Diet While Hypercalcemic?

Nathan777

Hi Everyone, first post on the forum. Going to try and keep it super brief but happy to flesh things out with info if requested.

- Serum calcium 11.1, measured twice
- Dad had hyperparathyroid due to benign adenoma a few years ago and corrected via surgery
- Serum phosphate low in-range (2.7), serum magnesium slightly high (2.6), Vitamin D ~50 NG/ml
- Awaiting PTH results (lab screwed up the most important test, of course...)
- T3 quite low, 2.2 (will request NDT from Dr and potentially add extra T3 as well)
- Metabolism destroyed from years of intermittent fasting, one meal a day, 48 hour fasts, keto, zero carb, low cal, etc. That's how I found RP and am super excited to work more into it eventually.
- Extreme fatigue, brain fog, general malaise and "blah"-ness
- PDF of full labs attached

Basically, while awaiting diagnostics and most likely surgery to remove adenoma causing hyperparathyroidism, what should my diet look like given already high serum calcium? My first thought before full labs was hypercalcemia due to huge phosphate/calcium imbalance from abusing my body with zero carb, so I upped calcium intake, but almost immediately felt worse and now seeing phosphate labs that theory seems unlikely. I've always taken K2, but have upped that to hopefully prevent calcium from ending up in soft tissues. Have read studies showing that aspirin can lower serum calcium? Water/liquid intake with added sodium to help calcium excretion? Low dietary calcium intake? Anything else?

Again, I'm not looking long-term (as I'm super excited to eventually make lattes a go-to beverage), just trying to optimize my health for the next month or two until surgery takes place (although this isn't a guarantee as Dr is still in diagnostic stage, so if my labs point to other potential causes please let me know). Thanks!

Attachments

• Labs.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 12

paymanz

Dont forget to have decent vitamin A intake, the animal form retinol.

OP
Nathan777

Nathan777

Dont forget to have decent vitamin A intake, the animal form retinol.

Good call. I've always tried to have liver 1-2x/week, oysters 2-3x/week, and eggs 4-7x/week, so I'll definitely keep that up.

Are you getting enough sodium and potassium?

I think so! I salt to taste with Himalayan or other unrefined salt, add a sprinkle to beverages, and also got in the habit of adding a little sprinkle of potassium chloride powder to foods during my keto days where electrolyte intake is always stressed. My potassium is at very top of range and sodium is around middle.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals