Breast cancer spreading

MAG

My mother just had surgery for invasive ductal carcinoma. She was told it has been fully removed and the lymph’s themselves are clear, but tested positive for “extensive lymphovascular invasion” and the doctor is recommending chemo/radiation.

I can’t find much info on this. We’re at a loss. My mom does not want to opt for chemo and radiation at all. She was already hesitant for surgery.

I would really appreciate some insight here. I know things like aspirin, progesterone/dhea, vitamin E, low pufa, gelatin, red light, thyroid, antibiotics, etc have been said to be helpful for cancer.. if treatment should be avoided are there any studies or findings from Ray that would advise to proper dosage of these approaches above? Thank you all

Peachy

So sorry to hear. Here’s some in vitro research on pomegranate and breast cancer, specifically stem cells which are important to target.

The Findings​

Reliene, Nallanthighal and Elmaliki made several notable findings, including:

• Pomegranate extract inhibits breast cancer cells ability to self-renew
  • The inhibitory effect is maintained for several cell generations of newly formed cells (the equivalent to children and grandchildren of pomegranate extract-exposed parent cells) that have never been exposed to pomegranate extract but still have difficulties in self-renewing
  • Pomegranate extract converts cancer stem cells to cells that look like more traditional cancer cells and which may successfully be eliminated by cancer drugs.
“Our evidence alone does not suggest that pomegranate is the end-all-be-all-cure of breast cancer, but pomegranate extract shows promising potential for having a positive effect in both the primary cancer prevention and inhibition of the disease progression,” said Reliene. “It warrants further investigation of its overall possibilities,” she continued.

gaze

i saw your first post about your mother having breast pain after progest-e which made her get checked. peat was asked about a similar scenerio. maybe checking her tsh and vit D would be a good idea? the sources he sent have some info on breast cancer cells. as for chemo/radiation, lots of different people will give many opinions, including this forum. i wish you luck in whatever decision you guys make. i know its a very tough position to be in.
I asked Ray Peat about why it might be that I notice breast pain from taking bioidentical progesterone like Progest-e and this was his response:

"Have you had a blood test for vitamin D and TSH? High estrogen increases the conversion of progesterone to the 5- metabolite, but thyroid and progesterone lower estrogen, preventing the exaggeration of that pathway. A vitamin D deficiency disturbs many hormones, and can cause breast pain."
Here are the studies he attached:
Endocrinology. 2003 Dec;144(12):5650-7.
Distinct molecular pathways mediate progesterone-induced growth inhibition and
focal adhesion.
Lin VC(1), Woon CT, Aw SE, Guo C.
(1)Department of Clinical Research, Singapore General Hospital, School of
Biological Sciences, School, Singapore 637616. [email protected].
We have reported previously that reactivation of progesterone receptor (PR)
expression in estrogen receptor (ER)- and PR-negative MDA-MB-231 breast cancer
cells enabled progesterone to inhibit cell growth and invasiveness, and to induce
remarkable focal adhesions. The present study addressed molecular mechanisms that
mediate these anticancer effects of progesterone in the PR-transfected breast
cancer cells ABC28. In response to progesterone treatment are the marked
up-regulation of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor protein p21WAF1/CIP1 and
decreased expression of cyclin A, cyclin B1, and cyclin D1 that are required for
G1 progression and during cell mitosis. Progesterone also induced down-regulation
of phosphorylated MAPK (p42/44 MAPK). Furthermore, this study also demonstrated
that MEK inhibitor PD98059 that inhibits the phosphorylation of p42/44 MAPK also
caused reduction of cyclin D1 level and inhibition of cell proliferation. These
results suggest that inhibition of p42/44 MAPK pathway is part of the mechanisms
mediating progesterone's growth-inhibitory effect. On the other hand,
progesterone-induced focal adhesion is mediated by separate pathway. Whereas
PD98059 exhibited no effects on cell adhesion, inhibitory antibody to
beta1-integrin was able to reverse progesterone-induced focal adhesion and
progesterone-induced increase in the phosphorylation of focal adhesion kinase. On
the other hand, beta1-integrin antibody had no effect on progesterone-mediated
growth inhibition and on progesterone-mediated expression of cyclins p21CIP1/WAF1
and phosphorylation of P42/P44 MAPK. In the context of complex functions of
progesterone in breast cancer and reproductive organs, identification of distinct
pathways offers new strategies for designing therapeutic agents to target the
specific pathway so as to minimize the side effects.

J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2005 Nov;97(3):278-88.
Membrane 5alpha-pregnane-3,20-dione (5alphaP) receptors in MCF-7 and MCF-10A
breast cancer cells are up-regulated by estradiol and 5alphaP and down-regulated
by the progesterone metabolites, 3alpha-dihydroprogesterone and
20alpha-dihydroprogesterone, with associated changes in cell proliferation and
detachment.
Pawlak KJ(1), Zhang G, Wiebe JP.
(1)Hormonal Regulatory Mechanisms Laboratory, Department of Biology, University
of Western Ontario, London, Canada.
Previous studies have shown that the progesterone metabolite,
5alpha-pregnane-3,20-dione (5alphaP), exhibits mitogenic and metastatic activity
in breast cell lines and that specific, high affinity receptors for 5alphaP are
located in the plasma membrane fractions of tumorigenic (ER/PR-positive) MCF-7
cells. The aim of this study was to determine the effects of the mitogenic
(estradiol; 5alphaP) and anti-mitogenic (3alpha-hydroxy-4-pregnen-20-one,
3alphaHP; 20alpha-hydroxy-4-pregnen-3-one, 20alphaHP) endogenous steroid hormones
on 5alphaP receptor (5alphaP-R) numbers and on cell proliferation and adhesion of
MCF-7 and MCF-10A cells. Exposure of MCF-7 cells for 24h to estradiol or 5alphaP
resulted in significant (p < 0.05-0.001) dose-dependent increases in 5alphaP-R
levels. Conversely, treatment with 3alphaHP or 20alphaHP resulted in significant
(p < 0.05-0.01) dose-dependent decreases in 5alphaP-R levels. Treatment with one
mitogenic and one anti-mitogenic hormone resulted in inhibition of the
mitogen-induced increases, whereas treatment with two mitogenic or two
anti-mitogenic hormones resulted in additive effects on 5alphaP-R numbers.
Treatments with cycloheximide and actinomycin D indicate that changes in
5alphaP-R levels depend upon transcription and translation. The non-tumorigenic
breast cell line, MCF-10A, was also shown to posses specific, high affinity
plasma membrane receptors for 5alphaP that were up-regulated by estradiol and
5alphaP and down-regulated by 3alphaHP. Estradiol binding was demonstrated in
MCF-10A cell membrane fractions and may explain the estradiol action in these
cells that lack intracellular ER. In both MCF-7 and MCF-10A cells, the increases
in 5alphaP-R due to estradiol or 5alphaP, and decreases due to 3alphaHP or
20alphaHP correlate with respective increases and decreases in cell proliferation
as well as detachment. These results show distribution of 5alphaP-R in several
cell types and they provide further evidence of the significance of progesterone
metabolites and their novel membrane-associated receptors in breast cancer
stimulation and control. The findings that 3alphaHP and 20alphaHP down-regulate
5alphaP-R and suppress mitogenic and metastatic activity
suggest that these
endogenous anti-mitogenic progesterone metabolites deserve considerations in
designing new breast cancer therapeutic agents.

Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000 Jun 16;272(3):731-7.
Plasma membrane receptors for the cancer-regulating progesterone metabolites,
5alpha-pregnane-3,20-dione and 3alpha-hydroxy-4-pregnen-20-one in MCF-7 breast
cancer cells.
Weiler PJ(1), Wiebe JP.
(1)Hormonal Regulatory Mechanisms Laboratory, University of Western Ontario,
London, Canada.
Recent observations indicate that the progesterone metabolite,
5alpha-pregnane-3,20-dione (5alphaP), which is produced at higher levels in
tumorous breast tissue, promotes cell proliferation and detachment, whereas
3alpha-hydroxy-4-pregnen-20-one (3alphaHP), which is produced at higher levels in
nontumorous breast tissue, suppresses proliferation and detachment of MCF-7

breast cancer cells. The objective of the current study was to determine the
presence and characteristics of binding sites for these endogenous putative
cancer-regulating steroid hormones. Radiolabeled 5alphaP and 3alphaHP were used
in radioligand binding assays on MCF-7 cell (membrane, cytosolic, and nuclear)
fractions. Binding of [(3)H]5alphaP and [(3)H]3alphaHP was observed only in the
plasma membrane fraction, whereas estradiol binding sites were confirmed in the
cytosolic and nuclear fractions. The respective membrane binding sites exhibited
specificity for the 5alphaP and 3alphaHP ligands with no appreciable displacement
at 200- to 500-fold excess by other steroids. The association rate constants were
calculated as 0. 107/min and 0.0089/min and the dissociation rate constants were
0. 049 9 and 0.011 for 5alphaP and 3alphaHP, respectively. Saturation analyses
indicated single classes of molecules with dissociation constants of 4.5 and 4.87
nM and receptor densities of 486 and 629 fmol/mg protein, respectively, for
5alphaP and 3alphaHP. Exposure of MCF-7 cells to estradiol for 1, 24, 48, and 72
h resulted in 2.3, 4. 2-, 2.99-, and 1.7-fold increases, respectively, in 5alphaP
receptor density. 3alphaHP resulted in partial suppression of the
estradiol-mediated increase in 5alphaP receptor density. This is the first report
of receptors for the progesterone metabolites, 5alphaP and 3alphaHP, of their
occurrence in breast cancer cell membranes, and of the induction of 5alphaP
receptors by estradiol.
The results provide further support for the potential
importance of progesterone metabolites in breast cancer.
Copyright 2000 Academic Press.

Breast Cancer Res. 2013 May 11;15(3):R38.
Progesterone metabolites regulate induction, growth, and suppression of estrogen-
and progesterone receptor-negative human breast cell tumors.
Wiebe JP(1), Zhang G(2,)(3), Welch I(4), Cadieux-Pitre HA(5).
(1)Department of Biology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario,
N6A5B7, Canada. [email protected] (2)Department of Biology, The University of Western
Ontario, London, Ontario, N6A5B7, Canada. [email protected].
(3)Department of Anatomy & Cell Biology, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry,
The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, N6A 5C1, Canada.
[email protected]. (4)Department of Animal Care & Veterinary Services
and Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Medical Sciences Building, The
University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, N6A 5C1, Canada. [email protected].
(5)Department of Animal Care & Veterinary Services, Medical Sciences Building,
The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, N6A 5C1, Canada.
[email protected].
INTRODUCTION: Of the nearly 1.4 million new cases of breast cancer diagnosed each
year, a large proportion is characterized as hormone receptor negative, lacking
estrogen receptors (ER) and/or progesterone receptors (PR). Patients with
receptor-negative tumors do not respond to current steroid hormone-based
therapies and generally have significantly higher risk of recurrence and
mortality compared with patients with tumors that are ER- and/or PR-positive.
Previous in vitro studies had shown that the progesterone metabolites,
5α-dihydroprogesterone (5αP) and 3α-dihydroprogesterone (3αHP), respectively,
exhibit procancer and anticancer effects
on receptor-negative human breast cell
lines. Here in vivo studies were conducted to investigate the ability of 5αP and
3αHP to control initiation, growth, and regression of ER/PR-negative human breast
cell tumors.
METHODS: ER/PR-negative human breast cells (MDA-MB-231) were implanted into
mammary fat pads of immunosuppressed mice, and the effects of 5αP and 3αHP
treatments on tumor initiation, growth, suppression/regression, and
histopathology were assessed in five separate experiments. Specific
radioimmunoassays and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry were used to measure
5αP, 3αHP, and progesterone in mouse serum and tumors.
RESULTS: Onset and growth of ER/PR-negative human breast cell tumors were
significantly stimulated by 5αP and inhibited by 3αHP. When both hormones were
applied simultaneously, the stimulatory effects of 5αP were abrogated by the
inhibitory effects of 3αHP and vice versa. Treatment with 3αHP subsequent to
5αP-induced tumor initiation resulted in suppression of further tumorigenesis and
regression of existing tumors.
The levels of 5αP in tumors, regardless of
treatment, were about 10-fold higher than the levels of 3αHP, and the 5αP:3αHP
ratios were about fivefold higher than in serum, indicating significant changes
in endogenous synthesis of these hormones in tumorous breast tissues.
CONCLUSIONS: The studies showed that estrogen/progesterone-insensitive breast
tumors are sensitive to, and controlled by, the progesterone metabolites 5αP and
3αHP. Tumorigenesis of ER/PR-negative breast cells is significantly enhanced by
5αP and suppressed by 3αHP, the outcome depending on the relative concentrations
of these two hormones in the microenvironment in the breast regions. The findings
show that the production of 5αP greatly exceeds that of 3αHP in ER/PR-negative
tumors and that treatment with 3αHP can effectively block tumorigenesis and cause
existing tumors to regress. The results provide the first hormonal theory to
explain tumorigenesis of ER/PR-negative breast tissues and support the hypothesis
that a high 3αHP-to-5αP concentration ratio in the microenvironment may foster
normalcy in noncancerous breast regions. The findings suggest new diagnostics
based on the relative levels of these hormones and new approaches to prevention
and treatment of breast cancers based on regulating the levels and action
mechanisms of anti- and pro-cancer progesterone metabolites.

geusterman

MAG, sorry to hear about your mom. We were able to take my wife’s cancer biopsy to a benign level in six months with Brownsteins iodine concept and fenbendazole. There is a blog best viewed on a PC called mycancer story.rocks.
Both are cheap and do not need a doctors involvement.

cmdshiftdel

I second fenbendazole - Look into Joe Tippens protocol. You can buy it on Amazon or get the pet version.

Hugh Johnson

Only some antibiotics are good.

I would look into iodine. There are a lot of anecdotes of it helping and I think it is a pretty safe. Do your research first though.

Then temperature. There was a thread on Temperature Reset here. Allegedly cancer only survives in a cold body. So getting temps up to 37.3+ should cause it to revert to normal.

I would also check out the book Answer Cancer. Steve treated terminal cancer patients with hypnosis, and most of them went into permanent remission. According to him it was typically suppressed anger causing the cancer. Finding a good healer with some understanding of this is hard, but possible. Especially working over a video call.

Jackson Chung

Sorry to hear about your mother! I believe a lot of posts make sense here. I would check with a doctor first and always do deep research before doing anything. But if I weere in your shoes I would "throw everything at it". Multiple treatments at once.

1. Ray Peat Diet (very low fat, emphasize fruit juices like Gerson did)
2. Keep bowels clean (carrots, bamboo soots, cooked mushrooms)
3. Ensure you are getting adequate vitamins (Thiamin and niacinamide seem important). Check the threads here for doses. Again I'd check with a doctor or start small. But I believe Thaimin is effective in doses of 1 gram. Niacinamde I belive is about the same. Again start small and work with a doctor you trust. Don't neglect other vitamins either. Everything works as a system
4. Vitamin D/K are important (check blood levels). DO NOT TAKE WITH VITAMIN E. Get to 40-50 ng/ml (don't remember uniits, check the forum for correct units)
5. DHEA (5-10 mg per day) and Progesterone (don't know dose, check forum but I would wager 100-150 mg/day?) seem important
6. Oxidal and Pyrucet (Haidut's products) seem to be good at getting oxidative metabolism back on track
7. Grounding (just walk barefoot outside in the grass)
8. The quinones are important (COQ10, Cascara, vitamin K)
9. Aspirin seems effective, but i'd be careful due to bleeding risk and take 1 mg vitamin K with every 300 mg aspirin
10. Red light (just get one of those cheap brooder lamps and have your mother lie underneath)
11. Work on psychological issues (see German New Medicine on google or an alternative search engine). Work on her stress levels and resolve issues if possible
12. Keep body energized by eating the RIGHT FOODS
13. Avoid EMF, pesticides, chemicals, bad people, etc...this is common alternative medicine knowledge. Wear cotton clothing.
14. Visualize your body fighting off cancer and affirrm (law of attraction) that your mom is cancer free and she is cancer free. Let it sink into her/your subconscious
15. Have people who love her get together with her and send "healing thoughts" to your mom. Believe the cancer is cured (you have nothing to lose by doing this!)
16. CO2 breathing or high altitude
17. Thyroid Hormone (I don't have much experience with this)
18. Ensure good oral health (swish with 1.5% hydrogen peroxide 2x daily)
19. Baking soda (just swish around in your mouth, like a spoonful. Some should get into the blood without affecting digestion (acid) in a negative manner)
20. Coffee enemas (read about Gerson method)

The above is a good base to get her body strong. I would also look at compounds that directly kill cancer cells and build the immune system:

1. DCA (be careful)
2. Artemensin/Fenbenzole/Ivermectin I've heard good things about
3. Urea
4. Low dose naltrexin (see studies)
5. DMSO/Chlorine Dioxide (topical, again be careful with DMSO, its a very powerful solvent. If clothes touch it or the wrong type of rubber/plastiic it wiill dissolve it and carry it into the body). If you don't know what you are doing I'd skip this part as you could do more harm than good.

Again I wouldn't try to destroy a tumor too quickly or she will get detox symptoms.

I would build on the Ray Peat Principles. Some compounds do kill cancer and or build the immune system but also do other damage. For example beta-glucans mimic endo toxin, but studies show they build the immune system. So be careful.

ALWAYS ALWAYS talk to a medical professional before doing anything. I'm just a dude on the internet expressing his opinion. Always do research, some compounds interfere with others. Go to "Archive.org" and search for the website "Cancertutor.com". The new website was bought by some ***hole who removed the useful material. Archive.com has copies from 2015 with some really important material. That plus the Ray Peat principles will get you far. They are very anti sugar, but the other information is useful.

PS I personally know 4 people who have cured their cancer with alternative trreatments. Its not a death sentence. The only issue is that they are "unproven" and theoretical (with limited human studies). That's what makes application so difficult. Yes she can dye if you don't know what you are doing. There is a huge risk. Always work with a doctor that is open to these ideas.

tasfarelel

How about a more aggressive approach like with RU486 or high-dose cyproheptadine?

My mother just had surgery for invasive ductal carcinoma. She was told it has been fully removed and the lymph’s themselves are clear, but tested positive for “extensive lymphovascular invasion” and the doctor is recommending chemo/radiation.

I can’t find much info on this. We’re at a loss. My mom does not want to opt for chemo and radiation at all. She was already hesitant for surgery.

I would really appreciate some insight here. I know things like aspirin, progesterone/dhea, vitamin E, low pufa, gelatin, red light, thyroid, antibiotics, etc have been said to be helpful for cancer.. if treatment should be avoided are there any studies or findings from Ray that would advise to proper dosage of these approaches above? Thank you all
“Many studies over the last 30 years have shown caffeine to be highly protective against all kinds of carcinogenesis, including estrogen’s carcinogenic effects on the breast. Caffeine is now being used along with some of the standard cancer treatments, to improve their effects or to reduce their side effects. There are substances in the coffee berry besides caffeine that protect against mutations and cancer, and that have shown strong therapeutic effects against cancer. Although many plant substances are protective against mutations and cancer, I don’t know of any that is as free of side effects as coffee.” Ray Peat

cdg

Wish you all the best hope this dialogue with Dr. Peat will be useful to you.

Dr. Peat:

Sadly my wife has been diagnosed via ultra sound as likely having breast cancer. We have studied much of your work and are doing the following per what we have gleaned.

1) 6 grams of aspirin (dissolved in boiling water then strained) in divided does with food

2) Progest E topically (mixed with olive oil) and orally - can you please suggest a oral dose? At the moment she is doing about 8th to quarter teaspoon 3 or 4 times a day. Maybe she should use 3 to 4 teaspoons a day?

3) Reducing serotonin by taking 6 mg of Cyproheptadin (fortunately we can get it without prescription in Canada) divided does per
Cyproheptadine (12mg daily) cures patient's metastatic liver cancer in just 2 weeks Cyproheptadine (12mg daily) cures patient’s metastatic liver cancer in just 2 weeks – To Extract Knowledge from Matter but are using 6 mg because Cypro is counter indicated for narrow angle glaucoma which she has.

4) We are confused about using baking soda. We heard you mention in one of your podcasts that one could take 1 1/2 oz or 40 grams a day but are not sure how to take it. There are many suggestion on the net using maple syrup etc. and it not clear what is the best way to take it. Also this will change the bodies ph etc thus possibly interfering with other things we are going above. Can you please specify on how to take it with or without maple syrup, between meals and the type of baking soda. There are rumors that the Arm and Hammer is contaminated with aluminum although the company denies it?

5) We are in the process of setting up CO2 baths.

6) Besides lactic acid (see below) are there other biomarkers for cancer that we should check?

We do not want to do biopsies and Mammograms as these will exacerbate the situation.

Her vitamin D levels are good and the lactic acid is mid range see attached labs.

She is on 1 grain of Cynoplus - 1/2 tablet.

We follow much of your principles in our dietary regiment - avoiding as much as possible PUFA's drinking milk mostly skimmed with the cream used to for coffee, mostly root vegetable, squashes, oats, orange juice and fruits.

Many many thanks and blessings,

Dr Peats response:

Crystalline aspirin USP is available in one pound bags on the Internet, and it easier to use because of the purity. Larger amounts of progesterone are safe, as long as they don't cause too much sedation. It's good to interrupt the doses for a few days, once a month, to maintain anti-estrogen potency. Acetazolamide helps the body retain more CO2. Starting baking soda with about a teaspoonful in half a glass of water, it can be increased according to its effects. Some people confused "baking powder" with baking soda; Arm & Hammer baking soda is very pure. Lidocaine HCl is available as pure powder, and can be used orally as well as topically. An oral dose of 50 mg, with a daily total of up to 500 mg, is safe.

British Journal of Anaesthesia
Volume 121, Issue 4, October 2018, Pages 962-968
Lidocaine inhibits cytoskeletal remodelling and human breast cancer cell migration
Abstract
Background
The metastatic potential of breast cancer cells has been strongly associated with overexpression of the chemokine CXCL12 and the activity of its receptor CXCR4. Lidocaine, a local anaesthetic that can be used during breast cancer excision, inhibits the growth, invasion, and migration of cancer cells. We therefore investigated, in a breast cancer cell line, whether lidocaine can modulate CXCL12-induced responses.
Methods
Intracellular calcium, cytoskeleton remodelling, and cell migration were assessed in vitro in MDA-MB-231 cells, a human breast cancer epithelial cell line, after exposure to lidocaine (10 M or 100 M).
Results
Lidocaine (10 or 100 M) significantly inhibited CXCR4 signalling, resulting in reduced calcium release (Fluo 340 nm/380 nm, 0.76 mean difference, p<0.0001), impaired cytoskeleton remodelling (F-Actin fluorescence mean intensity, 21 mean difference, P=0.002), and decreased motility of cancer cells, both in the scratch wound assay (wound area at 21 h, 19%, P<0.0001), and in chemotaxis experiments (fluorescence mean intensity, 0.16, P=0.0047). The effect of lidocaine was not associated with modulation of the CD44 adhesion molecule.
Conclusions
At clinical concentrations, lidocaine significantly inhibits CXCR4 signalling. The results presented shed new insights on the molecular mechanisms governing the inhibitory effect of lidocaine on cell migration.
Keywordsbreast cancercell migrationCXCR4CXCL12lidocaine

Anticancer Res. 2018 Jan;38(1):95-105.
Antitumor Effects of Lidocaine on Human Breast Cancer Cells: An In Vitro and In Vivo Experimental Trial
Thi�n-Nga Chamaraux-Tran 1 2 3 4 5, Carole Mathelin 2 3 4 5 6, Marc Aprahamian 7, Girish P Joshi 8, Catherine Tomasetto 2 3 4 5, Pierre Diemunsch 9 5 7, Cherif Akladios 5 6 7
Abstract
Aim: Retrospective studies have suggested a protective effect of regional anesthesia against recurrence after cancer surgery. But confirmation of the in vivo antitumor effects is lacking. We examined the in vitro antitumor effects of lidocaine on various breast cancer cell lines and then assessed these properties in vivo at clinically relevant concentrations.
Materials and methods: In vitro experiments: normal breast epithelial cells (NBEC) MCF-10A and three tumor breast epithelial cells (TBEC) lines (MCF-7 luminal A, MDA-MB-231 triple-negative and SKBr3 HER2 positive) were exposed to increasing concentrations of lidocaine. Cell viability, migration and anchorage-independent growth were assessed by MTT, wound healing, and soft-agar growth assays. In vivo experiments: 6-week-old severe combined immunodeficient mice were injected intraperitoneally with MDA-MB-231 cells and were treated with intraperitoneal lidocaine or phosphate-buffered saline. The mice were euthanized when they reached experimental endpoints or sacrificed to determine peritoneal carcinomatosis index and global tumor volumes.
Results: Lidocaine reduced the viability of all the cell lines, inhibited migration of TBEC compared to the NBEC, and compromised the anchorage-independent growth of the triple-negative cells. Intraperitoneal lidocaine improved survival of mice with MDA-MB-231 peritoneal carcinomatosis using doses that are consistent with the current clinical settings for analgesia.

Conclusion: In agreement with the notion that local anesthesia may be beneficial for cancer therapy, lidocaine has a protective effect against breast cancer cells in experimental studies. However, the beneficial impact of local anesthetics on breast cancer needs to be strengthened by additional preclinical and clinical trials.
Keywords: Local anesthetics; MDA-MB-231 cell line; breast cancer; lidocaine; xenograft model antitumor assays.
Copyright 2018, International Institute of Anticancer Research (Dr. George J. Delinasios), All rights reserved.

Integr Cancer Ther. Jan-Dec 2020;19:1534735420922579.
Does Baking Soda Function as a Magic Bullet for Patients With Cancer? A Mini Review
Mengyuan Yang 1 , Xian Zhong 1 , Ying Yuan 1
Free PMC article
Abstract
Sodium bicarbonate, commonly known as baking soda, is widely used in the clinic as an antacid for treating gastric hyperacidity, among other conditions. Chao et al have reported a clinical trial about targeting intratumor lactic acidosis-transarterial chemoembolization. Based on conventional transarterial chemoembolization, the authors added a 5% sodium bicarbonate solution to cytotoxic drugs, resulting in a high local control rate. The explanation for the antitumor effects of sodium bicarbonate is related to acidosis in the tumor microenvironment. In this review, we summarize the findings from studies administering sodium bicarbonate alone or in combination with other anticancer therapies as cancer treatments, and discuss methods for safe and effective use of sodium bicarbonate in the clinic.
Keywords: TILA-TACE; animal experiments; review; sodium bicarbonate; tumor microenvironment.

My note:

Many many thanks Dr. Peat, one issue with aspirin is bruises (leaky capillaries?) on the skin is there a remedy to reduce and or prevent these?

Dr Peat:

Vitamin K protects against that. Aged cheese and kale are sources; supplements shouldn't contain MCT.

My Note:

Many many thanks Dr. Peat, regarding the use of Acetazolamide 250mg 30 pills which I just ordered from Medicina Mexico. Was wondering what dose should we start with?

Dr Peat:

Sometimes 125 mg is enough, so it's good to start with that. If larger doses produce too much acidosis (with fatigue and lethargy) it can be reduced.

My Note:

Just a quick note to let you know that my wife, other than some fatigue, is doing well with all your help.

Just a few more questions.

1) The large doses (6 gms) of aspirin in water with meals started out ok but then she developed some sensitivity and hearing loss. We are able to deal with the sensitivity by adding gelatin to the water - this seems to the best way to take it. Since she is not in any pain can we reduce the dose progressively if so how do you suggest we go about it? This will really help with the hearing issue.

2) We ordered some Lidocaine HCL but it is stuck in customs. Luckily one of the local pharmacy was able to get some but ended up ordering
Lidocaine base crystalline powder USP (Formula: C14-H22-N2-O) which it seems is not water soluble. But subsequently they did order the correct version (Lidocaine Hydrochloride Monohydrate Chemical Formula: C14-H22-N2-O HCL.H20)*. Had a quick look at the safety data sheets on both types which have dire warning regarding swallowing the crystals etc Assume we can ignore these warnings for small doses? Also can we still use the base crystalline one with say some olive oil for topical use?

3) At the moment she has stopped the baking soda (too many things to coordinate) but plan to cycle it soon for a week or so.

3) Finally got the 250 mg Acetazolamide from Mexico. Since she is doing regular CO2 bag baths several times a day. Thought it might be best to use only at night as even a 1/4 tablet makes her dizzy when she gets up in the morning?

Dr Peat:

It's o.k. to reduce the aspirin according to hearing. The base dissolved in ethanol or olive will have a different potency, so will have to be tested by itself to find the right dose. 200 mg in a single systemic dose is the limit, a day's total of about 500 mg. I make a 4% solution and then take the appropriate amount of that in milk or orange juice at intervals so that it doesn't numb my throat going in. The gas bag, bicarbonate, and acetazolamide can have overlapping symptoms. Too much acetazolamide can build up acidosis, producing fatigue and weakness; baking soda alleviates that.

My Note:

Alas that was the end of our conversation which started in May 19, 2022 and ended on June 21, 2022.
* I make 4% Lidocaine Hydrochloride by dissolving 8 grams in 400ml of distilled water and take a teaspoon (50mg) several times a day (not exceeding 10 teaspoons max) It is easy to dissolve but it is downright bitter! So follow Dr. Peats suggestions above.

We use the 33"x48" 3 mil plastic bag for CO baths. A 20lb CO2 cylinder can last up to a month when done once or twice a day my wife is little over 5'

Aspirin and Acetazolamide are contraindicated so use with at 6 hours away from each other.

Writing this note makes me very very sad I miss him very much and wish he was stil with us.
Heartbroken - Dr. Peat has passed

Attachments

• fcell-08-00565sm.pdf
    293.8 KB · Views: 52
OP
M

MAG

Thank you all so much for taking the time to help. You all offered excellent advice and we are implementing many of them so far

mgrabs

Dr Brownstein has talked a lot about high dose iodine curing/shrinking breast cancer

Aromatase inhibitor like high dose exemestene help?
High altitude living?
I heard this one peptide GDF-11 being used for cancer.
Hypoxia inducible factors?
Methylene blue + red light on the spot of cancer.
Proton radiation therapy? (more targeted damage, as opposed to full body poison with chemo)
Magnets?
Immunotherapy?
Finding out what type of cancer and what fuel source it prefers?

These are just for ideas to research further, I dont know if any of these work or not or make it worse

Jackson Chung

MAG many excellent ideas here. Remember there is no one silver bullet. All therapies have an effect which when combined will achieve the desired result. Please keep us up to date on your mother!

L_C

Perhaps this thread will help to get some answers:

Orome

Forum Supporter
Go to "Archive.org" and search for the website "Cancertutor.com". The new website was bought by some ***hole who removed the useful material. Archive.com has copies from 2015 with some really important material.
That was my thought as well. They have transformed a once great website into a horrible website. Was very likely done with that exact purpose. So it would make me believe that the material on the old website was good & valid and would make me look into it even more.

A lot of great advice in this threat. Maybe also have a look on Ray's website. Search on google site:raypeat.com cancer.

Wishing all the best for your mother.

Jackson Chung

That was my thought as well. They have transformed a once great website into a horrible website. Was very likely done with that exact purpose. So it would make me believe that the material on the old website was good & valid and would make me look into it even more.

A lot of great advice in this threat. Maybe also have a look on Ray's website. Search on google site:raypeat.com cancer.

Wishing all the best for your mother.

You're on to something!! I started reading that website in 2011, man is there good information there. Now its complete garbage.

Really makes you wonder...

any idea how to download the archived website lol?

L_C

Does anybody know when was the cancertutor.com website bought or changed? Just wondering when would be the last snapshot before the web got transformed...thanks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals