Gut issues or something else?

OP
P

pure1instinct

Forum Supporter
Thanks for this. Coincidentally I ordered TUDCA yesterday as I struggle with itching (Mentioned elsewhere) which is indicated in liver conditions. Hopefully it's nothing too serious (I had blood tests at the GP some years ago and didn't hear any more...maybe I should do some private tests.)
I would recommend still getting the lab test done for your piece of mind. I recently got mine done and they came back normal. However, that doesn’t mean i don’t have a sluggish liver or gut. If you feel something is off it’s good to investigate and try some things to see if you experience relief. This way you begin to find answers to your symptoms..

I’m going to get some tudca this week so we’ll see..let us know what it does for you

Peater

I would recommend still getting the lab test done for your piece of mind. I recently got mine done and they came back normal. However, that doesn’t mean i don’t have a sluggish liver or gut. If you feel something is off it’s good to investigate and try some things to see if you experience relief. This way you begin to find answers to your symptoms..

I’m going to get some tudca this week so we’ll see..let us know what it does for you

I'd definitely like to, I only had enough spare cash for some supps or tests so I thought I might as well just get supps and if they don't work then nothing lost!

Are liver tests less prone to (Not sure how to phrase it) 'false results'...sort of like how standard estrogen tests can detect blood estrogen but not tissue estrogen? I don't think that's the case, the things they measure seem quite well established, but I wondered.

OP
P

pure1instinct

Forum Supporter
I'd definitely like to, I only had enough spare cash for some supps or tests so I thought I might as well just get supps and if they don't work then nothing lost!

Are liver tests less prone to (Not sure how to phrase it) 'false results'...sort of like how standard estrogen tests can detect blood estrogen but not tissue estrogen? I don't think that's the case, the things they measure seem quite well established, but I wondered.
I think liver function test will tell you if there is anything serious going on that you should worry about. Always good to double check

Peater

I think liver function test will tell you if there is anything serious going on that you should worry about. Always good to double check
Thanks, I'll order one as soon as i can and post the results. I have started tudca now so is it worth waiting before the test? I was itchy last night a bit, not too bad. First day of tudca, 1000mg total. Feel pretty good this morning but woke early needing sugar.

What do you think? Thanks again.

OP
P

pure1instinct

Forum Supporter
Thanks, I'll order one as soon as i can and post the results. I have started tudca now so is it worth waiting before the test? I was itchy last night a bit, not too bad. First day of tudca, 1000mg total. Feel pretty good this morning but woke early needing sugar.

What do you think? Thanks again.
I would start taking it now I don’t see why not. And every time I start a new supplement I almost always feel like I need more sugar. It might be because it’s increasing sugar metabolism. Anything that gets things moving requires energy so I assume that’s why we sometimes feel like we need more sugar. Hopefully it helps with the symptoms you’re having

OP
P

pure1instinct

Forum Supporter
Excess iron stimulates bacterial growth. Blood donation can help.
Did you had covìd?
Is there a way to test for excess iron?

I gave blood last year before my symptoms started.

And yes I got covid twice in 2021 and early 2022. They felt like mild cases though.

Peater

I would start taking it now I don’t see why not. And every time I start a new supplement I almost always feel like I need more sugar. It might be because it’s increasing sugar metabolism. Anything that gets things moving requires energy so I assume that’s why we sometimes feel like we need more sugar. Hopefully it helps with the symptoms you’re having

Thanks! I'll see how I get on with the TUDCA - I am also taking taurine, and a supplement called BioDisrupt which contains NAC among other things, for the potential Bartonella biofilm. I know multiple new/additional supplements isn't ideal but I am having to try and 'fight two fronts'. I do know that taurine alone didn't stop it.

Today was good, little to no itching, and I don't think the BioDisrupt would work that fast so I am comfortable attributing the improvements to TUDCA. Let's see what happens and how long it lasts.

Michael Mohn

Is there a way to test for excess iron?

I gave blood last year before my symptoms started.

And yes I got covid twice in 2021 and early 2022. They felt like mild cases though.
Did you have a metallic taste in the mouth/nose for a while? A phenomenon that happens often with infection is called hemolysis, lots of red blood cells die off and release heme iron. The excess iron can cause gut issues due to bacterial overgrowth and cause the metallic taste/smell.
Excess heme, a complex protein structure can cause all sorts of problems, especially problems with circulation.
Blood donations to reduce iron.
Proteolytic enzymes to detoxify free heme.
EDTA infusion sounds very interesting to me, I'm looking for a doctor at the moment.

Mushrooms, Carrot and red beet salad help me with gut bugs but antibiotics, aspirin and anti histamines only help in the short term.

There are blood tests for iron but I think it's not worth it. Excess iron is often hidden in tissues and don't show up in blood tests. Haidut's hair&nail analysis might show something but iron deficiency is rare, iron excess is frequent and you get it up quickly with diet.

Last edited:
OP
P

pure1instinct

Forum Supporter
Did you have a metallic taste in the mouth/nose for a while? A phenomenon that happens often with infection is called hemolysis, lots of red blood cells die off and release heme iron. The excess iron can cause gut issues due to bacterial overgrowth and cause the metallic taste/smell.
Excess heme, a complex protein structure can cause all sorts of problems, especially problems with circulation.
Blood donations to reduce iron.
Proteolytic enzymes to detoxify free heme.
EDTA infusion sounds very interesting to me, I'm looking for a doctor at the moment.

Mushrooms, Carrot and red beet salad help me with gut bugs but antibiotics, aspirin and anti histamines only help in the short term.

There are blood tests for iron but I think it's not worth it. Excess iron is often hidden in tissues and don't show up in blood tests. Haidut's hair&nail analysis might show something but iron deficiency is rare, iron excess is frequent and you get it up quickly with diet.
I actually did have a metallic taste when my symptoms were at the worst. But usually with electrolytes or some sugar it would go away.

Thank you I’m going to look more into this. I’ve been having gut issues along with chronic fatigue and someone else on here mentioned iron and copper imbalances as something to look into.

You said you don’t trust any test for this situation?

Michael Mohn

You said you don’t trust any test for this situation?
Tests take time and money, the blood test values are often inconclusive and if the costs & risks of a possible therapy are lower than the test you just do a therapeutic test. Blood donations, EDTA infusion, dietary changes to lower iron levels, all together cost less than blood tests and have no health risk. Also you test for a result/diagnosis that you can address with an intervention. For what possible diagnosis do you want to test for?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals