Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

Cirion

Calcium phosphate ratio and vitamin d no longer matters? What about parathyroid

I should have added, its not a RP sanctioned article.

But we've already seen people in this thread thriving on virtually no calcium intake, and I (personally) believe vitamin D, at least taken as a pill, is not helpful. Sunlight absolutely is very useful, but the pill just can't replace the sun.

BigChad

I should have added, its not a RP sanctioned article.

But we've already seen people in this thread thriving on virtually no calcium intake, and I (personally) believe vitamin D, at least taken as a pill, is not helpful. Sunlight absolutely is very useful, but the pill just can't replace the sun.

what about k2, magnesium, b vitamin, vitamin E supplements

gaze

I saw a quote on the side of the main portal page that went something like "When trying to lose weight, calcium intake is the most important facet to address," or something like that. I had a laugh.

Grant generoux isn’t exactly “healthy” besides his eczema and kidney issues behind “cured”. His cholesterol is incredibly low, his resting heart rate is in the 50s, and he’s overweight, so i’m not sure why Rays recommendations are so laughable. solving autoimmune issues does not equal optimal health, even by a long shot

Collden

He's at an ideal weight for his age.

I don't think having a diet of only rice, beef and beans is the healthiest either and likely causes his low lipids, but remember he's only doing it now to see how far a low-VA diet can be pushed, not because he needs it.

Last edited:

BigChad

Apparently taurine and vitamin E can help hypervitaminosis A.

• Stopping high Vitamin A intake is the standard treatment. Most people fully recover.[1]
  • Phosphatidylcholine (in the form of PPC or DLPC), the substrate for Lecithin retinol acyltransferase, which converts retinol into Retinyl esters (the storage forms of vitamin A).
  • Vitamin E may alleviate hypervitaminosis A.[32]
  • Liver transplantation may be a valid option if no improvement occurs.[33]
If liver damage has progressed into fibrosis, synthesizing capacity is compromised and supplementation can replenish PC. However, recovery is dependent on removing the causative agent: halting high Vitamin A intake

Some Arctic animals demonstrate no signs of hypervitaminosis A despite having 10–20 times the level of vitamin A in their livers as other Arctic animals. These animals are top predators and include the polar bear, Arctic fox, bearded seal, and glaucous gull. This ability to efficiently store higher amounts of vitamin A may have contributed to their survival in the extreme environment of the Arctic.

I think that's only due to a case of the strongest predators surviving in spite of the high vitamin A.

These treatments have been used to help treat or manage toxicity in animals. Although not considered part of standard treatment, they might be of some benefit to humans.

• Vitamin E appears to be an effective treatment in rabbits,[42] prevents side effects in chicks[43]
  • Taurine significantly reduces toxic effects in rats.[44] Retinoids can be conjugated by taurine and other substances. Significant amounts of retinotaurine are excreted in the bile,[45] and this retinol conjugate is thought to be an excretory form, as it has little biological activity.[46]
  • Cholestin – significantly reduces toxic effects in rats.[47]
  • Vitamin K prevents hypoprothrombinemia in rats and can sometimes control the increase in plasma/cell ratios of vitamin A
Anybody tested any of these methods out? Vitamin E, Vitamin K, taurine supplementation

artist

Do you have TMJ? I developed it before I learned about the vitamin A stuff, it got better last summer only to get much worse this winter and then after an extraction it's been constant since I have been consuming a lot of dairy I figured maybe it could just be that.
I don't believe I have TMJ, I just get weird muscle tension in my face and my jaw is one of the places I get it but also my cheeks and eyes/eyebrows

Tarmander

Grant generoux isn’t exactly “healthy” besides his eczema and kidney issues behind “cured”. His cholesterol is incredibly low, his resting heart rate is in the 50s, and he’s overweight, so i’m not sure why Rays recommendations are so laughable. solving autoimmune issues does not equal optimal health, even by a long shot

He is overweight? That is news to me. I agree with you on the cholesterol, I think the low number he has it probably not good.

You have to understand, I have seen Ray recommend getting a lot of calcium for a lot of different ailments and the results always seem lackluster. I have also tried different diets that made me feel good, and I said "oh wait, I am not getting enough calcium," and had just an awful time after adding a ton of egg shell calcium.

Ray's recommendations on Calcium are some of his worst recommendations from my experience.

gaze

He is overweight? That is news to me. I agree with you on the cholesterol, I think the low number he has it probably not good.

You have to understand, I have seen Ray recommend getting a lot of calcium for a lot of different ailments and the results always seem lackluster. I have also tried different diets that made me feel good, and I said "oh wait, I am not getting enough calcium," and had just an awful time after adding a ton of egg shell calcium.

Ray's recommendations on Calcium are some of his worst recommendations from my experience.

No. I was basing that statement off the image in my head of him from his rat video on youtube, but when I went back I saw I remembered incorrectly, you can’t see his weight really and he looks normal. that’s my bad. His heart rate is most concerning to me, as it dropped when he went low A, which is the opposite of desirable. (although Grant considered it a good thing)

I think Rays recommendation of calcium is to “de stress” the body by bringing thyroid hormone down, but if the body is already de stressed, then taking calcium without adequate magnesium may lead to stressing the body. it has to be balanced, so I think for some people too much calcium which goes un used could potentially be bad but properly utilized calcium is highly beneficial for the body, including weight loss, so his recommendation isn’t based off nothing.

artist

Calcium supplementation gives me tired-but-wired feelings every time
Same with dairy

lampofred

I think if your PUFA, lactic acid, prolactin is high, and CO2/salt retention is low, calcium will cause problems for you. I used to not be able to handle calcium at all but now I am currently getting about 5g of calcium and 10k IU of vitamin D (which will amplify the effects of calcium) per day with no ill effects.

I think high dose coffee and NoFap were what depleted my PUFA enough to be able to handle that calcium, but if I eat even one moderate PUFA meal, I get bad effects from the calcium again and lose a bit of my caffeine tolerance.

BigChad

I think if your PUFA, lactic acid, prolactin is high, and CO2/salt retention is low, calcium will cause problems for you. I used to not be able to handle calcium at all but now I am currently getting about 5g of calcium and 10k IU of vitamin D (which will amplify the effects of calcium) per day with no ill effects.

how are you going so high on calcium and vitamin D? what are you using to get in that much calcium? And what is your vitamin A, E, and K intake like? that calcium and D dose look really high

lampofred

how are you going so high on calcium and vitamin D? what are you using to get in that much calcium? And what is your vitamin A, E, and K intake like? that calcium and D dose look really high

2 quarts of whole milk (2.2 grams) throughout the day and an eggshell, which I read is about 2.7-2.8 grams. I eat the eggshell right after I eat a heavily salted egg, and I think the salt helps with controlling any negative effect from the calcium. Vitamin D is just Carlson's Liquid D. I don't supplement Vitamin A, but I don't eat liver or carrots either. I supplement Vitamin E only if I eat something that's cooked with olive oil/palm oil. I take 2.6 mg Vitamin K whenever I take aspirin, which is around every other day.

I think anything that keeps your prolactin low (salt, NoFap, coffee, PUFA depletion, avoiding alcohol and endurance exercise) helps you to handle calcium. Keeping magnesium intake high probably also helps, and I do that via around 8 cups of OJ and 8 cups of coffee daily.

I know that calcium intake is really high, but whenever I ask Dr. Peat what I can do for fatigue, he always recommends calcium, magnesium, and Vitamin D, so I want to legitimately give a shot at increasing calcium intake for a while.

I don't have hair loss anymore, but I also think that things like hair loss and other "low kidney yin" issues are symptoms of depleted calcium reserves.

gaze

2 quarts of whole milk (2.2 grams) throughout the day and an eggshell, which I read is about 2.7-2.8 grams. I eat the eggshell right after I eat a heavily salted egg, and I think the salt helps with controlling any negative effect from the calcium. Vitamin D is just Carlson's Liquid D. I don't supplement Vitamin A, but I don't eat liver or carrots either. I supplement Vitamin E only if I eat something that's cooked with olive oil/palm oil. I take 2.6 mg Vitamin K whenever I take aspirin, which is around every other day.

I think anything that keeps your prolactin low (salt, NoFap, coffee, PUFA depletion, avoiding alcohol and endurance exercise) helps you to handle calcium. Keeping magnesium intake high probably also helps, and I do that via around 8 cups of OJ and 8 cups of coffee daily.

I know that calcium intake is really high, but whenever I ask Dr. Peat what I can do for fatigue, he always recommends calcium, magnesium, and Vitamin D, so I'm just trying to legitimately try hard to increase calcium intake for a while.

Do you experience fatigue with 8 cups of coffee and OJ? how bad is it if you go one day without them if I may ask? the average human would have crazy withdrawals, of course that’s from hypothyroidism, but still

Edit: I know the coffee and Oj are in line with peat, im not saying it’s abnormal, rather interested in how different people react to and without “stimulants” for my own curiosity

lampofred

Do you experience fatigue with 8 cups of coffee and OJ? how bad is it if you go one day without them if I may ask? the average human would have crazy withdrawals, of course that’s from hypothyroidism, but still

Edit: I know the coffee and Oj are in line with peat, im not saying it’s abnormal, rather interested in how different people react to and without “stimulants” for my own curiosity

I get a mild headache if I quit the coffee but nothing crazy. Yeah I do still have fatigue because coffee and sugar don't really stimulate me. They act like what I think thyroid should be like (but Cytomel doesn't really work for me), they make me calmer and sharper, but I still get tired very quickly.

I think the issue is too much brain estrogen, which makes you overattentive to detail and makes you burn 4-5x times as much energy as should be necessary to do a particular task. But I have no clue how to lower it aside from monk-style hours and hours of meditation.

Tarmander

I think high dose coffee and NoFap were what depleted my PUFA enough to be able to handle that calcium, but if I eat even one moderate PUFA meal, I get bad effects from the calcium again and lose a bit of my caffeine tolerance.

You could be right but I hacked away at that tree for a couple years and wasn't able to make it work. I hope you keep having success with it though.

Calcium supplementation gives me tired-but-wired feelings every time
Same with dairy
Yeah it definitely stimulates me and makes my blood sugars absolutely haywire. I did egg shells for probably 2 months and it was really harsh on my body.

No. I was basing that statement off the image in my head of him from his rat video on youtube, but when I went back I saw I remembered incorrectly, you can’t see his weight really and he looks normal. that’s my bad. His heart rate is most concerning to me, as it dropped when he went low A, which is the opposite of desirable. (although Grant considered it a good thing)

I think Rays recommendation of calcium is to “de stress” the body by bringing thyroid hormone down, but if the body is already de stressed, then taking calcium without adequate magnesium may lead to stressing the body. it has to be balanced, so I think for some people too much calcium which goes un used could potentially be bad but properly utilized calcium is highly beneficial for the body, including weight loss, so his recommendation isn’t based off nothing.

If something is that hard to finesse, where you can go from destressing to stressing relatively easily, I tend to avoid it unless I absolutely need it. I live my life in a way where if I miss a meal, or a supplement, or a timing, I am not screwed ya know. Calcium definitely does not fit the bill for me, but if you can finagle it then go for it.

Cirion

Calcium is just a false flag. I wish Ray properly stressed the importance of the liver, because now I think its the one ring to rule them all, not calcium. Yeah he talks about it, but it gets a backseat to calcium.

BigChad

I know that calcium intake is really high, but whenever I ask Dr. Peat what I can do for fatigue, he always recommends calcium, magnesium, and Vitamin D, so I want to legitimately give a shot at increasing calcium intake for a while.

I don't have hair loss anymore, but I also think that things like hair loss and other "low kidney yin" issues are symptoms of depleted calcium reserves.

what is your phosphorus intake? milk has almost as much phosphorus as calcium?
you probably get a lot of vitamin A from that much milk? lots of vitamin D too? Just 8 oz of whole milk has 300Iu vitamin A and 100IU D3.
did you notice advantages doing 5g calcium vs doing like 2g calcium and 1g phosphorus.
also what is your total magnesium intake at? no supplements for that right.
which brand of orange juice are you using. I remember in the email thread, ray mentioned if the orange juice has a sour taste its bad and had things added to it?

gaze

I get a mild headache if I quit the coffee but nothing crazy. Yeah I do still have fatigue because coffee and sugar don't really stimulate me. They act like what I think thyroid should be like (but Cytomel doesn't really work for me), they make me calmer and sharper, but I still get tired very quickly.

I think the issue is too much brain estrogen, which makes you overattentive to detail and makes you burn 4-5x times as much energy as should be necessary to do a particular task. But I have no clue how to lower it aside from monk-style hours and hours of meditation.

Yea I too have many of those symptoms. I have one of those long alien looking heads so although I’d like to tell myself it’s from increased intelligence, my restless mind is definitely from estrogen/prolactin. I’ve always been “smart” in school, and it was quite easy to get straight As with no studying, but more often then not I feel dumb, forgetful, and my mind is always changing from one topic to another. At times it feels my mind is burning more calories then anything else, and even still I always have a mild fatigue. (i’ve had these issues since childhood, mid 20s now)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals