the former.
I have no idea why that would be the case. I eat maybe 20 g of coconut oil per day, not more.
Or possibly the low calorie factor?

OP
MyUsernameHere
Why don't you try isolating the variables? Get the same amount of fats from another saturated source other than coconut oil for some time and see how you react, this way you can know if it's the low fat or the coconut oil that's giving you the headaches.

Yeah, I guess I will have to do that.

Or possibly the low calorie factor?

That would be relative to one's activity level. I'm pretty sedentary and gain weight above 2000 kcal. My only physical activity is a daily several mile walk which burns 350-500 calories at most (depending how far I go), and some strength training. The rest of the day I spend sitting, mostly. And, I've been eating at these calories pretty consistently for a while now and this problem only started as I've cut my fat and replaced it with coconut oil.

During my first few years of Peating I've tried to restore my metabolism by eating 3500 calories daily and the only thing that happened was that I gained 50 pounds of weight.
Thankfully I've managed to drop that back down to 150 lbs and that is an experiment I don't want to repeat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals