Larynx Cancer

Chopper

Dad has Larynx Caner, how can I help him beat it? I already posted in the facebook group about this and got some good recommendations, but this format seems better and I'm looking for more.

They don't know much yet except a cancerous lump in the Larynx. He started having voice issues something like 6-10 months ago and finally got it checked out.

He smoked and is on immunosuppressant drugs for RA (arthritis). I think that combo was the cause.

I don't have experience with this but I figure there are 5 areas to look at. Here I'll put background and my strategy.

• Diet
    • Dad doesn't eat very well, but it could be worse. Good amount of fried foods but also loves seafood and eats fairly balanced macronutrient wise.
    • My plan here is to make changes where he is willing, without pushing it. I don't want to cause more stress or rejection of the path.
  • Pills/supplements
    • Pills for RA, nothing else.
    • Lots to look at here. Thinking aspirin, progesterone, vitamin E (because PUFA), and more.
  • Doctor recommended treatment (surgery, radiation, etc)
    • They don't know what path yet, but most likely at least surgery to remove the lump and radiation
    • No plans to try to influence anything here, going to trust the docs and try to help elsewhere.
  • Mental
    • Just planning to try to keep everyone positive if I can
  • Lifestyle
    • Outdoor, fairly physical job. So he gets exercise. Seems to have plenty of energy.
    • I don't think there is much to change here. Maybe eliminate potential toxins from things like soap... but don't think there is much here.
He has stopped smoking and won't go near it again. I thought about recommending a nicotine patch because I know quitting smoking can down-regulate thyroid. But I want him to keep the positive momentum and not get a taste of anything like a cigarette.

Thoughts/advice??

Trix

Dad has Larynx Caner, how can I help him beat it? I already posted in the facebook group about this and got some good recommendations, but this format seems better and I'm looking for more.

They don't know much yet except a cancerous lump in the Larynx. He started having voice issues something like 6-10 months ago and finally got it checked out.

He smoked and is on immunosuppressant drugs for RA (arthritis). I think that combo was the cause.

I don't have experience with this but I figure there are 5 areas to look at. Here I'll put background and my strategy.

• Diet
    • Dad doesn't eat very well, but it could be worse. Good amount of fried foods but also loves seafood and eats fairly balanced macronutrient wise.
    • My plan here is to make changes where he is willing, without pushing it. I don't want to cause more stress or rejection of the path.
  • Pills/supplements
    • Pills for RA, nothing else.
    • Lots to look at here. Thinking aspirin, progesterone, vitamin E (because PUFA), and more.
  • Doctor recommended treatment (surgery, radiation, etc)
    • They don't know what path yet, but most likely at least surgery to remove the lump and radiation
    • No plans to try to influence anything here, going to trust the docs and try to help elsewhere.
  • Mental
    • Just planning to try to keep everyone positive if I can
  • Lifestyle
    • Outdoor, fairly physical job. So he gets exercise. Seems to have plenty of energy.
    • I don't think there is much to change here. Maybe eliminate potential toxins from things like soap... but don't think there is much here.
He has stopped smoking and won't go near it again. I thought about recommending a nicotine patch because I know quitting smoking can down-regulate thyroid. But I want him to keep the positive momentum and not get a taste of anything like a cigarette.

Thoughts/advice??
B vitamins are blocked by the RA drugs...look into B2, Folate, but the other B's go together. Pub Med would have studies, I remember running across some on B2 (Riboflavin).
Look into Niacinamide for relief of pain from RA. This was in my inbox today. At the end of the article he talks about B3 (Niacinamide).
5 Proven Thyroid Joint Pain Remedies to Relieve Your Pain and Your Thyroid

OP
C

Chopper

B vitamins are blocked by the RA drugs...look into B2, Folate, but the other B's go together. Pub Med would have studies, I remember running across some on B2 (Riboflavin).
Look into Niacinamide for relief of pain from RA. This was in my inbox today. At the end of the article he talks about B3 (Niacinamide).
5 Proven Thyroid Joint Pain Remedies to Relieve Your Pain and Your Thyroid

Would you push to get off of the RA meds and try to treat with diet + supps? Would that add stress to a body that doesn't need it?

Trix

Would you push to get off of the RA meds and try to treat with diet + supps? Would that add stress to a body that doesn't need it?
I would mention to him some alternatives, before saying he should get off meds. Introducing small things first...maybe getting him to eat some liver and onions a couple times a month to get the B vitamins and some other nutrients he might be missing. Ray's articles give plenty of things to introduce to the aging person...of course trial and error for experimenting with his own body is best. Raising CO2 is a must,, so maybe the simplest things like taking some baking soda and water would even help with the tender tissues when he swallows.

OP
C

Chopper

Have you looked into red light therapy? Here is a post on it with Ray's thoughts
Red Light for Cancer

Dad gets a lot of sun from working outdoors, is more always better with red light?
I would mention to him some alternatives, before saying he should get off meds. Introducing small things first...maybe getting him to eat some liver and onions a couple times a month to get the B vitamins and some other nutrients he might be missing. Ray's articles give plenty of things to introduce to the aging person...of course trial and error for experimenting with his own body is best. Raising CO2 is a must,, so maybe the simplest things like taking some baking soda and water would even help with the tender tissues when he swallows.

He can be resistant to change, so I'm trying not to pressure him too much. But I agree, I'll work on those things. He's made a huge step in stopping smoking.

He likes baths. Do you think baking soda bath will help raise CO2? I don't see him drinking baking soda.

Trix

Have him gargle with BS and maybe swallow the last bit. I would put BS in the bath with Epsom Salts, he will get more magnesium too. Breathing in a paper bag a few times a day increases CO2. B1 (Allithiamine) helps increase CO2 also. I'm sure there are posts to search on that on this forum. Haidut posted a couple articles on B3 (Niacinamide) for shrinking tumors, so search here.

OP
C

Chopper

Thank you for the links. I'm working my way through lots of reading. Seems like Thiamine and Niacinamide are a decent start.

x-ray peat

Dad gets a lot of sun from working outdoors, is more always better with red light?
As far as red light goes there is a sweet spot that you want to hit, so too much destroys the benefits. Sun is definitely good, and does contain red light, but I think red light therapy is very effective in a different way than the Sun alone. There is a lot of info on it in the forum.

Richiebogie

Many diseases are relieved when lectins are removed from the diet.

Eg avoid grains, legumes (beans and peas, soy, peanuts, cashews), nightshades (tomatoes, red, green, yellow peppers, potatoes, eggplant), non-Southern European cow milk products (Casein A1), and animals fed on the above.

Pressure cooking can reduce lectins, so chocolate and coffee may be ok.

However might be safest to eliminate these foods and eat more fruit and sweet potato.

Maybe if you follow this diet your dad will follow.

PS. It can be beneficial to eat the shells with your shrimps because a chemical within can trap the wheat lectins that would otherwise cause arthritis:

Do dietary lectins cause disease? : The evidence is suggestive—and raises interesting possibilities for treatment 

Check out from 40 minutes 30 seconds:

Last edited:
OP
C

Chopper

Seems like the doctors want to do surgery and relatively soon.

I'd really like to see if it goes away if the bad things are stopped and the good things start. But I'm just some guy and it's my father's life so it would be absurd for me to push for that against doctors who deal with it every day.

OP
C

Chopper

Thanks for the videos, I'm working my way through them. There's an overwhelming amount of information and theories out there.

This is all so crazy and shocking. Dad has no symptoms other than a hoarse voice. No weight loss, active, eats a lot, etc.

We've had a few opinions now, some from among the best in the country. All saying surgery.

I think if it were me and my best case scenario is 30% and with no voice, I'd opt for some kind of natural route to see what happens. I don't understand cancer at all obviously, but it just seems like if you take away the bad things and replace them with good it should reverse itself.

I'm still kind of in shock/denial about the whole thing.

OP
C

Chopper

The surgery is in a couple days and I've been digging into every corner of the internet that supposedly has the cure for cancer. Often contradicting each other. Often with stories of people who tried it and ended up with worse outcomes. And people too saying they healed it.

The doctor is saying in Dad's case it's 60% 5 year cure rate, with a permanent hole in the neck. He'll have some kind of voice box thing to speak and won't be able to submerge in water again.

What I'm struggling with is if I'm doing the right thing by completely trusting the doctors and not suggesting alternate methods at all. If I take a step back, I know that the rational thing to do is trust the very smart doctors who have dedicated their life to this. But when I start thinking about the invasive outcomes of surgery, I start grasping for ways to keep my dad intact. Part of what's kept me from mentioning any alternatives is I don't think I could live with myself if he tried something different and it ended up getting worse. Losing the ability to eat or something like that.

60% 5 year cure rate is good for cancer really.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals