Grassfed

Cloudhands

i was curious if anyone could give me advice. im considering eating beef kidney from the local grocery store. its not organic or grassfed though. what are the risks of eating conventional meat? im weighing these potential cons against the nutritional content and low price of the meat.

Nomane Euger

i was curious if anyone could give me advice. im considering eating beef kidney from the local grocery store. its not organic or grassfed though. what are the risks of eating conventional meat? im weighing these potential cons against the nutritional content and low price of the meat.
toxic kidneys taste disgusting,taste it unseasoned,you will know if its risky or not,every time i swallowed a piece of kidney that had some unpleasants taste i ended up wth kidneys pains or lung pains.its very rare to find kidneys that taste great even when these are grass fed grass finished,conventionals ones must be even worst.i suggest you grass fed grass finished young lamb/veal kidneys ,these are the most likely to taste good and make you feel great,specifically in warm weathers during spring/summer

Nebula

I wouldn’t eat conventional organs or anything that has been processed through a large facility. The only kidney that has ever tasted delicious to me was from a nearby large ranch that herds their cattle year round on rangeland and using mobile slaughterhouses. I can’t afford their muscle meat prices, but the organ prices even at these quality pasture raised operations is usually reasonable for people on a budget like me. I’ve just stopped buying supplements and buy quality organs now.

Neeters 27

There's no such thing as grass-fed anything where I live in my part of Canada. and I woudnt trust it either, because there's only grass 3 or 4 months of the year. so livestock has to live on grain rest of the year. even regular beef is now unaffordable, I saw just last week at my local chain grocery store, rib roast was 63.99 a kilogram! ($29,08 a lb) 3 years ago that was 4.99 a lb. one rib steak was $23 bucks...ridiculous! There are only 4 meat plants that process beef in all of Ontario and Quebec. (there's a class action suit against them for price fixing launched last week.) there are a few small hobby farms that offer lamb, but they are govt regulated as well, municipal by-law inspect them and its a nightmare apparently) and the price is exorbitant! its cheaper to buy supplements and live on rice and beans these days...and forget fish and seafood. its all from weird places and who knows what you're getting when its chopped and frozen. up to 90% of it is mislabelled. a rotisserie chicken used to be $7.99 at Metro and Sobeys, now they are $15.99, on sale earlier this weeks for $10.99. when we got it home we realized it was about 1 lb, probably a 5 week old chick no meat small bones and terrible. I fed it to the cats. there are NO low prices for meat in Ontario.

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

There's no such thing as grass-fed anything where I live in my part of Canada. and I woudnt trust it either, because there's only grass 3 or 4 months of the year. so livestock has to live on grain rest of the year. even regular beef is now unaffordable, I saw just last week at my local chain grocery store, rib roast was 63.99 a kilogram! ($29,08 a lb) 3 years ago that was 4.99 a lb. one rib steak was $23 bucks...ridiculous! There are only 4 meat plants that process beef in all of Ontario and Quebec. (there's a class action suit against them for price fixing launched last week.) there are a few small hobby farms that offer lamb, but they are govt regulated as well, municipal by-law inspect them and its a nightmare apparently) and the price is exorbitant! its cheaper to buy supplements and live on rice and beans these days...and forget fish and seafood. its all from weird places and who knows what you're getting when its chopped and frozen. up to 90% of it is mislabelled. a rotisserie chicken used to be $7.99 at Metro and Sobeys, now they are $15.99, on sale earlier this weeks for $10.99. when we got it home we realized it was about 1 lb, probably a 5 week old chick no meat small bones and terrible. I fed it to the cats. there are NO low prices for meat in Ontario.
would u eat grain fed beef it was affordable? the kidney is super cheap i just cant decide if its so toxic that i should avoid it or not

Neeters 27

I dont like the smell or taste of kidney so I would never eat it. yes I have bought some cuts of beef, sirloin tip points that I cook low and slow and make gravy. actually I dont eat organ meats. they are not good in taste or texture to me, some folks like them. I am of the opinion that kidneys and livers are filters of the body's garbage, so I dont think they are clean to eat.

Nomane Euger

would u eat grain fed beef it was affordable? the kidney is super cheap i just cant decide if its so toxic that i should avoid it or not
hi cloud hands,eat it,see how it taste and how it make you feel,from my experiences organ are what are gonna suffer the most from grain feeding,taste the kidneys,if it taste bad and or make you feel bad dont eat it

Nomane Euger

I dont like the smell or taste of kidney so I would never eat it. yes I have bought some cuts of beef, sirloin tip points that I cook low and slow and make gravy. actually I dont eat organ meats. they are not good in taste or texture to me, some folks like them. I am of the opinion that kidneys and livers are filters of the body's garbage, so I dont think they are clean to eat.
do you have any reason to believe that liver concentrate more "garbage"than other parts of the body?

Neeters 27

do you have any reason to believe that liver concentrate more "garbage"than other parts of the body?
I do, and why does one want to ingest liver concentrate? if one is low in iron due to diet restrictions/non meat eater, then one can choose to supplement with a non-heme iron supplement such as Feramax, it is a polysaccharide iron , mineral sourced not animal, and fixes anemia in 2 weeks. I have used this supplement with great success in the past.

Nomane Euger

I do, and why does one want to ingest liver concentrate? if one is low in iron due to diet restrictions/non meat eater, then one can choose to supplement with a non-heme iron supplement such as Feramax, it is a polysaccharide iron , mineral sourced not animal, and fixes anemia in 2 weeks. I have used this supplement with great success in the past.
whats your reasons to believe liver concentrate more "garbage"than the rest of the body?

Birdie

A lot of "grass fed" isn't what we'd think it would be.
Industrial Organics are not all bad. They help cut down on our nation’s chemical and antibiotic use.
BUT.
The deceptive marketing claims are wrong. We need to pull back the Industrial Curtain layer by layer so everyone in this country can see what lies behind.
Please help spread the word.
It’s time more people wake up and start supporting small farms across the country again. Those farms are where the real, truly pastured organics all began.

Lollipop2

A lot of "grass fed" isn't what we'd think it would be.
Industrial Organics are not all bad. They help cut down on our nation’s chemical and antibiotic use.
BUT.
The deceptive marketing claims are wrong. We need to pull back the Industrial Curtain layer by layer so everyone in this country can see what lies behind.
Please help spread the word.
It’s time more people wake up and start supporting small farms across the country again. Those farms are where the real, truly pastured organics all began.
WoW! What an interesting article @Birdie, thank you for sharing. I knew this kind of deception existed in the poultry industry from the film: “Holly Chickens”. I guess I should have known it existed in beef as well. Luckily, I get mine from a local farm. Really the way to go.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals