Gynecomastia Surgery

OP
B

boxers

Stop debating, and get it done. You'll feel like a new man. Just do your homework on the doctor. A lot of doctors aren't good at this surgery, and you will get defects. Otherwise, it is really an easy surgery, little down time etc. Well worth the effort for everyone I've ever known.

thanks. i appreciate that.

thomas00

Can I ask what you have tried in the past?

There was a guy on the forum a ways back that said progesterone reduced his gyno

OP
B

boxers

Can I ask what you have tried in the past?

There was a guy on the forum a ways back that said progesterone reduced his gyno
Losing bodyfat, nolva, dht,
I had the gland for as long as i can remember . At this point it seems nothing will actually shrink the gland

Inspired

Weight gain or loss, will affect the appearance of the chest, even after surgery. The glands will also shrink and then "regrow" and shrink again. Nothing you can do can get rid of them except surgery. The only time you may be able to get rid of glands is if they are very new, during puberty or recent steroid use etc. Then they aren't fibrous and can "shrink".

Also, glands can "regrow" after surgery to remove them. But, it's very confusing because usually there is a mix of scar tissue, fat gain, and there isn't actually regrowth of gland, or very little. That's why it is important to remove as much gland as you can get away with (to support nipple slightly), and to remove as much fat as you can, but never too much fat. A few millimeters wrong either way can leave you unsatisfied.

But overall, it is smart to get the surgery but picking the doctor is the hardest part.

This issue has multiple branches.

I don't have gyno but do have stubborn fat that I couldn't change no matter how hard I dieted in the past (chest fat, lower abs, etc. + loose skin).

In my experience the loose skin is heaps worse than just a tiny bit of unwanted fat, as there is at least no lax in these cases with stuff as mentioned/successfully administered (i.e., SERMs and supplements) -- but in loose skin cases, unless skin can be tightened directly, even with the minor stubborn fat loss you still have the leftover droopiness.

I think a solid and firm but slightly chubby body look suits better than a very lean but lax/droopy skin look, at least in my preference now.

I really need to find a way to fix skin sagginess without surgeries, which typically leave scars/marks -- and don't always look very natural anyways.

Inspired

How much loose skin are you talking about here?

Skin usually tightens up, at least good enough to not look "loose" unless a person had stretched skin from severe obesity.

How much loose skin are you talking about here?

Skin usually tightens up, at least good enough to not look "loose" unless a person had stretched skin from severe obesity.

Enough to where significant dieting and time has made no difference.

I was nearing morbid obesity at my highest so I did have pretty stretched skin. I know skin usually tightens up on its own, but those are more so in the 20-40 lb. overweight/slightly obese norms -- not usually much beyond that I don't think it does.

I was nearly 100 lbs. overweight and gained a lot quickly, plus lost a lot quickly as well. I've heard pregnenolone (or is it progesterone or both?) apparently can tighten skin with topical/transdermal use so that might be worth trying!

Also I don't want to hijack this thread since it isn't mine, so I'll weigh in and add that I don't think surgery should be tried unless nothing else works. You can try diet changes, weight changes, and hormones even.

I really think avoiding dairy is a stretch/assuming dairy has any effect on gynecomastia, but that's just my take.

Ras

I did mine myself. Everything turned out well, except that I didn't close the nipple properly, so it looks odd if you examine it. Otherwise, I'm pleased with it. I think almost any person clever enough can do it themselves, so long as the case is mild.

Inspired

Enough to where significant dieting and time has made no difference.

I was nearing morbid obesity at my highest so I did have pretty stretched skin. I know skin usually tightens up on its own, but those are more so in the 20-40 lb. overweight/slightly obese norms -- not usually much beyond that I don't think it does.

I was nearly 100 lbs. overweight and gained a lot quickly, plus lost a lot quickly as well. I've heard pregnenolone (or is it progesterone or both?) apparently can tighten skin with topical/transdermal use so that might be worth trying!

Also I don't want to hijack this thread since it isn't mine, so I'll weigh in and add that I don't think surgery should be tried unless nothing else works. You can try diet changes, weight changes, and hormones even.

I really think avoiding dairy is a stretch/assuming dairy has any effect on gynecomastia, but that's just my take.

Well, without pictures or more information, I can't say a whole lot.

However, when a surgeon "disturbs" the fat by using a liposuction cannula or other instruments etc, a wound is created. The skin then newly drapes over the existing tissue. This skin then heals, and is somewhat adherent to the underlying tissue.

When a person becomes obese, it is not only fat that accumulates, but new connective tissues/structures are created and these aren't made of fat. Your current skin is now sitting on top of and adhering to these underlying connective tissue structures.

This is why you can lose weight and still have saggy tissues.

A plastic surgeon can change these conditions that were likely caused by being overweight.

Inspired

I did mine myself. Everything turned out well, except that I didn't close the nipple properly, so it looks odd if you examine it. Otherwise, I'm pleased with it. I think almost any person clever enough can do it themselves, so long as the case is mild.
I don't believe you, but it is possible, you did. I wouldn't recommend anyone try this.

Ras

That’s extremely dangerous. No way this can be done. Hes trolling, not sure why though
How was it impossible for me to obtain the surgical scrub, sterile gloves, iodine, scissors, forceps, saline, lidocaine, epinephrine, and glue? I work in healthcare, so many items were easy to get. I sterilised my equipment with bleach water in a pressure cooker. I mixed lidocaine and epinephrine with a liter of saline and filled the breast. I entered by bisecting the nipple, used multiple mirrors and intuition to grasp the tissue with forceps and remove it with scissors and the scalpel. I closed the incision with glue; this is the only point that went less than well. There was no pain, because the tissue was heavily numbed, but there was a sensation of pressure and tugging. There was neither subsequent infection nor cosmetic issues (except the nipple problem).

It was dangerous, I agree, but extremely dangerous is an exaggeration. There is at least one accepted case of a doctor removing his own appendix. Cutting out a little fat and glandular tissue is nothing. Body modification forums are filled with people doing operations more daring than mine.

It makes me sad that there are people with your attitude not only in the world, but also on the Ray Peat Forum. If you want to grow to your best potential, I encourage you to change your way of thinking.

Last edited:
OP
B

boxers

How was it impossible for me to obtain the surgical scrub, sterile gloves, iodine, scissors, forceps, saline, lidocaine, epinephrine, and glue? I work in healthcare, so many items were easy to get. I sterilised my equipment with bleach water in a pressure cooker. I mixed lidocaine and epinephrine with a liter of saline and filled the breast. I entered by bisecting the nipple, used multiple mirrors and intuition to grasp the tissue with forceps and remove it with scissors and the scalpel. I closed the incision with glue; this is the only point that went less than well. There was no pain, because the tissue was heavily numbed, but there was a sensation of pressure and tugging. There was neither subsequent infection nor cosmetic issues (except the nipple problem).

It was dangerous, I agree, but extremely dangerous is an exaggeration. There is at least one accepted case of a doctor removing his own appendix. Cutting out a little fat and glandular tissue is nothing. Body modification forums are filled with people doing operations more daring than mine.

It makes me sad that there are people with your attitude not only in the world, but also on the Ray Peat Forum. If you want to grow to your best potential, I encourage you to change your way of thinking.

At least show the before and after pictures. Still think you’re a troll

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals