Hair Loss / Dermatitis / Eczema And Copper/ Manganese / Chromium

Motif

did you ever get these testet?

I'm playing around with taking these as supplements and it seems to have great effect on my scalp itching and hair loss which is triggered by histamine in my case.

I tried almost every vitamin/mineral and this 3 seem to help best.

My copper always was low, but I don't know about the other ones.

OP
M

Motif

What could be the reason for this deficiencies and what nutrients would be connected too?

OP
M

Motif

Ok, copper and manganese seems to be what I'm really lacking from.

My skin is so much better with these.

I wonder why I need so much of it

It seems that my body really struggles with absorbing minerals ?

BTW- I stopped chromium again, because I was reading that many people get hair loss from it

@Douglas Ek
@xetawaves

Last edited:

zewe

When the body is low in B vitamins, vitamin C, and copper, histamine may not break down sufficiently to overcome symptoms of intolerance.

Copper is required to form the DAO enzyme [one enzyme that breaks down histamime] and copper deficiency associates with low DAO enzyme activity in animals.

There is a balance between copper and zinc so, keep that in mind when supplementing.

Zinc depletion is also linked to histamine related itching, where mast cells release more histamine into the bloodstream.

My sister and I, reduce itching with zinc supplements. We both live in houses with copper water pipes....maybe why our bodies need zinc?

zewe

Here's a very long and through article on manganese:

13 Amazing Benefits of Manganese | Organic Facts

I'd try and get it through food because it can be highly toxic:

SNIP:
Word of Caution: Manganese is one of the only three toxic trace minerals in the human body, which means that we cannot have too little or too much. [10] Be sure to never overdo on manganese supplementation, because it can lead to a wide array of very dangerous conditions and diseases, some of which are fatal. Manganese overdose
can lead to similar symptoms to that of Parkinson’s disease, or the disease itself. Also, for those with liver conditions, be careful not to take in too much manganese, since the liver will have trouble getting rid of it, which can lead to psychosis, mental disorders, and tremors/spasms. Finally, if you have anemia, your body tries to absorb as much manganese as possible, which can be dangerous, so monitor your intake closely.

Important Sources of Manganese
The most important sources of manganese are raspberries,pineapples, garlic,grapes,
beetroot, green beans, rice, peppermint,oats, nuts, watercress,mustard greens,strawberries,blackberries, tropical fruits, lettuce,
spinach,molasses,
cloves,turmeric, leeks, tofu, whole wheat, bananas,
cucumbers, kiwis, figs, and carrots. The best sources of naturally abundant manganese are
green vegetables,brown rice, coconuts,almonds, and hazelnuts since they maximize the absorption of this important mineral.

OP
M

Motif

So how do I find out how much chromium and manganese I need?

My skin is really good on it.

Started chromium again

OP
M

Motif

Sometimes the itching still comes up, but barely noticeable, but after taking more copper/manganese/chromium it disappears.

Let's see if I can get regrowth from it

OP
M

Motif

Will hair grow back if copper deficiency was the cause ?

OP
M

Motif

Update. Skin got really bad after two weeks of improvement.

I think I need to find the right copper : zinc ratio for me, but I have no idea how to do that

In January I took high Zink without copper and it was just like now. First improvement and then it got really bad.

Now copper without zinc... I guess I will take high dosesd zinc now for a few days and then take copper and zinc together

Last edited:

BigChad

Update. Skin got really bad after two weeks of improvement.

I think I need to find the right copper : zinc ratio for me, but I have no idea how to do that

In January I took high Zink without copper and it was just like now. First improvement and then it got really bad.

Now copper without zinc... I guess I will take high dosesd zinc now for a few days and then take copper and zinc together

what did you find?
what happened to your skin? got lots of acne?
I've seen copper : zinc in 1:8 to 1:12 ratios advised.
Not sure about manganese but zinc manganese and possibly chromium increase copper excretion.
Btw manganese also depletes and interacts with iron...

what dosages and frequency were you using

BigChad

When the body is low in B vitamins, vitamin C, and copper, histamine may not break down sufficiently to overcome symptoms of intolerance.

Copper is required to form the DAO enzyme [one enzyme that breaks down histamime] and copper deficiency associates with low DAO enzyme activity in animals.

There is a balance between copper and zinc so, keep that in mind when supplementing.

Zinc depletion is also linked to histamine related itching, where mast cells release more histamine into the bloodstream.

My sister and I, reduce itching with zinc supplements. We both live in houses with copper water pipes....maybe why our bodies need zinc?

Im wondering why everytime i take a copper supplement i get massive teeth or jaw pain.
Is it helping bone formation or causing bone loss

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals