Gut issues or something else?

pure1instinct

Forum Supporter
Hello,

I was hoping you guys could give me some advice or point me in the right direction. I think I might have a gut infection/dysbiosis..What is a good test or first step to figure that out?

I’ve been struggling with the same problem for some time now and it’s seems like I have to drink 5 times the sugar and electrolytes to feel normal. Otherwise I get feelings of dehydration, high blood pressure and panic.

I’ve done blood work and doctors says my labs look good but I feel horrible.

My gut is always bloated even tho I don’t eat much since this is affecting my appetite. I also have acid reflux and slow gut motility. The carrot salad seems to help some..I also started on cascara today but any additional advice to push things forward would be great

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Hello,

I was hoping you guys could give me some advice or point me in the right direction. I think I might have a gut infection/dysbiosis..What is a good test or first step to figure that out?

I’ve been struggling with the same problem for some time now and it’s seems like I have to drink 5 times the sugar and electrolytes to feel normal. Otherwise I get feelings of dehydration, high blood pressure and panic.

I’ve done blood work and doctors says my labs look good but I feel horrible.

My gut is always bloated even tho I don’t eat much since this is affecting my appetite. I also have acid reflux and slow gut motility. The carrot salad seems to help some..I also started on cascara today but any additional advice to push things forward would be great
GI-MAP is a good stool test to run. If candida or yeast is an issue, more sugar right now will exacerbate the problem.

wtf

If I get stuck in a gut rut, which seems to be happening lately when I hit watermelons or mangos to hard consecutively, symptoms are loss of drive, fatigue and overall dread, loose stools, bloat. I use the charcoal (1TBS), applecider vinegar(1TBS), coconut oil (1TBS) method once or twice that I learned from a post by @Hans and quickly get back on track. Feeding gut bacteria with those two fruits (FODMAPS?) seems to really cause problems even though they are my favorite.

OP
P

pure1instinct

Forum Supporter
GI-MAP is a good stool test to run. If candida or yeast is an issue, more sugar right now will exacerbate the problem.
I’ll look into the GI-Map.

The problem is that sugar like in fruit juice or soda is what best helps me lower the stress response.

OP
P

pure1instinct

Forum Supporter
If I get stuck in a gut rut, which seems to be happening lately when I hit watermelons or mangos to hard consecutively, symptoms are loss of drive, fatigue and overall dread, loose stools, bloat. I use the charcoal (1TBS), applecider vinegar(1TBS), coconut oil (1TBS) method once or twice that I learned from a post by @Hans and quickly get back on track. Feeding gut bacteria with those two fruits (FODMAPS?) seems to really cause problems even though they are my favorite.
Interesting I have ate mangoes and watermelon recently! I do eat coconut and ACV daily but not currently any charcoal

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
I’ll look into the GI-Map.

The problem is that sugar like in fruit juice or soda is what best helps me lower the stress response.
GABA, glycine, theanine, pregnenolone can also help. You can have sugar, but a huge amount may be detrimental if you have yeast overgrowth as they can turn the sugar into alcohol and acetaldehyde - and that will probably make you feel worse. Just saying - no guarantee you have yeast overgrowth but it is likely based on what you wrote earlier IMO.

OP
P

pure1instinct

Forum Supporter
GABA, glycine, theanine, pregnenolone can also help. You can have sugar, but a huge amount may be detrimental if you have yeast overgrowth as they can turn the sugar into alcohol and acetaldehyde - and that will probably make you feel worse. Just saying - no guarantee you have yeast overgrowth but it is likely based on what you wrote earlier IMO.
Thank you will consider these supplements. I currently take pregnenolone.

Also, do you think I should consider antibiotics in this situation?

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Thank you will consider these supplements. I currently take pregnenolone.

Also, do you think I should consider antibiotics in this situation?
You should ask your doctor that :) I personally am a herbal pathogen protocol guy. This is one thing I found quite jarring on this forum honestly - so many people default to pharma's poisons when we have dozens of plant allies we can use to cleanse ourselves and our animals....

wtf

Interesting I have ate mangoes and watermelon recently! I do eat coconut and ACV daily but not currently any charcoal
The charcoal should be used infrequently according to peat. I understand it as a highly adsorptive media that can bind endotoxins to lessen their adsorbtion, similar to the carrot salad but more potent. and calm down the inflammation cascade. The precautions are this binding would not be selective to endotoxins but all compounds including nutrients and something called persorbtion which is where the actual small particles get past the gut lining and cause there own inflammation. (someone please help me with that definition) Also similar to carrot salad it may help bring the antimicrobial compounds to where there needed before they get digested. Again this is just my understanding.

OP
P

pure1instinct

Forum Supporter
You should ask your doctor that :) I personally am a herbal pathogen protocol guy. This is one thing I found quite jarring on this forum honestly - so many people default to pharma's poisons when we have dozens of plant allies we can use to cleanse ourselves and our animals....
Excellent..thank you..going to start with GI Map and go from there

OP
P

pure1instinct

Forum Supporter
The charcoal should be used infrequently according to peat. I understand it as a highly adsorptive media that can bind endotoxins to lessen their adsorbtion, similar to the carrot salad but more potent. and calm down the inflammation cascade. The precautions are this binding would not be selective to endotoxins but all compounds including nutrients and something called persorbtion which is where the actual small particles get past the gut lining and cause there own inflammation. (someone please help me with that definition) Also similar to carrot salad it may help bring the antimicrobial compounds to where there needed before they get digested. Again this is just my understanding.
Gonna add some charcoal this week..so combining with carrot salad should have twice the effect I’m assuming?

Greyfox

How's your choline intake? A frequent problem that comes up in this forum is a situation with compromised guts and livers causing a metabolic gridlock. Working on liver and gut health is a process unfortunately and can take some time. Choline can really help to empty a liver. In fact when i was the most constipated in my life, no laxative or diet change would help, but choline bitartrate powder is crazy on its ability to shift things from the liver. I could actually feel bulk moving out of my liver and dumping into my intestines. The bowel movements after that are some of the BIGGEST i have ever had. You also need choline to produce androgens from cholesterol so that also would have a benefitial overall effect.

wtf

How's your choline intake? A frequent problem that comes up in this forum is a situation with compromised guts and livers causing a metabolic gridlock. Working on liver and gut health is a process unfortunately and can take some time. Choline can really help to empty a liver. In fact when i was the most constipated in my life, no laxative or diet change would help, but choline bitartrate powder is crazy on its ability to shift things from the liver. I could actually feel bulk moving out of my liver and dumping into my intestines. The bowel movements after that are some of the BIGGEST i have ever had. You also need choline to produce androgens from cholesterol so that also would have a benefitial overall effect.
+1 on fix the liver

OP
P

pure1instinct

Forum Supporter
At the moment I’m eating about four eggs a day.
So I guess not enough?

I found this guys instagram and he seems to focus a lot on the liver and he believes a lot of our issues stem from sluggish liver. This is an article from his website.

Maybe I should try a liver detox and see what results I get.

GreekDemiGod

If I'm not mistaken, too much Coline can cause depression.

Greyfox

So I guess not enough?

I found this guys instagram and he seems to focus a lot on the liver and he believes a lot of our issues stem from sluggish liver. This is an article from his website.

Eggs have never got the bile flowing like the powder form of choline for me. Maybe due to it's solubility. I think to get things moving a good loading dose of choline can work wonders. Then move over to a maintainence dose from eggs.

Greyfox

If I'm not mistaken, too much Coline can cause depression.
I've never experienced that but I don't use it everyday. Once a month or so. I think stagnation in the liver could cause depression as well. The only symptoms i've noticed from choline supplementation besides the massive bowel movements, was a raging erection combined with the need to go to sleep. Also pleasant mental imagery at the same time.

Peater

So I guess not enough?

Thanks for this. Coincidentally I ordered TUDCA yesterday as I struggle with itching (Mentioned elsewhere) which is indicated in liver conditions. Hopefully it's nothing too serious (I had blood tests at the GP some years ago and didn't hear any more...maybe I should do some private tests.)

OP
P

pure1instinct

Forum Supporter
Excellent. Yeah seems like something I can try every once in a while to get things moving.

Something else I recently added that seems to be helping is pancreatic enzymes. Someone else on the forum suggested it and I believe it’s also increasing my energy. Like they’re helping break down food more efficiently. I’ve only been using three days and already feel the benefit

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals