Gynecomastia Surgery

boxers

is getting surgery to remove gyne a good idea when all else has failed? I know surgey is has many problems...

olive

is getting surgery to remove gyne a good idea when all else has failed? I know surgey is has many problems...
If you do go ahead with the surgery make sure they don't remove the gland completely otherwise you'll be left with crater nipples. You need a little of the gland still under the nipple for normal appearance.

I know you've stated you've tried everything already but have you used raloxifene? It's a lot more effective compared to other SERMs at treating gynocomastia. 60-120mg/day.

Topical DHT cream has also been reported to be effective. Perhaps a combination of both would be worth a try before committing to surgery unless you've already tried them.

olive

Thanks, ill look in to those, raloxifene
Good luck with it. I'd try the raloxifene for at least 3 months.
Don't expect instant results, be patient.

Keep your estrogen low but don't bother crashing it like others may recommend. Zinc is pretty effective at lowering estrogen, eat oysters or supplement. Aim for ~25mg/day.

It's probably also worth supplementing vitamin b6 to lower prolactin just in case it's prolactin induced gynocomastia.

OP
B

boxers

If surgery is required, is there any benfit in terms of health by having it removed or will it cause more problems?

Jpkoepse

I've had it done, entire gland removed and it is perfectly normal looking. The little bit of scarring prevents the crater look. The cratered look is usually from Kenalog injections after. Glad i had it done.

OP
B

boxers

My case is minor. Its only noticeable when my nipples arent hard.. the cost is around 7k, which is steep

I think The Rock had that surgery done. Check before/after pics.

OP
B

boxers

I feel guility getting it done because its purely cosmetic....

Jpkoepse

I feel guility getting it done because its purely cosmetic....
Why would that induce any guilt? If it makes your life less stressful and you're more confident as a result and you have the money for it, why not?

OP
B

boxers

Why would that induce any guilt? If it makes your life less stressful and you're more confident as a result and you have the money for it, why not?

Yeah, im just not sure yet. I need to look in to it more...

opethfeldt

Are you positive you aren't just overweight? I've seen a lot of gyno cases resolve themselves when the person lost weight and built chest muscle. I'd make sure to do everything in your power first before spending that huge amount of money on surgery. It's up to you, though.

Jpkoepse

Are you positive you aren't just overweight? I've seen a lot of gyno cases resolve themselves when the person lost weight and built chest muscle. I'd make sure to do everything in your power first before spending that huge amount of money on surgery. It's up to you, though.
This is absolutely true!

Inspired

If you have gynecomastia, get the surgery, but make sure you go to a doctor that does this regularly, and is good at it. Excision of gland, plus liposuction, in all cases (for contouring).

OP
B

boxers

If you have gynecomastia, get the surgery, but make sure you go to a doctor that does this regularly, and is good at it. Excision of gland, plus liposuction, in all cases (for contouring).
Thanks. I have been debating this for years.. Its noticeable if you know what to look for, but nothing terrible.
I have 2 docs that i looked into that i like. they are quite good, i worry about side effects and just getting surgery in general also i feel guilty getting getting surgery just to improve my look.

Inspired

Stop debating, and get it done. You'll feel like a new man. Just do your homework on the doctor. A lot of doctors aren't good at this surgery, and you will get defects. Otherwise, it is really an easy surgery, little down time etc. Well worth the effort for everyone I've ever known.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals