Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I was definitely sensitive to EMFs back in 2020 when I was at my worst. I had to turn on airplane mode on my cell phone in order to sleep.
From 2007 to 2017 our EMF exposure increased something like 17 trillion times. When the proper EMF mitigation is deployed it changes everything. The body is under a tremendous amount of stress all the time from EMF. When the chaos from the EMF is removed, many can literally feel the body exhale for the first time and the tension leave. And when that happens it is game on, deep detox starts and everything starts to gradually get better.
betaine, and niacin
Niacin is definitely a game changer and betaine from sourdough bread seems to be working well too.

orangebear

From 2007 to 2017 our EMF exposure increased something like 17 trillion times. When the proper EMF mitigation is deployed it changes everything. The body is under a tremendous amount of stress all the time from EMF. When the chaos from the EMF is removed, many can literally feel the body exhale for the first time and the tension leave. And when that happens it is game on, deep detox starts and everything starts to gradually get better.
Hmm. I wonder if I should look into sleeping in a faraday cage or something after I move to my new apt in a bit under 2 months.
Niacin is definitely a game changer and betaine from sourdough bread seems to be working well too.
One other noteworthy thing is that I finally lost my gluten sensitivity after several months of taking the FB group approach. I had gluten sensitivity for around 5 years, and I tried keto, RCP, and a bunch of other things that didn't solve it. Or to put it another way, whether intoxing or detoxing, I was still gluten sensitive. Something changed with the addition of extra choline that detox alone couldn't achieve. Unless it was just around the corner and the fading of the sensitivity after adding eggs was a coincidence. I think it wasn't since some others have reported similar results in the FB group. Basically, I think the different vA detox schools should be allies rather than enemies. It's fine to be clear about where we disagree, but we can all help to expand the research and refine the approaches.

PopSocket

I do think you are partially correct. I was at times detoxing too fast and it caused some damage. I had to slow it down. However, I also think that choline, betaine, and niacin have all worked to add some protection against the toxins being dumped (choline bound to vA makes it less destructive on the gut), to keep up with repairs needed from the circulating toxins (betaine), and balance out my genetic tendency to overmethylate (niacin/niacinamide), among their other functions. I think the reality of biochemistry is more complex than one chemical does one thing and it has a clear motivation, good or evil, like a human does.
Never been part of the fb group and no idea what the arguments are about BUT from my research it seems Choline / phosphatidylcholine is a big burden for the body to synthesize all the time. Taking some from diet/supplements will free up resources for detoxification which after all is the end goal. I think Smith is wrong on this one.

May not be wrong on Eggs though especially cooked /with oils or hard boiled/ etc. Haven't made up my mind on this one. But small amount of eggs especially RAW yolk only eating it away from other vA foods might be a good solution, I am trying this approach now. Beef has some amount of choline but not enough.

Another big burden seems to be creatine synthesis and a small amount of about 1-2gr per day will free up the body to do more detox and not try to synthesize it. Not to mention it depletes glycine and really normal people are already deficient in.

When a person has as he says clinical practice with many many people one sees stuff with his own eyes that are contrary to theory - so maybe he is right on choline but who knows.

Regarding the low vA not working for everybody - nothing works for everybody. Some people are way way too far gone, others cannot follow instructions and observe themselves properly and make wrong choices. And sometimes it seems it is more than the physical/biochemistry stuff and goes beyound so no detox method can help.

Mary Lyn

Two weeks in on a reduced vit A and copper diet, (still 4 eggs per week) plus sleeping in a faraday cage, I have the following results:

arthritis in hands has greatly eased though one finger still has limited movement,

age (74) spots on hands fading,

signs of psoriasis ie nails on 4 fingers losing contact with nailbed improved - only one has that problem now.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Two weeks in on a reduced vit A and copper diet, (still 4 eggs per week) plus sleeping in a faraday cage, I have the following results:

arthritis in hands has greatly eased though one finger still has limited movement,

age (74) spots on hands fading,

signs of psoriasis ie nails on 4 fingers losing contact with nailbed improved - only one has that problem now.
Wonderful! Thank you for sharing! :hattip

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Basically, I think the different vA detox schools should be allies rather than enemies. It's fine to be clear about where we disagree, but we can all help to expand the research and refine the approaches.
Yes, I agree. We are all unique to a degree and each of us is still responsible for figuring out our own needs and the approach to all of this that works best for us individually. We can’t learn from one another if we don’t share. What I tolerate has changed over time and is certainty not going to be an exact match for someone else. There’s the larger framework to be considered but ultimately there will be individual differences.

mosaic01

So you think people like the person I posted have an agenda and are just saying this because they want to keep people sick? Come on that is ridiculous if that's what you meant. She worked with Garret for a few years and her health got worse not better, and if you follow Genereuxs forum, the fb group and even some on Garrets page you can clearly see that people have mixed results. Just because you've seen some people have sudden breakthroughs on the Low Vit A diet that doesn't that mean it happens for everyone.

No one can help 100% of their clients in the current state of the world we are in. There are so many factors involved in how people got toxic, their current life circumstances and blocks, that's not really something you can use against Dr. Smith. There is still a lack of knowledge around many details, what matters is the process and that there's finally a framework that is in line with how the body works (focus on liver health, detox and toxic bile).

There may also simply some things that can not be healed anymore because of structural changes of the organism, at least not in our current context.

What happens here goes beyond individuals. It's an inter-generational process, rolling back energetic, genetic and epigenetic developments of hundreds of years is not going to happen overnight for everyone.

The importance of toxicity and toxic bile is something others have discovered before, including Dr. Shoemaker, Dr. Nathan, and Karen Hurd, but the scope was too limited.

Where’s the 50/50 number coming from?

I would also like to know that. He said around 30-40% who reported back experience some form of detox setback, but he also said only some of those are worse off than before.

"But, then, after about say 3 – 6 months, they start to see those improvements regress. In some cases they regress even more and sometimes even end up being worse off than before they started a low vA diet. The percentage of people encountering the setback is somewhere around 30% – 40%, with a wide range of various degrees of severity."

Makes sense, because these people probably detox a lot of other stuff besides retinol, and for some things binders are very important (charcoal, bentonite, soluble fiber, pectin), as well as certain minerals. Other things like EMF protection, sauna, CO2, ozone will probably turn out to be essential for some as well.

Hidden49

I’m one of the people who got better temporarily and then started getting worse on Dr. Smith’s program (admittedly my compliance was around 85% because it wasn’t easy with travel and such). I then went with the approach in the FB group and have had better results, though I still have a long ways to go. I’m a software engineer and I don’t have any wellness side gig or supplements to sell. Calling people who had the same experience as me “compromised” really is quite silly and I think it simply comes from parroting what Dr. Smith himself says. He disparages everyone who has even minor disagreements with him and it really isn’t a good look. Even though I don’t agree with everything in his program I am thankful for the parts of his work that I actually do find useful. I don’t know why he can’t have a more chill attitude like that.
Yeah it's almost a tribalism mentality and gaslighting those who this approach hasn't worked out for.

youngsinatra

I’m one of the people who got better temporarily and then started getting worse on Dr. Smith’s program (admittedly my compliance was around 85% because it wasn’t easy with travel and such). I then went with the approach in the FB group and have had better results, though I still have a long ways to go. I’m a software engineer and I don’t have any wellness side gig or supplements to sell. Calling people who had the same experience as me “compromised” really is quite silly and I think it simply comes from parroting what Dr. Smith himself says. He disparages everyone who has even minor disagreements with him and it really isn’t a good look. Even though I don’t agree with everything in his program I am thankful for the parts of his work that I actually do find useful. I don’t know why he can’t have a more chill attitude like that.
Thanks for sharing. I know at least one person that did consultation with Dr. Smith for 1+ year with repeated labs, HTMA, supplements.

Did not improve his severe CFS and not even his cholestasis etc. and then after a year he dropped off. He was on full doses of the recommended supplements that Dr. guided for him. I remember him being on 100mg zinc, 200 mcg selenium, 300 mcg molybdenum, 800mg lactoferrin etc. Also B1, B12…

He had low ceruloplasmin/copper (copper dysregulation) and thus very low energy. I think this is an issue that needs a more sophisticated approach to resolve.

Peater

Thanks for sharing. I know at least one person that did consultation with Dr. Smith for 1+ year with repeated labs, HTMA, supplements.

Did not improve his severe CFS and not even his cholestasis etc. and then after a year he dropped off. He was on full doses of the recommended supplements that Dr. guided for him. I remember him being on 100mg zinc, 200 mcg selenium, 300 mcg molybdenum, 800mg lactoferrin etc. Also B1, B12…

He had low ceruloplasmin/copper (copper dysregulation) and thus very low energy. I think this is an issue that needs a more sophisticated approach to resolve.
When was this?

TripleOG

I’m one of the people who got better temporarily and then started getting worse on Dr. Smith’s program (admittedly my compliance was around 85% because it wasn’t easy with travel and such). I then went with the approach in the FB group and have had better results, though I still have a long ways to go. I’m a software engineer and I don’t have any wellness side gig or supplements to sell. Calling people who had the same experience as me “compromised” really is quite silly and I think it simply comes from parroting what Dr. Smith himself says.
Kinda ironic how this parallels the the Peatarian vs. Low-vA sentiment.

He disparages everyone who has even minor disagreements with him and it really isn’t a good look. Even though I don’t agree with everything in his program I am thankful for the parts of his work that I actually do find useful. I don’t know why he can’t have a more chill attitude like that.
Yea there's got to be more to the story with Garrett and the main contributors of the FB group (Andrew, Jenny, etc) because he's way too combative for simple dietary disagreements aiming for the same goal.

Yeah it's almost a tribalism mentality and gaslighting those who this approach hasn't worked out for.

What's funny is if Grant had the same disposition then there wouldn't even be a Love You Liver program lol.

I thinks it's important to understand this is called a "theory" for a reason. It's continuously evolving. Garrett's program today isn't what it was 2 years ago and won't be the same 2 years from now. Negative outcomes are just as important as the positive ones. How else can something be fine-tuned? A lot can be learned from varying experiences.

mosaic01

I thinks it's important to understand this is called a "theory" for a reason. It's continuously evolving. Garrett's program today isn't what it was 2 years ago and won't be the same 2 years from now. Negative outcomes are just as important as the positive ones. How else can something be fine-tuned? A lot can be learned from varying experiences.

Agreed, that should be common sense. Many ways lead to Rome.

The biggest problem that amplifies over time is looking at the tree while losing sight of the forest.......😊

Jabuger

I do think you are partially correct. I was at times detoxing too fast and it caused some damage. I had to slow it down. However, I also think that choline, betaine, and niacin have all worked to add some protection against the toxins being dumped (choline bound to vA makes it less destructive on the gut), to keep up with repairs needed from the circulating toxins (betaine), and balance out my genetic tendency to overmethylate (niacin/niacinamide), among their other functions. I think the reality of biochemistry is more complex than one chemical does one thing and it has a clear motivation, good or evil, like a human does.
Do you supplement choline or get it from eggs? I think beef heart has a decent amount of choline and is very lean but also has a lot of copper as well. Since avoiding VA my anxiety has almost went away.

I used to eat 2 eggs everyday fried in butter but stopped that and so I don’t get any choline. I’ve seen some people suggest eggs may be beneficial.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
. I’ve seen some people suggest eggs may be beneficial.
Eggs slow down detox because they are poison, that is why they report benefits. Beef has plenty of choline.

orangebear

Do you supplement choline or get it from eggs? I think beef heart has a decent amount of choline and is very lean but also has a lot of copper as well. Since avoiding VA my anxiety has almost went away.

I used to eat 2 eggs everyday fried in butter but stopped that and so I don’t get any choline. I’ve seen some people suggest eggs may be beneficial.
I eat about 2 eggs per day. I haven’t tried beef heart though I’ve been curious about it. If it’s high in copper that might not be a good idea for me since I have signs of copper toxicity.
Eggs slow down detox because they are poison, that is why they report benefits. Beef has plenty of choline.
Beef does have some choline, but these are the overly simplified statements I and anyone who cares about details, context, and nuance finds to be problematic and unscientific in Dr. Smith’s way of thinking. Although, there are rare occasions where Dr. Smith will mention that all foods contain some poison and we need to try to eat things with the least poison and that there are tradeoffs that affect individuals differently. I think it would be better if he put more emphasis on the nuanced take rather than the hyperbolic one that he usually repeats and that you just posted.

orangebear

To put it another way, it’s better to explain things to adults so they can understand and utilize principles rather than saying “No! Bad! Don’t eat that!” like you’re talking to a pet dog or two year old.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals