1. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Hair Steroid Profiling Reveals Differences In Male Pattern Baldness Between Korean & Caucas. Men

Discussion in 'Scientific Studies' started by Dante, Jan 10, 2017.

1. FredSonoma

FredSonoma Member

I think the bone structure part is wrong. Koreans have some of the most massive, broad, well-developed bone structures out of any people I have ever seen, even compared to other Asians. Definitely less body hair, maybe less muscle mass. But I've known plenty of Koreans that most definitely do not exercise or lift regularly and they are very naturally muscular, not huge, but very strong and lean.

2. OP
    Dante

Dante Member

I have seen that meridian valley research a few months ago and yes i agree that 3-beta diol is a protective substance even though it happens to act via "estrogen receptor beta" .I won't call it an estrogen as it produces potent neurosteroid benefits just like DHT and unlike estradiol( but i am guessing you already know these). I think reduction of 3-beta-diol by strong inhibition of DHT via fin/dut can cause aggressive prostate cancer as seen in PCPT trials( though the trials have been reanalyzed statistically and they said improved detection in the fin group caused more screening of prostate cancer,lol) . I agree with 3beta-HSD part (though i am neither white nor korean so i am not sure what would apply to me ,lol)

I wanted to ask ray about this DHT metabolite but haven't got his email address

3. LeeLemonoil

LeeLemonoil Member

Well someone really ought to ask RP's opinion on this steroid. It's to interesting to be ignored

I randomly insert some of the seniors here on behalf of this
    @haidut
    @ecstatichamster

4. lvysaur

lvysaur Member

I agree with this. The "short legs long torso" phenotype that some whites seem to have is even more predominant in northern Asians. Wide jaws as well.

5. cats

cats Member

Regarding the 5β-DHP "paradox," I'll offer some speculation: Perhaps both the Koreans and Caucasians have low scalp progesterone levels. The balding Koreans are losing progesterone via excessive conversion to 5β-DHP (which, according to Wikipedia, is not a progestogen), while the low levels of 5β-DHP in the balding Caucasians is the result of having very little substrate in the first place.

6. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

Yep, that seems to be the case. After doing some research on the matter I came across this interesting article: The Hair Follicle as an Estrogen Target and Source

I haven't finished reading it all yet but here are some notes I've taken from the article:

7. LeeLemonoil

LeeLemonoil Member